Honda Passport Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
You could transfer your CDs to a flash drive and play music by selecting the USB source on the screen
Search on this forum as others have done this.
As to what CD player, any portable CD player will work using a 1/8", (3,5mm), male to male cable to connect the cd player to the aux jack in the console.
Thanks. This is for a family member. Transferring the music to a flash drive doesn't seem to be an option that this person wants to do.

Has anyone tried a USB CD player, and if so, can someone link to the CD player model they got?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Setting the record straight….
Elite models have the blue ray installed entertainment system … You can listen to cds in it…
On some Acura models, when you play a cd, it automatically copies it and keeps it in your library, not sure if that’s what they call it, but no need to carry 1000 cds around…
Inserting a genuine copy of a cd does not violate any piracy laws… A bootleg one will not copy…

blue…
So are you saying that 2022/2023 Passport Elites have a "slot" to insert CD's?

Can any current owners confirm?

(thanks)
Think Blue jean has confused Pilot with Passport.

Per Honda website, blu-ray installed entertainment center is standard in Elite models of the Pilot, not Passport:
Advanced Rear Entertainment System with 10.2-inch High-Resolution Screen, Blu-Ray™* 28 Player, Built-In Streaming Apps and Wireless Headphones (2)

Per Honda website, Elite Passport has:
550-watt AM/FM Premium audio system with MP3/Windows Media® Audio playback capability and 10 speakers including subwoofer
No CD or Blu-Ray

Same info on Canadian-spec models, too

·
Premium Member
2019 Passport Elite
166 Posts
Think Blue jean has confused Pilot with Passport.

Per Honda website, blu-ray installed entertainment center is standard in Elite models of the Pilot, not Passport:
Advanced Rear Entertainment System with 10.2-inch High-Resolution Screen, Blu-Ray™* 28 Player, Built-In Streaming Apps and Wireless Headphones (2)

Per Honda website, Elite Passport has:
550-watt AM/FM Premium audio system with MP3/Windows Media® Audio playback capability and 10 speakers including subwoofer
No CD or Blu-Ray

Same info on Canadian-spec models, too
IIRC, the Elite has the wireless charging pad which uses the same plug on the head unit as the optonal CD player...CD's have a LOT better sound quality than using a thumb drive or Pandora (which I use). YRMV.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go on Amazon and search USB CD Player for car and you'll find several options. No, you do not have to feed it batteries, it is powered through the usb cable. I have one, it works fine.
Can you link to the one you have? Because for the ones I looked up, some people say it worked, some didn't. It would be nice to know from someone who has also had a Passport, which CD player worked. How long have you used your CD player for?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
48 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking at Portable CD players:

Can I connect to it just via the cigarette lighter?

Will the anti skip work when connected this way?

What is the cassette adapter used for? Is it necessary?

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Looking at Portable CD players:

Can I connect to it just via the cigarette lighter?

Will the anti skip work when connected this way?

What is the cassette adapter used for? Is it necessary?
The Cassette Tape Adapter is useless for your application.

Anti-skip is a feature that works within the CD Player, and unless you can turn it off/on, it should work no matter how you plug it in.

The Cigarette Light is your power source, so unless you use batteries in the CD player, you will need it hooked up,

The best way to interface a portable CD (or other music device) is thru the USB port.

Old CD players do not have USB ports.

My guess is that you may be able to find/use a cable from Headphones Jack (on the CD Player) to the USB port (in the Passport).

My other guess is that it probably will not sound any better than simply uploading music to your phone...

I would echo, what was told to you above - LOOK FOR A CD PLAYER WITH A USB OUTPUT (PORT)...

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Cassette Tape Adapter is useless for your application.

Anti-skip is a feature that works within the CD Player, and unless you can turn it off/on, it should work no matter how you plug it in.

The Cigarette Light is your power source, so unless you use batteries in the CD player, you will need it hooked up,

The best way to interface a portable CD (or other music device) is thru the USB port.

Old CD players do not have USB ports.

My guess is that you may be able to find/use a cable from Headphones Jack (on the CD Player) to the USB port (in the Passport).

My other guess is that it probably will not sound any better than simply uploading music to your phone...

I would echo, what was told to you above - LOOK FOR A CD PLAYER WITH A USB OUTPUT (PORT)...
Thanks for all of the responses.

This is the only CD player with a USB output that I could find that's compatible with the Passport, and the reviews are mixed. Some people say it stops working after a while.

So if using an old portable CD player, you think using the headphone out on the CD player, with this adapter, to the USB port, could work:

This is for a family member, but right now that person is deciding between the simplicity of a CD player, or ripping and uploading music to a phone / iPod.

This person is not an audiophile, so they would be mp3s.

Though I am just asking, because I want to understand your comment about sound quality.

Do you think using a headphone out jack into the Aux port sounds any better or worse, than headphone out to 3.5mm to USB adapter to USB port?

·
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I'd just be guessing, but you might be ok, doing headphone out to the Aux input, not sure if portable CD's have RCA jacks out, that would probably be better...

Reactions: nuraman00

·
Registered
43 Posts
So after reviewing more options, I think we've narrowed down to what USB CD player to get.

However, another idea came up. What about replacing the in dash multimedia unit, with one with a CD player and also GPS, for the 2022 Passport?

Here are some options:

Does anyone know if this would work? Also, would a single din or double din connection be compatible with the Passport? Both of these are double din.

·
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
However, another idea came up. What about replacing the in dash multimedia unit, with one with a CD player and also GPS, for the 2022 Passport?

Does anyone know if this would work? Also, would a single din or double din connection be compatible with the Passport? Both of these are double din.
I think once you compare the price & installation of a new HU vs a USB CD player, you'll be able to answer these questions...

81 - 95 of 95 Posts