Honda Passport Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
It's located right below the heating and cooling controls. On my 2020 Pssspirt it had an open slot there, now it's filled. There is a picture of it installed on the accessories catalog at the dealer. Might be able to find a pic on line? List was $460, I got a 10% coupon with my 1 year anniversary congratulatory email. The dealer initially wanted to charge me an additional $160 for an internal bracket plate. I pushed back with the accessories sheet listed it for $460 installed. They honored it and gave me 10% off as well. I'm happy.
Thanks, I made that post about a month BEFORE the Passport was released (Jan-2019) and I bought mine w/the CD player in March-2019... yeah, I got mine for $500.

Any plans to upgrade your speakers/amp?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I just had a CD player installed on my 2020 Passport yesterday. It's listed on the accessories sheet. It's a single disc player wih no hard drive. I too miss that feature from my 2013 Pilot. The CD player is still worth it for those that have a bunch of CDs.
Hello Mr. Boston. When I purchased my 2019 Elite PP I had no idea that this trim level with the cell phone charger takes the place of adding a CD player. I too miss playing my CDs with the hard drive to store them all when played.

·
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Hello Mr. Boston. When I purchased my 2019 Elite PP I had no idea that this trim level with the cell phone charger takes the place of adding a CD player. I too miss playing my CDs with the hard drive to store them all when played.

Do you use the Charging Pad?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Elder preps idea of an iPod is a good one. I have far too much music to ever fit into Honda Music. I have a 6th generation iPod 120 gigabyte that I put all of my music on. When it's plugged into the head unit the system treats it just like an iPhone in terms of music. Easy to find what I want to listen too by several different categories. Personally I hate dragging a bunch of CD's around in my vehicle as well as trying to dig out the one I want when driving. But hey, that's just me.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Do you use the Charging Pad?
No. I tried it once when the battery was almost zero power. I left it on for about an hour on a long road trip. Pulling in for a rest stop, I picked up the phone and it was still zero power. Another poster here on the forum said did you have a protective case on your phone? Answer: yes, I never take it off as it's a hassle to have to take it off and put it back on. Apparently, the charging power is blocked by the rubber protective case. So no, I never use the charger plate, I use a plug into the outlet in the console. For me, it's a waste of an option I'll never use.

·
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
No. I tried it once when the battery was almost zero power. I left it on for about an hour on a long road trip. Pulling in for a rest stop, I picked up the phone and it was still zero power. Another poster here on the forum said did you have a protective case on your phone? Answer: yes, I never take it off as it's a hassle to have to take it off and put it back on. Apparently, the charging power is blocked by the rubber protective case. So no, I never use the charger plate, I use a plug into the outlet in the console. For me, it's a waste of an option I'll never use.

That's what i have heard as well, PLUS, if you want to use Apple Car Play, your iPhone needs to be connected via the USB (which charges it).

I still cannot believe that a CD player cannot be connected/installed in the Elite, I believe it may use the same connections / area as the Charging Pad, but if you don't use the Charge Pad, then it would not matter...

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2012 Pilot had the music Hard Drive to record the CD's that were played. I have an extensive collection of CD's and miss not having the CD player to play and record them in my PP. The dealer suggested I get an iPod and record the CD's to it and plug that into the PP for my personal music selections. I guess that's my only choice. Suggestions?
I too have a ton of cd's and sirusxm just doesn't play all on my music choices, so I took a 10% coupon from Honda and got them install a single discount cd player into an empty slot. It works fine, no issues, and I have my collection my finger tips again.

·
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I'm looking for a solution for a 2022 Passport.

Why are batteries needed, if the CD player will be connected via the AUX port? Can the AUX port provide enough power?
Depends on the CD player, I suppose, I have an old Sony and and old Panasonic and both require batteries...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Setting the record straight….
Elite models have the blue ray installed entertainment system … You can listen to cds in it…
On some Acura models, when you play a cd, it automatically copies it and keeps it in your library, not sure if that’s what they call it, but no need to carry 1000 cds around…
Inserting a genuine copy of a cd does not violate any piracy laws… A bootleg one will not copy…

blue…

·
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Setting the record straight….
Elite models have the blue ray installed entertainment system … You can listen to cds in it…
On some Acura models, when you play a cd, it automatically copies it and keeps it in your library, not sure if that’s what they call it, but no need to carry 1000 cds around…
Inserting a genuine copy of a cd does not violate any piracy laws… A bootleg one will not copy…

blue…
So are you saying that 2022/2023 Passport Elites have a "slot" to insert CD's?

Can any current owners confirm?

(thanks)

·
Registered
867 Posts
For a 2022 Passport, what is the better option?

Connecting a portable CD player via the aux port, or is it possible to do so via the USB port?

Has anyone done the latter before, and if so, what model CD player?
You could transfer your CDs to a flash drive and play music by selecting the USB source on the screen
Search on this forum as others have done this.
As to what CD player, any portable CD player will work using a 1/8", (3,5mm), male to male cable to connect the cd player to the aux jack in the console.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts