Honda Passport Forum banner

CD Player?

34K views 95 replies 32 participants last post by  nuraman00 
#1 ·
I saw a CD player is listed as an option, being old-school (and owning upwards of 2k CD's) I'm seriously considering adding it as an option.

Any ideas on where it would be located??

Thanks

#3 ·
thanks...!

Reactions: HondasOnly
#5 ·
Yeah, I saw the open space that (hopefully) the CD player will fit, that's perfect and with the Honda Hard Drive, I can still load in the music I listen a lot... Sucks that it's probably gonna be a $300 option though...

#6 ·
I'm an older guy and can certainly understand the appeal, so I'm not knockin' wanting to have a CD player.

But when I first got my current vehicle, I copied a bunch of CDs to a USB drive and left it attached. It's like having a dozen CDs in at all times - with a menu for easy access.

#7 ·
If that works on the Passport, I may just do that!

#8 ·
Such a simple option that so many automakers refuse to offer nowadays. Good on you Honda for appealing to our nostalgia.
I wholeheartedly agree. Kudos for Honda.. This is one of my requirements. I am just waiting for my investment portfolio to get to a certain 'car-buy' value level and also for dealer inventory to increase so I can negotiate an optimum deal.
BTW, has anyone in this forum ever heard about '8 tracks'?

#9 ·
I have a Radio Shack 8-Track recorder in my garage somewhere along with a Concord 8 track player that was my dads..

Anyway, my CD player is getting installed on Friday, I might be the first person in here to get one...

#12 ·
Got the CD player installed today. I'm guessing there are some audiophiles here, but let me just say that mp3's are compressed small files that clip off the highs and lows, while playing a CD in it's native format will give you the best possible sound.

Think of it this way, if you have a picture that is formatted as a small jpg and you try to enlarge it, it looks crappy as there is limited pixels and it does not look very clear, where as if you have a large tif file if you enlarge it, the detail is still there.

Music is the same, if you play a mp3 at low volume it will sound fine, but as you turn it up, it distorts.

So, if you want the best sound, you need nice fat juicy file sizes, and yes, you can do this on thumb drives as well...

Reactions: courtesypassport
#13 ·
To Steven D. I have Honda Passport and it appears the CD player installation may be an option. Did you have it done at the dealer and what was the total price for the player and install?. I have seen a website where the instructions to install oneself are quite complicated. It is not just a pull out panel and attache the cords type of install.

#14 ·
Yes, I bought the CD player, but I bought it along with the initial car purchase. He charged me $500, which I thought was fair considering you have to buy an entire new housing and the amount of labor involved with mounting it, wiring it and syncing it to the Infotainment system (I have a CD icon).

How does it sound? Awesome! I have over a 1,000 CD's and love burning new playlists on my iMac, so a CD player was a must-have option for me.

I also read the installation instructions and did not want any part of that, PLUS if you buy it with the New Vehicle it is covered under the same 3-year warranty - as opposed to buying later and getting only a 90-day warranty.

Anything else, please just ask... cheers!

Reactions: Visa
#18 ·
You Betcha (but not much anymore). I put all my 8 trax & cassettes onto CDs and thumb drives. And, yes, even my grand parents' and parents', and siblings' 33 rpm and 45 rpm 'records' Those are the vinyl discs for those who were born too late to experience.

Attachments

#19 ·
My 2012 Pilot had the music Hard Drive to record the CD's that were played. I have an extensive collection of CD's and miss not having the CD player to play and record them in my PP. The dealer suggested I get an iPod and record the CD's to it and plug that into the PP for my personal music selections. I guess that's my only choice. Suggestions?

#22 ·
I found a way to get 64gb of music on the My Honda Music. It will only accept 8gb at a time, so I just used 4 different drives and downloaded them to My Honda Music one at a time.

#33 ·
I think I might be the only Passport owner here who bought the CD player. It was $500 bucks, negotiated in my original deal.

Since I plan on keeping this "forever" and owning 1000 (or more) CDs and constantly burning new ones on my iMac, I just wanted one and did not mind the price.

Bottom, line it I really like it and listen to it every day to & from work...!

#35 ·
So, what would it have cost Honda to slip in that single CD at the factory on all trims? My guess is about $25.

The cost cutting and corner cutting by all manufacturers is ridiculous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.