Honda Passport Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2019 PP Sport Lunar Silver
57 Posts
Thanks. I decided to go with the Sony AX5000 so not sure if the dimming issue is just with Kenwood or not but will be good to know

·
Registered
30 Posts
They say Pin 3 gray wire. Time to take the dash apart and break out the multimeter.
I can confirm that pin 3 on the cd player plug is the correct one. I found the plug taped to another harness behind the climate controls. Now when I turn on my lights the radio dims.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can confirm that pin 3 on the cd player plug is the correct one. I found the plug taped to another harness behind the climate controls. Now when I turn on my lights the radio dims.

View attachment 9490

View attachment 9491
Awesome! Any easy method to remove the pins from the extra harness? I looked online and everything I found looked much different. I don't see any tabs to depress.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was able to save 7 of them so not bad. Looking at the metra harness, you mentioned you used 2 of these pins for c12 and c24 but when I look at the image of the vehicle connector, I'm a bit confused as these locations already are occupied on the metra harness.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was able to save 7 of them so not bad. Looking at the metra harness, you mentioned you used 2 of these pins for c12 and c24 but when I look at the image of the vehicle connector, I'm a bit confused as these locations already are occupied on the metra harness.
The big Metra harness is plug A. If I remember correctly plug C is the backup camera plug.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Look at my previous post #58 its the 2 pins on the backup camera harness.
Thanks. That makes sense. So just to confirm, the only 2 wires you used the pins for are these 2 for SWC into backup camera harness?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks. That makes sense. So just to confirm, the only 2 wires you used the pins for are these 2 for SWC into backup camera harness?
Correct its digital communication just need +/-. It's the bus communication system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Correct its digital communication just need +/-. It's the bus communication system.
Good to know. And the dimmer wire you connected to pin 3 (gray wire) was the orange w/white off of the Kenwood harness?
I appreciate all the info, if you are in the Tampa area, I owe you a beer...or at least 2...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good to know. And the dimmer wire you connected to pin 3 (gray wire) was the orange w/white off of the Kenwood harness?
I appreciate all the info, if you are in the Tampa area, I owe you a beer...or at least 2...
Yes the O/W wire.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes the O/W wire.
The reverse wire is a huge pain to get to there is a ridgeline video and he shows the wire. For that one take the lower panel off on the driver side it helps a lot.

He points out the reverse at about 7:40 in the video.
Do you remember the wire gauge size on this brown wire that you have to tap into? Looks like 22-18 gauge tap splice?

·
Registered
57 Posts
So you use the 3.5 jack as well? Instructions say to plug it in but wanted to confirm since you mentioned only 4 wires used

·
Registered
30 Posts
So you use the 3.5 jack as well? Instructions say to plug it in but wanted to confirm since you mentioned only 4 wires used
Are you referring to the one on the steering wheel control? If so plug it into the female 3.5 pigtail they provide and connect the solid brown wire to the steering wheel control of the radio. On the Kenwood its the Blue/Yellow

·
Registered
30 Posts
[QUOTE="Mark83, post: 55442, member: 54
[/QUOTE]
The pigtail only uses the solid brown wire. the brown/white wire is unused.

·
Registered
57 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Thanks again, that's what I needed to confirm. Hoping to get this all complete this weekend. Decided to go with the Kenwood DMX7607S over the Sony.

·
Registered
57 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Regarding the antenna adapter, my Kenwood only has one Blue/white wire on it's harness for either power antenna or amp. I'm assuming there is no separate amp in this trim level and plan on connecting that B/W wire to to Blue wire on the antenna adapter and leaving the Blue wire on the Metra harness empty.

Thoughts on this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Regarding the antenna adapter, my Kenwood only has one Blue/white wire on it's harness for either power antenna or amp. I'm assuming there is no separate amp in this trim level and plan on connecting that B/W wire to to Blue wire on the antenna adapter and leaving the Blue wire on the Metra harness empty.

Thoughts on this?
[/QUOTE]
That's what I did blue from the adapter to blue on the radio.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts