Honda Passport Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been looking into adding the dimmer wire. One of the forums says to connect it to the illumination wire of the climate control. Not a big deal but at night that screen can be a little bright.

·
Registered
2019 PP Sport Lunar Silver
57 Posts
Some good news I was able to get it to work it was pin C12 and C24. Once you turn everything on it will do the green/red fast flash just keep tapping the vol up button over and over until it stops flashing. In a few days, I will remove everything so I can soldier my connections and tighten the wiring up. When I do that I will work on a new write-up.

4 wires on the ASWC-1 are used.
Black to black
Red to ACC
C12 to Blue/Pink on aswc1
C24 to Pink on aswc1

Kenwood DNR876S Digital Multimedia Navigation Receiver
View attachment 9079
Was the steering wheel adapter the only one that required reconfiguration? We're the other adapters plug and play?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was the steering wheel adapter the only one that required reconfiguration? We're the other adapters plug and play?
Yes, the backup camera is just wire in, and nothing to configure. I added XM and it was a simple plug. The USB and antenna adapters were plugin. Here is everything that I purchased.

Dash kit

Steering wheel control.

Wiring harness you will need two so you can add more wires. I found the harness only has the basic stuff like power and speakers you will need to add more wires.

Antenna adapter

Backup camera adapter

USB Adapter

Kenwood stereo

XM tuner

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been hesitant to do on my own but since I can't find an installer willing to do it, I think I don't have much of a choice. I found this diagram on YouTube from a Ridgeline install. I wonder if this is the same for the Passport?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been hesitant to do on my own but since I can't find an installer willing to do it, I think I don't have much of a choice. I found this diagram on YouTube from a Ridgeline install. I wonder if this is the same for the Passport?
I have a 2020 sport and the orange wire is not correct they did away with it. The light green E-Brake I just grounded that out permanently lets you have all the features all the time. The backup cam is correct. The steering wheel controls are different see my previous post. Keep in mind for the steering wheel control you will use plug C with is the other 24pin plug.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2020 sport and the orange wire is not correct they did away with it. The light green E-Brake I just grounded that out permanently lets you have all the features all the time. The backup cam is correct. The steering wheel controls are different see my previous post. Keep in mind for the steering wheel control you will use plug C with is the other 24pin plug.
The reverse wire is a huge pain to get to there is a ridgeline video and he shows the wire. For that one take the lower panel off on the driver side it helps a lot.

He points out the reverse at about 7:40 in the video.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I really appreciate all the information. It's crazy how there just isn't anything really out there.

Now it's just time that I pick a stereo and order all the adapters to get this thing done before it gets too hot here in Florida...

·
Registered
57 Posts
One additional question. Did this power the rear sub as well or did you have to install separate amp for that or lose it altogether? I'm reading mixed responses as it relates to the subwoofer in trunk

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
One additional question. Did this power the rear sub as well or did you have to install separate amp for that or lose it altogether? I'm reading mixed responses as it relates to the subwoofer in trunk

Thanks
I think it's still going but honestly, I haven't checked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really appreciate all the information. It's crazy how there just isn't anything really out there.

Now it's just time that I pick a stereo and order all the adapters to get this thing done before it gets too hot here in Florida...
If you pull up the official schematics from honda there are about 4-8 different wiring configs depending on the features you have such as noise cancelation. These configs actually swap wires out so there is no one size fits all. Seems a little over complicated by honda.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you pull up the official schematics from honda there are about 4-8 different wiring configs depending on the features you have such as noise cancelation. These configs actually swap wires out so there is no one size fits all. Seems a little over complicated by honda.
I think I've now watched more videos on how to do this than anything else I've done...

For the wire connections, did you just use butt connectors or do you have a better connection solution? I see in that video he used a quick tap for the back up camera connection

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I've now watched more videos on how to do this than anything else I've done...

For the wire connections, did you just use butt connectors or do you have a better connection solution? I see in that video he used a quick tap for the back up camera connection
I solder and heat shrink it takes a little bit of extra time but I know they will never fail. This guy has some great tips to make it more professional.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I solder and heat shrink it takes a little bit of extra time but I know they will never fail. This guy has some great tips to make it more professional.

One spot where I did use a quick splice is the reverse wire since its such a pain to get to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One spot where I did use a quick splice is the reverse wire since its such a pain to get to.
Ordered all the harnesses and connectors
Now just need to decide between Sony AX5000/7000 and Kenwood DMX7706S / 9707Sboth have a price point around $399 & $599. Like the screen appearance of the Sony but reviews suggest the Kenwood is a better product

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been looking into adding the dimmer wire. One of the forums says to connect it to the illumination wire of the climate control. Not a big deal but at night that screen can be a little bright.
Came across this on the Ridgeline forum. Have you seen this or tried this to fix the dimming? Also saw reference to connecting the orange illumination wire from HU to pin 3 in the unused connector for CD player...since this was on Ridgeline forum , not sure it applies to PP

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Came across this on the Ridgeline forum. Have you seen this or tried this to fix the dimming? Also saw reference to connecting the orange illumination wire from HU to pin 3 in the unused connector for CD player...since this was on Ridgeline forum , not sure it applies to PP
I don't know about the CD player since mine doesn't have it. Can you post the ridgeline link I would like to check it out?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know about the CD player since mine doesn't have it. Can you post the ridgeline link I would like to check it out?
Looks like an empty connection perhaps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks like an empty connection perhaps

Found this video and the plug is on the climate control wiring harness. I'm going to check out that link but its down for maintenance now.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts