Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 145 Posts
Has anyone tried or know if it's possible to upgrade the sport edition's audio with the EX-L infotainment 8"? I know I'd have to get a few other parts like the center dash assembly. It's expensive but might be worth it, especially with no aftermarket options available at this time.

Has anyone tried or know if it's possible to upgrade the sport edition's audio with the EX-L infotainment 8"? I know I'd have to get a few other parts like the center dash assembly. It's expensive but might be worth it, especially with no aftermarket options available at this time.
Honda told me it won't actually fit and that the wiring harness has a different connector, meaning they aren't really compatible without major modifications

Once I heard the 540w Stereo, that made my decision much easier!

Yes its sad. If the Sport replaced the LX and EX, why not give it the better of the two.
Not every one wants leather, but Passport buyers want the 8"screen with Apple car play, and Android
Auto. So in Other words, This so called Sport/LX trim. Has the 20" wheels, the so called upgraded
9 speed, fog lights, and yet it has the little B.S. 5" screen, and no power front driver seat.
Honda! Really? It's 2019! This is your new Passport! What a bad combination!!!!!
Please, Give the people what they want, like you do for the Pilot.
Fix this for 2020, treat the Sport like an EX. 18" wheels on the lower trims. Remember, it's a Passport,
not an LX Pilot. And lose those non matching LX black mirrors. Come out with a Black Edition instead.
Sorry, but I bought the Sport model because it DID NOT have that ugly, fingerprinted, dust collectiing, light reflecting POC radio in it! You are right on treating the Sport like the higher trims....I wanted heated seats, and ANYTHING but 20" black wheels also but I was willing to pay less (which is good), I had a choice (which is good) and I compromised so I wouldn't have to look at that awful glare of that awful screen. Love my small quiet screen. :):coffee:

When it comes to sound systems (as well as wheels and tires) the aftermarket is HUGE. I don't think a manufacturer can be criticized for not providing everything every buyer might want (or may want in the future) in every model and in every color they sell. I think the base Passport is well-equipped at a reasonable price.

Case in point, the current issue of Classic Motorsports has an article on installing a state-of-the art GPS/infotainment system into a classic 911's dash, replacing the existing radio.

IMHO, if a buyer is unable or unwilling to move up to the next trim level to get the features they want, perhaps they should be looking at a different vehicle with a lower base MSRP.

YMMV.
Love my Sport model Passport! Still mad at it costing more that a pilot! ...and I would have loved if they kept 18" silver wheels also. At least they let me keep my simple little radio system they fixed that god awful window antenna with a fin!!(y)

I found this thread numerous times while looking into replacing the head unit on my 2019 Honda Passport Sport. I bought the Sport because I thought the head unit would be replaceable.
I wanted to let everyone know that this Metra kit absolutely works in the Sport. Metra and Crutchfield both say it doesn't. (Crutchfield says it because that is what Metra tells them)
I bought it anyway to try it and it worked perfectly.
This is the gloss black one on Crutchfield:
Metra-95-7811HG-Dash-Kit-Gloss-Black
Metra 95-7811HG
I can't post links because its my first post.

I bought this one because it is matte black.
Metra 95-7811B
Search for it on Amazon. Ignore the 1 star review. If you read it, the derp wrote it on the wrong item.
Again, this is probably only the Sport model.

I found this thread numerous times while looking into replacing the head unit on my 2019 Honda Passport Sport. I bought the Sport because I thought the head unit would be replaceable.
I wanted to let everyone know that this Metra kit absolutely works in the Sport. Metra and Crutchfield both say it doesn't. (Crutchfield says it because that is what Metra tells them)
Metra 95-7811HG

Metra 95-7811B
Search for it on Amazon. Ignore the 1 star review. If you read it, the derp wrote it on the wrong item.
Nice! What head unit did you put in? Any pics?

Honda's best sellers for the Pilots are the EX and EX-L trims.
They should treat the Passport the same way. Dump the LX and Sport.
Get rid of all that black, and make a Black Edition instead.
Its a fact that most people here don't want all that Black.
But yet if you want black interior on an EX Pilot, your only option is to get it in White.
Very odd!!!!!
That is true. I chose the Touring over the Elite, yes to save 2k for items I really don't care about, but mostly because I didn't care for the black rims.

Metra 95-7811HG

Metra 95-7811B
The kit works on my 2019 Passport, just the steering wheel controls didn’t work, did it work for you? If it did, do you know what controller you used?

Metra 95-7811HG

Metra 95-7811B
Hi, I just bought Sport Trim, and looking to upgrade 5" display as well. Could you pls tell what display have you selected, does rear camera turns on and works in reverse, and if it maintains yellow lines outlining car size?
Thank you!

Has anyone upgraded and installed a new radio on their passport sport ? And do you have pictures ? Also does the system running work with the steering wheel ?
Yes I installed a Pioneer 2550NEX
Pioneer AVH-2550NEX 7-Inch AV Receiver w/CarPlay and AndroidAuto

Antenna Adapter:
Metra 40-HD11 2009-Up Honda Antenna Adapter Cable
Backup Camera Adapter:
Metra AXHON24RVC6V Electronics Ax-hon24rvc-6v Honda (Without Touchscreen) 2015-up

Steering Wheel Adapter:
Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface

Harness:
Metra 70-1729 Radio Wiring Harness for Honda 2008-Up

Dash Kit:
Metra 95-7811B Matte Black Double DIN Stereo Dash Kit for 2016-up Honda Pilot
(I like the matte)

I bought this dash kit while Crutchfield and Metra reps wee actually telling me it wouldn't work, but it looks so much the same it was worth paying $20 (it was cheap on Amazon) to try it out. It worked perfectly.
Instead of hooking my backup camera up to the reverse, I put a switch on the wire. I kind of prefer that. I can turn it on to look back at my trailer any time.
The backup camera

I don't have any pics but I'll tell you that it is a pretty easy install. One thing I really like is that I didn't have to bolt the dash kit back in, so I can pull it out easily any time I might need to get in there.
Hoping to be able to install my own deck in this Passport was a good bit of the reason I bought the Sport. Not a lot of vehicles left that will take a regular double DIN and still look right.

just purchased a sport can you upload a pic of the installed unit please
Yes I installed a Pioneer 2550NEX
Pioneer AVH-2550NEX 7-Inch AV Receiver w/CarPlay and AndroidAuto

Antenna Adapter:
Metra 40-HD11 2009-Up Honda Antenna Adapter Cable
Backup Camera Adapter:
Metra AXHON24RVC6V Electronics Ax-hon24rvc-6v Honda (Without Touchscreen) 2015-up

Steering Wheel Adapter:
Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface

Harness:
Metra 70-1729 Radio Wiring Harness for Honda 2008-Up

Dash Kit:
Metra 95-7811B Matte Black Double DIN Stereo Dash Kit for 2016-up Honda Pilot
(I like the matte)

I bought this dash kit while Crutchfield and Metra reps wee actually telling me it wouldn't work, but it looks so much the same it was worth paying $20 (it was cheap on Amazon) to try it out. It worked perfectly.
Instead of hooking my backup camera up to the reverse, I put a switch on the wire. I kind of prefer that. I can turn it on to look back at my trailer any time.
The backup camera

I don't have any pics but I'll tell you that it is a pretty easy install. One thing I really like is that I didn't have to bolt the dash kit back in, so I can pull it out easily any time I might need to get in there.
Hoping to be able to install my own deck in this Passport was a good bit of the reason I bought the Sport. Not a lot of vehicles left that will take a regular double DIN and still look right.

21 - 40 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.