Honda Passport Forum banner

201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Sounds very cool niku_soni, any pictures or link to pictures of the wheels?

And please do keep us updated once they are mounted and driving...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds very cool niku_soni, any pictures or link to pictures of the wheels?

And please do keep us updated once they are mounted and driving...
w_673.jpg

This is the exact wheel made by RWC for Honda. So instead of RWC logo in the center, it'll be Honda logo. The model is listed as RWC HO950. It is not anywhere near to what I like from Black Rhino. However, I wanted to keep it in budget and so went for these ones.

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Those look great! I have not heard of RWC (will go do a search) do you mind saying what they cost each?

I am really liking the Black Rhinos: York and Warlord, which Black Rhino did you like?

OH, just saw RWC and "you" are in Canada, so they might be more down here, I live about 5 miles from Black Rhino and may try to stop by on Friday...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those look great! I have not heard of RWC (will go do a search) do you mind saying what they cost each?

I am really liking the Black Rhinos: York and Warlord, which Black Rhino did you like?

OH, just saw RWC and "you" are in Canada, so they might be more down here, I live about 5 miles from Black Rhino and may try to stop by on Friday...
Tbh, for Terra Grappler G2, I paid CAD $262 per tire and for wheels it is CAD $167 each. I also purchased TPMS for new wheels for CAD $49 each.

Black Rhino Barstow as well as Yorks I checked are selling here for about CAD $377 each.

·
Registered
19 Posts

After looking online, I liked Warlord even more than Barstow. They sell here for CAD $363.77 each and are currently out of stock.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice^^^^^

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve seen a lot of those RWCs around here on ridgelines. It’s how i got my oem ridge wheels :cool:
At this time they are the most affordable ones I can get :D.....

Any comments on my tire selection and size? Nitto Terra Grappler G2 - 265/60R18

·
Read Only
160 Posts
Yeah, I knew that, I was not sure if having wheels with different offset (from stock) would hit when the steering was was cranked all the way to one side or the other, any thoughts on that?

Also, in looking at Wheels, I see their Load ratings all over the place, some as low as 1700lbs and some up to 2700lbs, anyone have any idea on what the stock wheels were rated at or how did you decide?

thanks!
With lower offset rims they’ll stick out farther and be more likely to rub the outer fender trim under full lock or compression. It would most likely be at the front or back of the fender rather than the top. No lift kit will help that. But it seems like theres a lot of room in the fenders. I always warn people in the snowbelt to consider ice buildup too. Or mud/I had oversized snow tires on a subaru a few years ago and they were fine dry but once ice started building up it was problematic and i had to clear them out all the time. Thats why im sticking to 255/60/18 and 265/50/20.

Load rating only really matters if you’re towing, and generally only big time towing. PP can only tow 5000 lbs so it really doesnt matter. Load ratings are spec’d to the wheel size, which is generally specd to the vehicle or over specd. So its really not something to over analyze. A good tire shop wont install insufficient tires on a car and its better to leave the oem tire sticker than to replace it so the shop knows your OEM spec. The variance between 17-20 on a PP is so minimal anyway. Honda themselves put that 18s and 20s on this platform so my advice is to just shop for ridgeline tires if you go with 18s. Then the calculators will all be accurate to what works best.

·
Read Only
160 Posts
At this time they are the most affordable ones I can get :D.....

Any comments on my tire selection and size? Nitto Terra Grappler G2 - 265/60R18
Might rub depending on wheel offset. I went with 255/60/18 to be safe. They look quite aggressive anyway.

·
Read Only
160 Posts
With lower offset rims they’ll stick out farther and be more likely to rub the outer fender trim under full lock or compression. It would most likely be at the front or back of the fender rather than the top. No lift kit will help that. But it seems like theres a lot of room in the fenders. I always warn people in the snowbelt to consider ice buildup too. Or mud/I had oversized snow tires on a subaru a few years ago and they were fine dry but once ice started building up it was problematic and i had to clear them out all the time. Thats why im sticking to 255/60/18 and 265/50/20.

Load rating only really matters if you’re towing, and generally only big time towing. PP can only tow 5000 lbs so it really doesnt matter. Load ratings are spec’d to the wheel size, which is generally specd to the vehicle or over specd. So its really not something to over analyze. A good tire shop wont install insufficient tires on a car and its better to leave the oem tire sticker than to replace it so the shop knows your OEM spec. The variance between 17-20 on a PP is so minimal anyway. Honda themselves put that 18s and 20s on this platform so my advice is to just shop for ridgeline tires if you go with 18s. Then the calculators will all be accurate to what works best.
I’ll also just add that for piece of mind and simplicity all you really need to do is match or beat the OEM load rating and max load per tire. For example when I bought my Blizzaks, I confirmed they are 112 load rating and 2500 lb max weight, both of which smoke the oem rating. The extra ratio on my 255/60/18s put them into bridgestone’s XL category, which increased those ratings. Any LT rated tire will be more than sufficient for a PP as well.
So basically noone needs to worry about the damn sticker. A good tire shop will warn you if you’re doing something stupid. The only real concern is that a lot of AT tires have lower speed ratings than OE and may be a little unpredictable on curves at 75mph+. Thats pretty standard though and noone buys AT tires to drive flatout around curves.

·
Read Only
160 Posts
Finally, wheels are much the same. A wheel marketed for trucks will be strong enough for a PP. Bolt pattern, offset, and size generally correlate to the vehicle. Manufacturers arent going to drill out bigger bolt patterns on weak wheels. The system is fairly idiot proof. The simplest way to upgrade is to just search for ridgeline spec.

·
Read Only
160 Posts
Offset for my new wheel is +45 mm.
Might be okay but you’re pushing it. Also consider snow buildup in the fenders. Looks like youre Canadian. It can be problematic if you squeeze too big of tires in there. You need room for it to clear out and leaving not much room makes it build up way faster. The big chunk of ice will just bounce around between your fender and tire with nowhere to go. Same goes for mud/rocks/gravel. I’d go down a size unless youre going AT strictly for looks and you only drive on dry asphalt, which the majority on this forum do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Might be okay but you’re pushing it. Also consider snow buildup in the fenders. Looks like youre Canadian. It can be problematic if you squeeze too big of tires in there. You need room for it to clear out and leaving not much room makes it build up way faster. The big chunk of ice will just bounce around between your fender and tire with nowhere to go. Same goes for mud/rocks/gravel. I’d go down a size unless youre going AT strictly for looks and you only drive on dry asphalt, which the majority on this forum do.
So much of valuable information I receive from you guys. I really appreciate that.

I stopped by my Honda dealership today after reading through recommendations here. My advisor at dealership confirmed that they will install set of tires and see if anything could potentially go wrong such as rubbing. And if so, he said he'll return those and get me a different size.

The problem is terra grappler g2 are not available in 255/60R18. They have terra grapplers for this size but not G2s. So if I have to change my setup then I'll go either with Terra Grappler or General Grabber AT2 or Toyo since they are available in the size that would fit for sure.

Yes I am in Canada and the weather here gets real serious in winters :D

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
"Yes I am in Canada and the weather here gets real serious in winters"

Southeast USA also has some serious fall weather - and better tires are of little help:

·
Read Only
160 Posts
There’s 255/60/18 grapplers on kmcs. Compare to my blizzaks in the same size and note the ice buildup and gaps. Thats what I’m talking about.

Had 18" KMC 708 Bully wheels and NItto Terra Grappler 255/60r18 tires installed this week. The tire shop only had the chrome lug nuts, so will probably end up swapping them for black soon. Otherwise, happy with the new look!

View attachment 2113
View attachment 2117 View attachment 2119

201 - 220 of 260 Posts