Honda Passport Forum banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
22-29 highway/local with cross bars & No Roof Basket. ( no noise tbh from cross bars) mostly i get 24.7 but with steady long drives i can get 29.
18-24 highway/local with cross bars & Roof Basket. ( noisy af ) mostly be on 20s but i can get 24 if no real windy outside.

2019 touring 2wd 7200 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2020 Elite with 2300 miles ... not driving in ECO, I am getting 12 city, and 18 combined. The city number has recently declined a bit, and it's been pretty cold in NW Illinois. Is that part of the issue?

·
Registered
401 Posts
now as the temperature has gone up, so has my mileage the last three times I went any where it has averaged over 28 mpg and it only has less than 8000 miles on it. The best part I was only on a 4 lane for 7 miles one time the rest were 2 lane......

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ambient temperature has a direct correlation with engine performance and economy. Most naturally aspirated multi-cylinder engines do get improved fuel efficiency in warmer months, however, the savings are mostly offset by the use of the airconditioning system.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ambient temperature has a direct correlation with engine performance and economy. Most naturally aspirated multi-cylinder engines do get improved fuel efficiency in warmer months, however, the savings are mostly offset by the use of the airconditioning system.

that maybe true on the AC. just maybe they need to power it with an electric motor so it will keep working when the engine shuts down when you are at a light....

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport EX-L
12 Posts
I am just about 1,500 miles into ownership on my Passport. It is quite noticeable how much difference a light foot and Eco mode makes. My mixed commute is 25.5-26 mpg on a 45 mile round trip vs 21-22 if I take Eco off and keep up with everyone rushing to work. I personally don't mind keeping it in Eco. On the random light I will switch it to Sport and Sand Mode, and give it the beans. Just for fun lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
I never saw a lot of, if any difference ECO if you learn to work the throttle yourself.... you can do a lot better yourself than with CC., ACC. is totally out of the question....

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport EX-L
12 Posts
I never saw a lot of, if any difference ECO if you learn to work the throttle yourself.... you can do a lot better yourself than with CC., ACC. is totally out of the question....
Ya, I think I am going to give that a shot here soon just to see how it goes. I came from a dinky little Corolla with 132hp, so my foot is still getting used to the pickup in a V6 lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had mine for 5 days and 100 miles today - haven't checked because my Jeep only got 9-10mpg. City driving only. if this is near double I am good.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My mileage is going even more 5 trips to the Honda dealer it is up to 32.2 on the route. Maybe I should leave the emissions broke.... LMAO

·
Registered
923 Posts
My mileage is going even more 5 trips to the Honda dealer it is up to 32.2 on the route. Maybe I should leave the emissions broke.... LMAO
Johara1, your 32.2 mpg is impressive and I don't recall reading of such a high number as yours here on the forum.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It maybe like my 2017 CRV, super milage and heat and no problems except ACC. then they forced me to have the TSB's done or loose my warranty then it all went south. I hope this doesn't happen with the Passport when and if they get the emissions fixed....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the mileage sucks on our '19 Passport EX-L AWD. About 9500 miles on it now. Took a trip today to visit a university with my kids. Almost entirely highway driving (mostly 65-80 mph) for 155 miles each way. 22.6 MPG going and 24.7 MPG on the return (wind was a little worse on way down...but perfectly clear and dry day). Just 4 people inside, no luggage, no rack on top. This should be well broken in by now at 21 months and that mileage, right?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Santa Cruz to Tomales Bay and back, over 280 miles and 24.2 MPG! Mostly country roads and freeways. Speeds either 45-55 on back roads or 62-68, occasionally up to 72 on freeways (no causing at 70 or 80 all the way, too much traffic) so speed likely helped out here.

I have JSport lift, Terra Grappler tires on 18" wheels. No roof rack on right now. 2 people in car as well as full sized spare in back (no donut) so I'm pretty happy with these results.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I’ve had my Passport AWD for 5 days and am averaging 18mpg in mixed driving. A little lower than expected. Is this the norm amongst Passport owners ?
If your PP is a new vehicle, give the engine time to 'settle in'. I have 17k on my April '19 PP and am getting 23+ mpg routinely.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts