Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
So many comments regarding CMBS sensitivity . . . check/adjust your vehicle settings to (hopefully) reduce those BRAKE warnings.

On models with Display Audio (2019, 2020 EX-L, Touring, Elite trims; and ALL 2021 trims):
  • Engine on, transmission in park
  • Using Display Audio Infotainment Center:
    • Select Home
    • Select Settings
    • Select Vehicle
    • Select Driver Assist System Setup
    • Select Forward Collision Warning Distance
      • Options available are Long, Normal, Short. Factory setting is Normal.
      • Select Short. Short will background highlight BLUE. Then Select Save (Don't forget to Save or it won't retain this setting)
  • Select Home to exit
My vehicle has this setting, and I seldom receive those BRAKE warnings.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The only time I get them is going around a curve, usually a two lane road, and a vehicle is in the other lane in front of me or when I have drifted a bit too far right in my lane and have pointed the vehicle to the left to get back in my lane and again there is an oncoming vehicle in the other lane.

We have just over the last few years become bike conscious and our newer roads are wider than they used to be to accommodate bike riders.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So many comments regarding CMBS sensitivity . . . check/adjust your vehicle settings to (hopefully) reduce those BRAKE warnings.

On models with Display Audio (2019, 2020 EX-L, Touring, Elite trims; and ALL 2021 trims):
    • Select Home
    • Select Settings
    • Select Vehicle
      • Select Short. Short will background highlight BLUE. Then Select Save (Don't forget to Save or it won't retain this setting)
  • Select Home to exit
Thank you for sure with those that are unaware of this setting, however I have mine set to “short” and BRAKE still warns all the time. It’s a major distraction while driving. I go back to the dealership (again) on 7/2, so they can “fix” this issue. Really hoping Honda address this…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you for sure with those that are unaware of this setting, however I have mine set to “short” and BRAKE still warns all the time. It’s a major distraction while driving. I go back to the dealership (again) on 7/2, so they can “fix” this issue. Really hoping Honda address this…
So I just got my passport back from Honda for this issue and they said that the camera is in the top of window but the sensor is in the front H emblem on front of the grill and that sometimes the bracket that’s holding the sensor in the emblem breaks off! after him telling me that I believe that’s exactly what happened to mine and that’s why it was picking up all different senses to break and the wheel shaking so far it’s seems to be fixed.
he also realigned everything

·
Registered
401 Posts

• Select Home
    • Select Settings
    • Select Vehicle
  • Select Home to exit
I did what you said and so far so good.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took my 21 Passport to the dealership for a second time addressing Honda Sensing. They recalibrated (again). It’s not perfect, but much better now. My expectations were low, so glad I’m receiving way fewer “Brake!” warnings.

Hoping they improved safety assist features once the Passport and Pilot get redesigned. Honda must address Honda Sensing in the near future though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have to say I only had one false brake warning since I changed to the short setting....... what an improvement

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have to say I only had one false brake warning since I changed to the short setting....... what an improvement
Yeah, I’m always set to short and still had a lot of problems. Hopefully this recalibration addressed the issue.
It’s funny - I told the service advisor that Honda Sensing is junk. He laughed and just said you’re not lying.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes, they know it's junk, a few work as intended but for the most part they get paid for something that doesn't perform and can say they have it. It is embarrassing to use ACC with people in the PP. and have them ask why I don't use high beams at night....

·
Registered
207 Posts
It is embarrassing to use ACC with people in the PP. and have them ask why I don't use high beams at night....
I'm not defending the sensing package as I have some issues with it as well, but both cruise control and high beams have fully manual modes. Have you tried them? I'd never not use my high beams due to appearances as I consider their use required for safety in many areas.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm not defending the sensing package as I have some issues with it as well, but both cruise control and high beams have fully manual modes. Have you tried them? I'd never not use my high beams due to appearances as I consider their use required for safety in many areas.
Give me my money back that I paid for them and admit they don't work as advertised and I would be happy. Yes I use CC. because ACC doesn't work the same with Hi beams.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
The collision system is a piece of garbage on an otherwise good vehicle.
I realize this is an old comment, but the collision avoidance system on my vehicle saved my bacon when an idiot driver slammed their brakes on in front of me while I was looking to my right for my turn off at low speeds. If it hadn't been for the car slamming on the brakes my insurance would be double right about now and my car would be worth a bunch less.

That said, it does give a lot of false warnings. Thankfully it doesn't just hit the brakes every time that orange light comes on!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts