Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Lunar Silver EXL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get the orange BRAKE! on their center display often, even under “normal” driving conditions? I’ve noticed when rounding a curve and a car is coming the other way ... almost as if it things I’m heading straight into oncoming traffic. Also during a particularly rainy day it seems to overtrigger a bunch.

Luckily it doesn’t actually apply any brakes - but concerning nonetheless. I’ve had two other vehicles with this system (‘19 Cherokee and ‘19 Tacoma) and they never triggered a false warning like that.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
100 Posts
Agreed! It does seem a bit sensitive with the false-positives, especially on curves. If it actually braked each time I think we'd all be storming American Honda's HQ by now, lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
The collision system is a piece of garbage on an otherwise good vehicle. I've made the habit to disable the collision avoidance as it is much more dangerous and distracting on than off. False triggers constantly, and if you ever drive in heavy city traffic it will go off constantly as people are moving around normally changing lanes, etc. I have had a couple false brake checks caused by the system, one for a car departing the roadway on a right turn way ahead (plenty of room at that speed) and one for a road sign on a roundabout. Really awful all around.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD Blue
94 Posts
Turn of the collision avoidance system or turn down the sensitivity of the auto braking. It's a popular opinion that these systems lack refinement and/or can be outright dangerous in some situations. I would have been ok if Honda had left it off the Passport - not necessary at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Normal, same on the Pilot and Ridgeline for several years. I rather have it too sensitive, and put up with the occasional fault detection, than not sensitive enough and not work in time. At least you know its working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mines super sensitive too and actually slammed on the brakes while I was on the interstate with no other cars around and scared the crap out of me and my bestie. Ugh. Thankfully thats the only time its done the braking. The sensor goes off a ton though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone else get the orange BRAKE! on their center display often, even under “normal” driving conditions? I’ve noticed when rounding a curve and a car is coming the other way ... almost as if it things I’m heading straight into oncoming traffic. Also during a particularly rainy day it seems to overtrigger a bunch.

Luckily it doesn’t actually apply any brakes - but concerning nonetheless. I’ve had two other vehicles with this system (‘19 Cherokee and ‘19 Tacoma) and they never triggered a false warning like that.
Yep, me too. Sometimes I get brakes, too.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD Blue
94 Posts
Mines super sensitive too and actually slammed on the brakes while I was on the interstate with no other cars around and scared the crap out of me and my bestie. Ugh. Thankfully thats the only time its done the braking. The sensor goes off a ton though.
Never had this happen before - does not sound right at all. I have the sensitivity of mine turned down to the lowest setting though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
This morning was the last straw ..... with only about a 1or 2 of snow on the road this morning at 0615 I had the a scare when an oncoming car set off the CMBS and it slammed the brakes on and threw me into a skid. Honda sensing is flat ass dangerous .......

·
Registered
213 Posts
I take it there is no way to shut it off ?

I noticed mine was activated today while approaching one those white painted 6’x2’ rectangles at some stop signs, I believe the system noticed it as a vehicle/obstacle.

·
Registered
2020 Lunar Silver EXL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I take it there is no way to shut it off ?

I noticed mine was activated today while approaching one those white painted 6’x2’ rectangles at some stop signs, I believe the system noticed it as a vehicle/obstacle.
There is - just hold down the front collision button to the left side of the steering wheel until it turns off.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is - just hold down the front collision button to the left side of the steering wheel until it turns off.
Sweet thank you. I’ve found it much easier and less stressful for this non-tech savvy person to just any questions I have on this forum then thumbing thru that bible of an owners manual, the last thing I need is a full lock up on snow

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sweet thank you. I’ve found it much easier and less stressful for this non-tech savvy person to just any questions I have on this forum then thumbing thru that bible of an owners manual, the last thing I need is a full lock up on snow
No you don't, ask me how I know. Best turn the Honda senseless off and drive it, not a bad car then.... You paid a lot for less, just so they can say they have it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This morning was the last straw ..... with only about a 1or 2 of snow on the road this morning at 0615 I had the a scare when an oncoming car set off the CMBS and it slammed the brakes on and threw me into a skid. Honda sensing is flat ass dangerous .......
Agreed mine is at Honda for this exact same thing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts