Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you. didnt take me long to get that deal since i have to replace my totaled civic, and i started at it last night.. most want 37k before taxes. my only thing ill fight for is discounting the doc fees, which is 4800 in va, down to $500 like they do in MD.

im looking at the wireless charging simply as a secondary one without cables. i tend to break them or my charge port lol.
for an approx $41,480 MSRP PP?

$35,177 + $300 (is $300 difference between $800 doc fee & what you think is ok, $500) still seems a heck of a deal to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry doc fee is $800 in VA, md caps it at $499. to me its the principle. lol.
yea but if it's that good of a deal & you def want the PP - I have had situations with Honda where the month rolls over & the deal legitimately gets worse.

$ beats principle in some situations.. LOL. Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
yea but if it's that good of a deal & you def want the PP - I have had situations with Honda where the month rolls over & the deal legitimately gets worse.

$ beats principle in some situations.. LOL. Good luck!

the problem is: im waiting on my insurance to tell me how much $$. im thinking 9-12k. and financing. my credit isnt the best so...

·
Registered
41 Posts
so far no local dealers touching this price. waiting on my bank and insurance now. hope by weekend im a new pp owner

·
Registered
41 Posts
ok guys! so far OTD, with heated steering and QI wireless charging: $39,991. i think theres one dealer willing to do $500 less. be buying this weekend as i got my loan approved.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Folks! After an extensive search in the DMV area, ive decided this one dealer has what I want for a touring add. Wanted black on black, but I'll go black bronze!

Every dealer local cant even match the 39.9k OTD snd 2 years maintenance.

Locals dm me for my sales person.

I'll post pics when I buy it, likely this weekend pre snowstorm and post my bday!

Deep down I feel my mom(who helped me buy my 10th gen civic hatchback) blessed me towards this. Everything has a reason.

Thank you forums.!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy everyone,
Just bought a Modern Steel 2021 Touring AWD, with grey seats.
$40,595 out the door.

price of vehicle: $37,050*
processing fee (VA): $899
sales tax (MD): $2,276
title/lien fees: $120
new tags: $187
dealer's business license tax: $63
registration (MD): complimentary
Grand Total Paid: $40,595

*down from $42,855 sticker price ($41,680 MSRP + $1,175 Destination & Handling)

Used TrueCar.com and various dealers in my area/region emailed me offers.
I confirmed their commitment to that offer via email before going to the dealership.
It's worth considering buying in another state.
But beware processing fees can vary wildly.

This Passport is fun to drive; it's my new toy.

Not even jealous of the Ferrari drive by... :LOL:

Honda Passport OTD Small.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Howdy everyone,
Just bought a Modern Steel 2021 Touring AWD, with grey seats.
$40,595 out the door.

price of vehicle: $37,050*
processing fee (VA): $899
sales tax (MD): $2,276
title/lien fees: $120
new tags: $187
dealer's business license tax: $63
registration (MD): complimentary
Grand Total Paid: $40,595

*down from $42,855 sticker price ($41,680 MSRP + $1,175 Destination & Handling)

Used TrueCar.com and various dealers in my area/region emailed me offers.
I confirmed their commitment to that offer via email before going to the dealership.
It's worth considering buying in another state.
But beware processing fees can vary wildly.

This Passport is fun to drive; it's my new toy.

Not even jealous of the Ferrari drive by... :LOL:

View attachment 9357

nice. what dealer did you buy from? i used truecar and edmunds and simply emailed various dealers across MD and VA, but noone would touch my deal. Honda of chantilly matched my great price and beat it by hundred.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a reminder to consider asking for the Costco price. I actually bought my PP last summer, but the dealer initially said they would not go lower than the $44,900 MSRP on an Elite in modern steel metallic. I then asked for the Costco price and was quoted $40,7226 plus TTL. I took it. It’s not a bad option if you hate negotiating or don’t have time on your side.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had mixed results with the Costco Auto Buy program. I purchased two Ford trucks (separately) and couldn't find a better deal than the Costco program, yet with the PP we negotiated a better price on our own by about $1500. It ended up being somewhat of a trigger to move on the deal we had in front of us, reinforcing that we were getting a good discount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a reminder to consider asking for the Costco price. I actually bought my PP last summer, but the dealer initially said they would not go lower than the $44,900 MSRP on an Elite in modern steel metallic. I then asked for the Costco price and was quoted $40,7226 plus TTL. I took it. It’s not a bad option if you hate negotiating or don’t have time on your side.
I'm in Massachusetts and decided to see what the Costco price would come up as. So far they are showing a Passport Elite at $45,750 MSRP with an adjusted price of $40,500 with the Costco discount. Going to see if there's any wiggle room, but they are pushing for me to go to the showroom at this point. Hoping there aren't any BS fees outside of the expected ones.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in Massachusetts and decided to see what the Costco price would come up as. So far they are showing a Passport Elite at $45,750 MSRP with an adjusted price of $40,500 with the Costco discount. Going to see if there's any wiggle room, but they are pushing for me to go to the showroom at this point. Hoping there aren't any BS fees outside of the expected ones.
I had no BS fees associated with the purchase itself. In fact, they even discounted an additional $1,000 off the Costco price through Honda’s program for healthcare workers that we qualified for. Then it was just normal TTL here in Cali. However, I financed part of the purchase and the finance guy gave me the hardest sell I’ve ever experienced. No exaggeration, his first service contract/warranty offer was over $6,000! After patiently and respectfully declining all of his subsequent warranty and service offers no less than a dozen times, I finally told him I was feeling harassed, I was about to scrub the deal, and sitting in front of him had turned this purchase into a miserable experience. He ripped the forms off the printer, had me sign, and then ushered me out of his office. The best part was walking by his manager’s office about 10 minutes later and overhearing him griping about me not buying an extras. Oh well, I laugh about it now. Best of luck to you on getting a great deal and avoiding the finance interrogation!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had no BS fees associated with the purchase itself. In fact, they even discounted an additional $1,000 off the Costco price through Honda’s program for healthcare workers that we qualified for. Then it was just normal TTL here in Cali. However, I financed part of the purchase and the finance guy gave me the hardest sell I’ve ever experienced. No exaggeration, his first service contract/warranty offer was over $6,000! After patiently and respectfully declining all of his subsequent warranty and service offers no less than a dozen times, I finally told him I was feeling harassed, I was about to scrub the deal, and sitting in front of him had turned this purchase into a miserable experience. He ripped the forms off the printer, had me sign, and then ushered me out of his office. The best part was walking by his manager’s office about 10 minutes later and overhearing him griping about me not buying an extras. Oh well, I laugh about it now. Best of luck to you on getting a great deal and avoiding the finance interrogation!
The Costco priced dealership only had one model and we weren't a fan of the color combo, so we asked the dealership where we initially test drove the Passport if they could match or beat the price. They had the color combo we wanted and gave what I consider to be a fair price for the PPE along my older high mileage trade in. It was a no-nonsense transaction that I'm very pleased with. I bet I could have worked another $500 or potentially more off, but it would've required more time and effort than I thought was reasonable. After reading what you mentioned about the finance person pushing high priced warranties, when we went into the finance office I politely told him he should view this as a purchase to add to their volume totals and that I don't intend to buy anything extra. He graciously accepted the proposal and things were smooth from there.

• Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic / Black
  • AWD
  • Locking lug nuts and all weather mats (didn't request these, but I'll take it I guess)
  • $45,100 MSRP
    • $40,250 sale price (11.7% savings)
      • + $529 Doc/Title/Registration
      • + $2232 Sales tax
    • $43,011 out the door
  • Purchased in Massachusetts

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Costco priced dealership only had one model and we weren't a fan of the color combo, so we asked the dealership where we initially test drove the Passport if they could match or beat the price. They had the color combo we wanted and gave what I consider to be a fair price for the PPE along my older high mileage trade in. It was a no-nonsense transaction that I'm very pleased with. I bet I could have worked another $500 or potentially more off, but it would've required more time and effort than I thought was reasonable. After reading what you mentioned about the finance person pushing high priced warranties, when we went into the finance office I politely told him he should view this as a purchase to add to their volume totals and that I don't intend to buy anything extra. He graciously accepted the proposal and things were smooth from there.

• AWD
  • Locking lug nuts and all weather mats (didn't request these, but I'll take it I guess)
  • $45,100 MSRP
      • + $2232 Sales tax
    • $43,011 out the door
Congratulations. I think you did very well. Best wishes for many safe and enjoyable years in your new Passport!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy New Year to All...!
2021 Passport Elite (purchased Feb 13, 2021 in Doylestown, PA) via the Costco Auto Buying Program (you do not have to buy from the first/closest dealership they send you to if the employees there turn out to be a??h???s -
$41,415.35 (includes that large destination fee) + the following dealer installed accessories including installation charge where applicable:
$186.15 Cargo Cover
$135.15 Cargo Tray
$211.55 Side Welcome Lights
$764.15 Fender Flares
$271.15 Door Visors
$0 Mud Flaps that I did not ask for
$0 white pinstripe that I did not ask for
$1251.60 5000-lb rated tow package, installed, including the transmission cooler and moving the rear sensor + wheel locks (that I did not ask for) + color-matched door edge guards (which I did ask for)
$2214.25 96 month/100000 mile Automotive Preferred Car+Plus service contract which covers all non-consumable parts except the exhaust system and catalytic converter (not sure why they are excluded) and provides a rental car or loaner while the car is in the shop, reimburses manufacturer's warranty deductible and reimburses for hotel and meals if you are stranded while waiting for a repair - there is a dollar amt ceiling for rental car and hotel and meals per event.
$2756.97 Sales Tax
$502.47 Various Fees including the $394 documentary fee (for the sales guy to write up the sales order paper work)
$49,708.79 Total, whatever I financed through Honda Financing was at 0% interest for 48 months
The dealership from which I purchased the car, throws in 3 "free" oil changes (do not need to be consecutive) and free PA state inspections while I own the car.

The only accessory that I wished I had added was the seat back protectors. I believe someone on this forum mentioned there may be an alternative or work around for this accessory.

·
Registered
9 Posts

• AWD
  • $45,100 MSRP
      • + $2232 Sales tax
    • $43,011 out the door
The Costco dealership that I used got me the car color I wanted from about 100 miles away and added all my requested accessories for me and handed it over to me about 2 weeks after I signed the original purchase order. I am surprised your Costco dealership did not make that offer. In fact, if I wanted, I could have ordered my Honda Passport Elite directly from the factory exactly as I wanted it through the Costco Program if I was willing to wait 6 - 8 weeks to get the car instead of 2 weeks.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts