Honda Passport Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Thanks, gave it a good scrubbing after we got home.
Ummm, the level is about par for this time of year. We did have a lackluster runoff and Lake Powell and Mead are below 36% capacity.
Not looking too good down stream.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Cheers

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
When we pulled up, there was a guy walking up and down the bank of the river. We were setting up our chairs and he shouted his dogs name.
My wife asked if he lost his dog. He said yes. Evidently it saw a doe and a young fawn on the opposite shore in dove in after them.

He was quite worried because there is no way to drive to the other side and he hadn't seen his dog for some time. The river is wider than it appears in the photos.

My wife stuck her fingers in her mouth and whistled incredibly loud. I then honked the horn for a bit. Shortly thereafter, his dog appeared on the other side of the river.

After lots of calling, the dog tried swimming back across twice. He turned back both times.

Without the motivation offered by the deer, it didn't look like it was going to happen.

About a half an hour later, the dog jumped in swam all the way across.
A happy ending!

·
Registered
248 Posts
We are currently nearing the end of a 7 day, 1k+ total miles roadie vacation to Lake Tahoe (and I can't sleep here at 350am). We're headed towards home later this morning.

This is a recent sunrise (Gone 🎣!) over Caples Lake in CA. The lake sits at an elevation of 8,000 feet. It is located close to but well above Lake Tahoe. This lake is also near the currently raging Tamarack Fire.

It went from a mostly clear sky with a smoky smell tinge at the crack of dawn (my favorite time of day to trout fish) to being inundated by the fast moving forest fire smoke in mere minutes as the wind shifted. It got so bad so fast, I had to put on a (rarely used) face mask. I left soon after the last pic.
Sky Water Cloud Plant Tire
Cloud Sky Tire Plant Car
Water Cloud Sky Plant Natural environment
Water Sky Cloud Coastal and oceanic landforms Watercourse

SIDE NOTE: Driving (alone) in the PPE AWD while in Sport mode with paddle use mixed in on (paved) mountain roads doesn't suck. I had to quantify that I was alone to really enjoy it my way. 🏁 Let's just say if I had aftermarket 17" or 18" AT tires on instead of the stock 20's, I might be over the side of a mountain somewhere instead of here posting this run on drivel. ✌🏼

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
We are currently nearing the end of a 7 day, 1k+ total miles roadie vacation to Lake Tahoe (and I can't sleep here at 350am). We're headed towards home later this morning.

This is a recent sunrise (Gone 🎣!) over Caples Lake in CA. The lake sits at 8,000 feet elevation. It is located close to but well above Lake Tahoe. This lake is also near the currently raging Tamarack Fire.

From clear but smoky smelling at the crack of dawn (my favorite time of day to trout fish) to being inundated by the fast moving fire smoke in mere minutes as the wind shifted. View attachment 11941 View attachment 11943 View attachment 11944 View attachment 11946

Side note: Driving (alone) in the PPE AWD while in Sport mode with paddle use mixed in on mountain roads doesn't suck. I had to quantify that I was alone to really enjoy it my way. 🏁 Let's just say if I had aftermarket 17" or 18" AT tires on instead of the stock 20's, I might be in a ditch somewhere instead of here posting this run on drivel.
Amazing pics you took there.
Love it. Thanks 4 sharing.

Reactions: exOC_Kook

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,708 Posts
By the Colorado River today.
So we’ve seen the wide open land at each end of your street, is this your front or backyard? 🤣
Awesome photos MJ!

Reactions: Moab Junky

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So we’ve seen the wide open land at each end of your street, is this your front or backyard? 🤣
Awesome photos MJ!
Haha, you are too funny.
This is actually 6 miles downstream from our street, lol.

Thanks 4 the props!

Reactions: ProdGirl

·
Registered
2 Posts
First picture of my new 2021 Passport Sport AWD- Had it only a month, and it has already taken me to the North Carolina mountains, to Blue Ridge, Georgia, a Phish show in Alpharetta, and 2 Phish shows in Nashville. Slept in her 2 nights in Spruce Pine, North Carolina, quite comfortable! Many more adventures to come!

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,249 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of miles from Colorado, how many miles you got on it in a month?

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,249 Posts
Warlords?

Reactions: The_Big_Aristotle
41 - 59 of 59 Posts