Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
I had my PP up at 8,800 feet overnight and it was about 24 degrees in the morning and it started up fine (so did the heater!)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Last night I was parked at around 350 feet and it dropped down to the 60's.
Once we (my puppy and I) headed out for a Hardees biscuit I rolled all four windows down.

From Hardees (with a third cup of Joe) we headed over to the gun range. My pup doesn't like gunfire and hid on the floorboard.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
180 Posts
But one would think if you pack more energy drawing features into a vehicle, a larger battery would be installed. Makes too much sense.

·
Registered
180 Posts
All those "features" won't be running at the same time. Plus a larger battery weighs more = eating into the MPG numbers.
You’ve got a point there. But...when issues like this pop up and owners get ticked off, there’s a risk of losing loyal customers. It’s very hard and expensive to get a new customer. Trying to save $20 or so on a larger battery and losing repeat business is a stupid move IMHO. Not only that, word of mouth, bad reviews and lack of recommendation of the vehicle/brand is a real business killer. Bean counters suck!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have mixed emotions here; yes I'd always prefer a stronger battery - but I'm not an automotive electrical engineer. I ASSUME Honda knows their vehicles/ customers better than us. With that said Honda did replace the battery in my 2011 Ridgeline, back about 2014.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just purchased the transmission tool to put the PP in neutral on a dead battery/won’t start. Got it on eBay, and sent the seller a message that I thought it was overpriced at $149. I asked them to send me an offer for $100, which they did. Just received it in the mail today. Original Honda tool in sealed package. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Beachbum07 said:
..purchased the transmission tool to put the PP in neutral on a dead battery/won’t start. ..
Be sure to test it now that you have it. This ensures that it will actually work if situation arises and you will know how to both put it into neutral and how to disconnect it and transmission shifts back into park mode.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts