Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brake hold. Is when you push a button and move you leg off the brake. The system holds the car in place instead of your leg.

Driver seatbekt needs to be in and to release it, you need to put your foot back on the brak and push the button. And go.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree. I miss that when I had my 2020 Honda Accord.I perfer it over the Auto Stop feature.
I had the Brake Hold feature in my 2017 CRV and I loved it. Definitely better than the Auto Idle Stop feature. It was so nice to be able to relax your leg and just chill behind the wheel until it was time to give it gas and get going again. Guess Honda figured PP owners are all chomping at the bit to head for adventures to ever use Brake Hold lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats a feature I miss from 10th gen civic. Makes traffic better imo.
Yep. I had a 2018 CRV EXL. When I upgraded (?) to the Passport I lost Brake Hold, Crawl cruise control (great in traffic), Compass, tranny stick, comfortable seats, a collision avoidance system that didn't give false warnings, and a bigger target for parking lot a-holes to back into my car. Not a very good upgrade.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yep. I had a 2018 CRV EXL. When I upgraded (?) to the Passport I lost Brake Hold, Crawl cruise control (great in traffic), Compass, tranny stick, comfortable seats, a collision avoidance system that didn't give false warnings, and a bigger target for parking lot a-holes to back into my car. Not a very good upgrade.
Why didn't you just "upgrade" to 2021 CRV ?

·
Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
411 Posts
Yes! Was told it is because of the weight of the vehicle. But who knows…the sales person would have told me the car makes ice cream.
The Subaru Ascent has this feature and it is of a similar weight, I can't think of any vehicles right off hand but I would be very confident in saying that there are larger and heavier vehicles that have this feature as well without issue.

I would love for the passport to have not only this feature but an electronic parking brake as well, I have some certainty about the fact that those two features go hand in hand.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I would love for the passport to have not only this feature but an electronic parking brake as well, I have some certainty about the fact that those two features go hand in hand.
Spoken like a person that has never had an electronic parking brake fail. 😀

Personally I have no problem with a manual parking brake over an electronic parking brake since we had one that did fail in the parked position. Granted it doesn't happen very often at all, but that was one really expensive tow, trying to maneuver the vehicle out of where it was parked. They couldn't even dolly the vehicle until they got it pulled out some.

At least with a manual parking brake if the cable snaps there is usually some bit of cable that you can pull on to release the parking brake. I do wish however that Honda would put in handle operated parking brakes instead of foot operated parking brakes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes! Was told it is because of the weight of the vehicle. But who knows…the sales person would have told me the car makes ice cream.
The Odyssey weighs 400 lbs. more than the Passport and it has Brake Hold. :)

The real reason the Passport (and Ridgeline and Pilot) lack Brake Hold is because they don't have an Electric Parking Brake.

An EPB is necessary so that it can automatically engage to keep the vehicle from moving unexpectedly once BH times out after 10 minutes or if something goes wrong.

These three models also lack the Low-Speed Follow function of the Adaptive Cruise Control because the VSA modulators they use are too noisy and not capable of the fine control required to bring the vehicle to a smooth stop.

Expect the next generations of Passport, Ridgeline, and Pilot to add BH, LSF, and an Electric Brake Booster. EBB's have been replacing vacuum-based brake boosters as models are redesigned. One of the advantages of EBB's is that brake feel can be manipulated through software. Currently, the Civic, Accord, CR-V, and Odyssey use EBB's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.