Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,664 Posts
Mine also works on my iPhone 8S and I’ve got an Otterbox case on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
has anyone had a problem with their wireless chargers just blinking green, and not actually charging the phone? Any solutions?
My phone (as with many others!) would start to charge and then (5ish seconds later - yes, I "timed" it) would "disconnect", ending the charging session. It took a while (and time chasing a false narrative about it being a possible setting on the phone) before arriving at what now has me charging without issue(s). The answer is/was (for me) placement on the charging surface . . . yuppers, it was that "simple". Both my phone (Galaxy S8) and my wife's phone (Galaxy S6) were experiencing the 5ish second charge before stopping. We now "simply" place the phone on the charging pad with the top closest to the driver and (the most important) two "ribs" up from the bottom of the charging pad . . . by "ribs" I am referring to the alternating (light, dark) horizontal lines on the charging pad. With the first two "ribs" / lines visible and the phone lying above those two "ribs" / lines, we are now consistently charging our phones using the wireless charging pad in our Passport!

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having difficulty wireless charging as well. I've tried all different placements with no luck. Using a Galaxy Note 10 with no luck. Has anyone figured this out yet? Apart from carefull placement of phone? I am considering taking it to Honda but I am sure they are going to give me the same excuse everyone everywhere uses, incompatibility issues.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
I am having difficulty wireless charging as well. I've tried all different placements with no luck. Using a Galaxy Note 10 with no luck. Has anyone figured this out yet? Apart from carefull placement of phone? I am considering taking it to Honda but I am sure they are going to give me the same excuse everyone everywhere uses, incompatibility issues.
In order to charge my Note 10+ it needs to be placed well to the left - where it completely hides the green charging lite. I'm using a Samsung case.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've barely used the charger, thought I was going to really like it but it's been almost useless. I have a Pixel 3 and it'll charge but not much. Plus it also slides off the surface if I brake/accelerate too fast or go over a bump. The times I have used it, it slowly charges. If I need a charge I just connect it via USB since it's actually faster to connect (since you need to perfectly place it on the wireless charger).

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,664 Posts
I've barely used the charger, thought I was going to really like it but it's been almost useless. I have a Pixel 3 and it'll charge but not much. Plus it also slides off the surface if I brake/accelerate too fast or go over a bump. The times I have used it, it slowly charges. If I need a charge I just connect it via USB since it's actually faster to connect (since you need to perfectly place it on the wireless charger).
to keep your device from slipping, there are these cool pieces you can add to every nook and pocket, including the charging pad. They are just a little something you can dress up your Passport with!

CupHolderHero for Honda Passport 2019-2020 Custom Liner Accessories - Premium Cup Holder, Console, and Door Pocket Inserts 28-pc Set (Gray Trim) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TJ98P38/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QhR5Db489JJ97

Reactions: gwar9999

·
Registered
2 Posts
  • You are correct, I finally made it work. Someone else here had recommended to lay it down about 2 "ribs" from the bottom and it has been working correctly now. Thanks everyone, does not charge fast but on long trips really useful.
  • In order to charge my Note 10+ it needs to be placed well to the left - where it completely hides the green charging lite. I'm using a Samsung case.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
304 Posts
My phone (as with many others!) would start to charge and then (5ish seconds later - yes, I "timed" it) would "disconnect", ending the charging session. It took a while (and time chasing a false narrative about it being a possible setting on the phone) before arriving at what now has me charging without issue(s). The answer is/was (for me) placement on the charging surface . . . yuppers, it was that "simple". Both my phone (Galaxy S8) and my wife's phone (Galaxy S6) were experiencing the 5ish second charge before stopping. We now "simply" place the phone on the charging pad with the top closest to the driver and (the most important) two "ribs" up from the bottom of the charging pad . . . by "ribs" I am referring to the alternating (light, dark) horizontal lines on the charging pad. With the first two "ribs" / lines visible and the phone lying above those two "ribs" / lines, we are now consistently charging our phones using the wireless charging pad in our Passport!
I tried Cranbrooked suggestions on phone placement and have to agree it was a big increase in charging. I have a S8 in an Otterbox case. My trip from work to home is about 35 minutes and in that time I typically would increase by 1 to 2 percentage points charging my phone in the past. Today I tried the above placement suggestions and my phone charged 10 percentage points in the same time!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I found that when placing my phone perfectly centered on the wireless charger (covering the green light) works best. My phone would tell me if it is charging anyways. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. Hope this helps.
this is mostly true with my iPhone X (clear case). I’ll cover the light with one corner of the phone, then nudge it slightly so I see the light. That tends to work for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For most people, their cell phone is almost an extension of themselves. They are convenient and mobile, which means they are battery-powered. What if you forget to recharge, or are away from a source of electricity for hours or even days?
usb-c charger box

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have no issues with mine. Charges fine. The one thing I noticed however that if my iPhone 12pro is in the best position for charging on the pad then it is covering the little green light.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts