Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at dealer looking at Elx and mentioned I might want wireless charger, he said it was $600. I know it is $250 on Honda website and he said that doesn’t include installation. I thought options at purchase included installation. Has anyone else added this and what did they pay? Am I wrong about cost to add options? Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Things to keep in mind:

- if you have an iPhone, wireless charging is currently slower that charging via USB. This may change in the future.
- if you plan to use Apple Carplay or Android Auto the phone will need to be connected via cable anyway.

So wireless charging may only be useful for quick trips where you do not plan to use Carplay or Android Auto or you just want to top off your battery charge.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Homer good point on Apple play! need a cord anyway so really negates wireless charging. Guess it would be good for bluetooth though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean by this? :unsure: Do you mean if you are playing something via bluetooth connection you can charge at the same time without a cable?[/QUOTE
Homer good point on Apple play! need a cord anyway so really negates wireless charging. Guess it would be good for bluetooth though
Thx Homer while I agree on usage i guess the root of the question is the cost on website vs the dealer charge. Basically is dealer trying to screw me additionally

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think the quoted installation cost sounds high, particularly for potentially limited benefit (depending on how you might use it.) That's why I added my points mentioned above.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not sure what you mean by this? :unsure: Do you mean if you are playing something via bluetooth connection you can charge at the same time without a cable?
Yeah I guess I worded it wrong. If one is Bluetooth streams, wireless charging would be a good solution. For better audio and more features one would have to plug in and defeating the purpose of wireless charging

·
Super Moderator
872 Posts
Most of the time I'm just listening to XM radio while driving. And most of the time while driving I plug my phone in JUST to charge it. So I could see the wireless charger being convenient since it's easier to just set my phone down (then just pick it up) rather than plugging my phone in (then unplugging it) every time. Maybe not a top priority feature, but a convenient one.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was at dealer looking at Elx and mentioned I might want wireless charger, he said it was $600. I know it is $250 on Honda website and he said that doesn’t include installation. I thought options at purchase included installation. Has anyone else added this and what did they pay? Am I wrong about cost to add options? Thanks
Check your e store.
https://estore.honda.com/honda/accessories/view-honda-accessory-detail.asp?m=2019-passport-awd-ex-l-9-speed-automatic&ec=&oc=PASSP19081&dl=208461

·
Registered
582 Posts
I found that when I put my phone on the charger (Elite, Luna Silver) it did not charge. I think it had to do with the protective case I have on my LG K30. I haven't tried to remove the case to determine if that was preventing the phone from charging.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts