Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was the first time I used it. My initial observation is it isn't powerful enough to bring my phone (Galaxy Note 10+) up to a higher charge level.

I placed it on the pad at 72%, observed both the phone and cars green (pad) light come on; first steady but shortly thereafter it was blinking green. After about 90 min. I needed the phone and it was now at 67%. To my knowledge it was only listening for calls and texts; blue tooth was off.

Is this typical for y'all?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an Otterbox case on my Galaxy S9+. It charges just fine on the wireless charger in my elite. It's not as fast as using a charging cable, but in my experience none of the wireless chargers are as fast as using a cable. It's handy to just set the phone down without needing a cable.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a (Samsung) case on it and I have no problems charging it at home on my Samsung wireless charger.
After reading the Passport Owners PDF file I see that if the cars charging light is blinking then its not in proper position; I erroneously ASSUMED that meant a full charge.

I'll pay better attention to its positioning next time. I hope it works as we've paid for one (parts backordered now at 6-7 weeks) for my brides Ody.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today was the first time I used it. My initial observation is it isn't powerful enough to bring my phone (Galaxy Note 10+) up to a higher charge level.

I placed it on the pad at 72%, observed both the phone and cars green (pad) light come on; first steady but shortly thereafter it was blinking green. After about 90 min. I needed the phone and it was now at 67%. To my knowledge it was only listening for calls and texts; blue tooth was off.

Is this typical for y'all?
The problem with the charger is that the rubberized pad the phone sits on it not very sticky/grippy. As a result of driving over bumps or short corners, the phone moves slightly - losing contact with the Qi charger element.

The blinking green light means the phone is NOT charging. Solid green IS charging.

I have thought about applying a thin layer of something much more tactile, or making the charging pad area smaller so the phone says more in the "charging zone". But for now, I just move it back whenever the light goes from solid to blinking green.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts