Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was the first time I used it. My initial observation is it isn't powerful enough to bring my phone (Galaxy Note 10+) up to a higher charge level.

I placed it on the pad at 72%, observed both the phone and cars green (pad) light come on; first steady but shortly thereafter it was blinking green. After about 90 min. I needed the phone and it was now at 67%. To my knowledge it was only listening for calls and texts; blue tooth was off.

Is this typical for y'all?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an Otterbox case on my Galaxy S9+. It charges just fine on the wireless charger in my elite. It's not as fast as using a charging cable, but in my experience none of the wireless chargers are as fast as using a cable. It's handy to just set the phone down without needing a cable.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have a (Samsung) case on it and I have no problems charging it at home on my Samsung wireless charger.
After reading the Passport Owners PDF file I see that if the cars charging light is blinking then its not in proper position; I erroneously ASSUMED that meant a full charge.

I'll pay better attention to its positioning next time. I hope it works as we've paid for one (parts backordered now at 6-7 weeks) for my brides Ody.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today was the first time I used it. My initial observation is it isn't powerful enough to bring my phone (Galaxy Note 10+) up to a higher charge level.

I placed it on the pad at 72%, observed both the phone and cars green (pad) light come on; first steady but shortly thereafter it was blinking green. After about 90 min. I needed the phone and it was now at 67%. To my knowledge it was only listening for calls and texts; blue tooth was off.

Is this typical for y'all?
The problem with the charger is that the rubberized pad the phone sits on it not very sticky/grippy. As a result of driving over bumps or short corners, the phone moves slightly - losing contact with the Qi charger element.

The blinking green light means the phone is NOT charging. Solid green IS charging.

I have thought about applying a thin layer of something much more tactile, or making the charging pad area smaller so the phone says more in the "charging zone". But for now, I just move it back whenever the light goes from solid to blinking green.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I did take it out of the case, but it slid around, so I put on another case from tech21, and it did better but still slid around. I wonder if there were some little bump stops that could be positioned to keep it in place?

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
827 Posts
I have an iPhone XS Max, and just while parked, I cannot get the wireless phone charger to work consistently. It will blink green for a few seconds, go solid green for a few seconds, and goes out. I’ve tried all kinds of positions, with and without the case, and still no luck. Took a 70 mile drive with the phone out of the case and on the charger, and the charge percentage never changed. I moved it around a few times until the light went solid, but it went out, so I just left it in the same spot. Totally useless feature, and another example of the piss poor testing by Honda.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an iPhone XS Max, and just while parked, I cannot get the wireless phone charger to work consistently. It will blink green for a few seconds, go solid green for a few seconds, and goes out. I’ve tried all kinds of positions, with and without the case, and still no luck. Took a 70 mile drive with the phone out of the case and on the charger, and the charge percentage never changed. I moved it around a few times until the light went solid, but it went out, so I just left it in the same spot. Totally useless feature, and another example of the piss poor testing by Honda.
Yea it is frustrating -- its almost like the area needs to be expanded so that no matter where you put it on the pad it charges.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2022 Trailsport. Charging pad doesn’t work with case-less iPhone 12 or 13. Dealer told me, “The charging pads don’t work with iPhones”. Seriously?? Why even put it in? Maybe put some mud flaps on or something else that might have value. Comon Honda!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 2022 Trailsport. Charging pad doesn’t work with case-less iPhone 12 or 13. Dealer told me, “The charging pads don’t work with iPhones”. Seriously?? Why even put it in? Maybe put some mud flaps on or something else that might have value. Comon Honda!
they do work but they only work with non magsafe phones.
while we had xs max the pad was working fine but since upgrading to 13 pro max which has the fancy magsafe, it interferes with wireless pad in car. it will start to charge and stop.

last time heard was honda is still working on a fix and been almost 2 yrs now and still nothing lol.

and so many other threads on apple about it.

you can skim thru many threads about it as you like but you'd find answer's like these poster as said
" Update: i spoke to apple. They say that Honda didn’t account for the new charging tech (magsafe). So basically apple and honda are pointing fingers at each other. Bottom line… the space housing the wireless charger is a great place for your keys and wallet. Lol. "

1 - 12 of 12 Posts