Honda Passport Forum banner

Wireless Apple CarPlay?

38K views 49 replies 31 participants last post by  AnselmWilson 
#1 ·
Most cars with Apple CarPlay require you to actually plug in the phone for it to work, since the phone battery would otherwise be drained (at least that's one argumet I've heard). Given that the Elite has the wireless phone charger, does anyone know if wireless CarPlay is supported? Or is CarPlay supported via USB only (which would significantly limit the usefulness of wireless charging)?

#36 ·
I would like to revive this forum to say that my CPLAY2AIR works after the 04.26 firmware. I have only had a couple of times when I had to unplug the adapter and then plug it back in. Sound quality is great, no lag in Maps, and all I have to do is get in the Passport with my iPhone, and CarPlay pulls up. It does take between 10-30 seconds to load, but it's way better than having to plug in my phone every time. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to reply.

#39 ·
There was a discussion on this topic a while ago. The conclusion then was that aftermarket gadgets were flaky. But last week, I took the plunge anyway. I got 2021 CarlinKit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter for Ridgeline 2017 to 2020 Years Factory CarPlay Cars, Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay, Support iOS 14 . I hooked it up over the weekend and so far it has been working fine. All four days worth of data. The pairing process was simple (took about a min, I think). And now every time I get in the car, it connects. Google maps works fine. The steering wheel button to access Sri works fine. I have not noticed any additional lag. We even paired my wife's phone and it connected seamlessly. It has a USB-A connector so you don't lose wired either (though I haven't measured current to see if you've lost charging speed). Ridgeline 2017.

#40 ·
Hello, have you get one adapter to convert the carplay to wireless? does it goes well?
I am considering to have one too, getting tired of plugging in everyday to USB, has anyone upgraded to wireless CarPlay and have suggestions for adapters?
Is there any loss in function with the aftermark adapters?

#41 ·
Hello all - I recently saw an advertisement for a small adapter that you plug into the iPhone USB connection in your car and it essentially turns your CarPlay into wireless CarPlay. That way you don't need to physically plug in your phone ever time you get in the car.

I know this is not a new or novel technology, so figured I'd ask around here to see what products folks are using for wireless Apple CarPlay, and how they like it. Thanks!

#47 ·
Had carlinkit 3.0 about a month now and setup was very simple and only took about 60 seconds. I'm using this in a 2020 Passport.

In the beginning, I even know nothing about it, but their support team is responsive to my question in 1 hour. Upon getting in the vehicle and turning it on, you can briefly see it attempting to connect to your phone and then it is ready to go. No need to take my phone out of my pocket or touch anything. The connection time has varied slightly and I'm not sure what the issue is, but by the time I back out of my garage it is always connected. I would say 5-10 seconds from the time I start my car till the time I can see Carplay on the screen. I have not noticed any lag with Carplay or any noticeable difference in streaming quality of music.

Works great until now.

#48 ·
Had carlinkit 3.0 about a month now and setup was very simple and only took about 60 seconds. I'm using this in a 2020 Passport.

In the beginning, I even know nothing about it, but their support team is responsive to my question in 1 hour. Upon getting in the vehicle and turning it on, you can briefly see it attempting to connect to your phone and then it is ready to go. No need to take my phone out of my pocket or touch anything. The connection time has varied slightly and I'm not sure what the issue is, but by the time I back out of my garage it is always connected. I would say 5-10 seconds from the time I start my car till the time I can see Carplay on the screen. I have not noticed any lag with Carplay or any noticeable difference in streaming quality of music.

Works great until now.
Hi, thanks for sharing, it doesn't seem to support my wireless Android Auto. I don't want to buy an extra iphone for my carplay, so I just want to know if any device can support my android auto.thanks

#49 ·
The new T-box mini is really great, small size, big capacity, and very smooth to watch videos, I think everyone deserves it

#50 ·
I can also play videos freely in the car, which is really a good experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.