Honda Passport Forum banner

Wireless Apple CarPlay?

38K views 49 replies 31 participants last post by  AnselmWilson 
I added an aftermarket radio head to my 2019 Passport Sport that supported wireless Apple CarPlay and I'll say it is a waste. The demands on the iPhone battery drains it quickly. You might as well charge when using Apple CarPlay so the wired USB connection is more practical. Wireless might work better on the Passport models with wireless charging although I'm less than thrilled with the wireless charging on my 2020 Passport Elite.

I might be wrong
The only 2021 Honda with with wireless Apple CarPlay is the Accord on EX-L and higher trim levels per the Honda website and specs for both the Accord and Passport.

I upgraded my 2019 Sport with a Kenwood head that had wireless Apple CarPlay and never used it because it discharge my iPhone battery at a high rate.

Perphaps wireless charging and wireless Apple CarPlay will someday work together well enough to eliminate the need for the lighting wire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.