Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
REPLY TO WAYNE P:
Hi, I might buy the same set of steel rims. Are those 7.5" wide? The set I'm looking at is off a 2012 Pilot. Also, what color of Duplicolor paint do you use on them? They look great. Duplicolor sells a few different silvers.
THANKS!

·
Registered
49 Posts
got my new 17 inch snowies today with black steel rims, they are ugly AF
wish they had center caps
im ready for the winter now.....

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Having never lived in snow environment, just visited them for work...I can’t imagine having to swap out my tires for snow then non snow weather. I’d have no where to store 4 tires for several months!

Can you not just have AWD and all season tires?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dedicated snow tires are far superior to all seasons tires, even with AWD. As for storage, most dealerships and / or tire places offer wheel storage, for a fee, of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having never lived in snow environment, just visited them for work...I can’t imagine having to swap out my tires for snow then non snow weather. I’d have no where to store 4 tires for several months!

Can you not just have AWD and all season tires?
My Colorado family has three two-wheel drive cars that all have a separate set of winter wheels/tires. It's a bit of a pain to swap and store them, but Discount Tire swaps them at no charge (we buy the tires there). Our 2005 Pilot ran for 14 years on all season tires, but winter tires are definitely better. Rubber compound is made for cold weather so they give better traction even on clear roads. They stop and turn better, and better traction. Some folks say they would rather drive a front-wheel-drive car with good winter tires than an all-wheel-drive car with all-season tires. With our new Passport, I'm looking to get a set of winter wheels/tires.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for the educational responses.
And that could be a new business plan, a tire storage center...🤔

·
Registered
38 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for the educational responses.
And that could be a new business plan, a tire storage center...🤔
Most places around here charge between $70 - $80 Canadian, per season for tire storage. They usually discount the wheel swap if you store your tires with them, though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yup pretty much every dealer around has a few or more of those
containers that go on semis, and store customer tires
year around in it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
REPLY TO WAYNE P:
Hi, I might buy the same set of steel rims. Are those 7.5" wide? The set I'm looking at is off a 2012 Pilot. Also, what color of Duplicolor paint do you use on them? They look great. Duplicolor sells a few different silvers.
THANKS!
Hi Brent, I replied to your private message, if you need anything else, give me a shout.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts