Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would prefer more rubber between the road and wheel rim during the winter months here in West Michigan. I'm not a tire expert, & I'm struggling with wheel circumference and its affects on the speedometer and GPS systems. I'm wondering about decreasing the the Rim diameter while increasing the Tire height, to achieve the OEM tire height / circumference. Any thoughts on minimum rim ID and adjusting tire height height to acheive the correct OEM wheel circumference? Please include any thoughts on tire widths, the 8.5" seems a little wide to me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I’m running 245/65R17 on steel rims and the diameters are pretty well the same as my 20’s.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes, same bolt pattern, same centerbore with 17" rims. I got these rims from the honda dealer when I had my 2015 Honda Pilot. Here is a pic with the 245/65/17 Blizzaks on the rims. Everything works fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ordered 17" steelies for mine with Xice from the dealer.
They were about same price as any where around here.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
those are purdy
Thanks dred, I give them a light sanding every fall and touch them up with Duplicolor wheel paint.
You will love your Passport in the snow with the winter tires, it handles like it was on rails.

·
Registered
289 Posts
They look great npeckio

·
Registered
10 Posts
  1. 245/70R17 Blizzaks which are 1 inch bigger than standard in diameter. No rub though. I always liked this tire. Switched from 245/50R20 on my Pilot. Thicker sidewall makes for a less jarring ride. At 34 PSI still corners like a champ, so I will try 32 in the next few weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Those are purdy rims too
I've ordered the same size except Xice, I have had blizzaks on a couple of vehicles over the years.
Find they are awesome the first year but every following years are not near as good.
Probably best bang for buk are the toyo gsi5 or 6 they work well for years but are a bit loud.
Xice seem to last, have rolling resistance near an all season, and are decent in snow and ice.

bottom line any winter tire beats the stock in winter hands down.
still have 2 weeks until I get them installed, not the best time to be ordering snow tires in Canada eh.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hpocknlock, I love those AR wheels, what are
the specs on them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for your input, we got the winter tires last week and so far so good. bought some good rims at a local big box tire store, and some Blizzaks 235/65R 18
IMG_0088.jpg
IMG_0088.jpg
IMG_0088.jpg
anxious for the next snow storm. :>}

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just put on some 17 x 8.5" KMC XD Holeshot wheels and 245/65r/17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 tires. I always ran with Hakkas on my Element each winter with no complaints, so stuck with them for the Passport.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Love your setup Shaddow and Hakkas can’t be beat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts