Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windshield part number
7311-TG7-A23 is for all 2019 Passports.
It's $700.75 + installation + programming.

I was offered a windshield warranty when I bought my PP, but I passed.

My insurance will only cover the glass, after my deductible is meet.

I've only replaced one windshield, since 1977, but potently the PP's $1,200 is crazy.

What are you doing to lower your replacement cost?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I lost mine to a rock that hit in the ‘black’ area that went undetected until a 8” crack showed up. I have a low deductible and had Safelite replace and recalibrate the electronics. No problems. I think the total was about $600.

I remember buying both rope in and glue in glass for under $75. I replaced a lot of them, with a buddy, on a Saturday in my backyard. We’d charge $150 for these and do a half dozen before lunch a couple of times.

This was my first busted windshield in about 12 years.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I took a rock into the windshield doing 75 on an interstate at night. Shocked because the closest truck was about 1/4 mi. ahead of me. With the loud crack I was sure the windshield was a goner. The next morning I had to look very hard to even find a slight chip. These acoustic windshields are a lot tougher.
I had the same sound when a rock hit my '06 Pilot a few months ago. That windshield was toast.

And cp4life, that $700 figure is list price. Nobody pays list (well, rarely). hondapartsnow.com sells that for $488 and they still make a profit.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most online oem parts stores will not ship large heavy items.
I didn't know safelite was an option, when programming the windshield.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
644 Posts
It is possible to upgrade your auto insurance policy to include full glass coverage without a deductible? I do and paid $0 on my windshield replacement last month. My policy also allows for OEM glass. Safelite billed my insurance $1,450 which included calibration of the cameras behind the windshield. The windshield (for Elite) was back-ordered for about a month.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had state farm and now I have Progressive.
State farm doesn't cover anything and Progressive covers only the glass.

Who is your ins with?

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
644 Posts
Who is your ins with?
Amica... premium may be higher than other insurance companies? But, you will receive quality service via telephone with no local agents involved. You can opt-in or opt-out for full glass coverage... verify that you can request OEM glass. Glass repair program is administered through Safelite, but you are not required to use them. Also, no restriction on your choice of auto body repair shop. Take advantage of available discounts too, including Passport's forward collision feature. If applicable to your state, a defensive driving course will further reduce a portion of your premium.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
644 Posts
P.S. With full glass replacement, I think it is limited to twice per year (?)... should you be so unfortunate! If you get a glass chip that is repairable, do that immediately which does not count towards the twice per year limit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Windshield part number
7311-TG7-A23 is for all 2019 Passports.
It's $700.75 + installation + programming.

I was offered a windshield warranty when I bought my PP, but I passed.

My insurance will only cover the glass, after my deductible is meet.

I've only replaced one windshield, since 1977, but potently the PP's $1,200 is crazy.

What are you doing to lower your replacement cost?
Replaced my windshield within 5k miles through safelite; however, they said they didn't have the software to calibrate my windshield. Less than a 1000 miles later I had another rock smack the windshield leaving a huge chip to try and repair.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Amica... premium may be higher than other insurance companies? But, you will receive quality service via telephone with no local agents involved. You can opt-in or opt-out for full glass coverage... verify that you can request OEM glass. Glass repair program is administered through Safelite, but you are not required to use them. Also, no restriction on your choice of auto body repair shop. Take advantage of available discounts too, including Passport's forward collision feature. If applicable to your state, a defensive driving course will further reduce a portion of your premium.
I am with Amica also and carry the glass coverage. I had my windshield replaced with an OEM part and safelight billed the company $1,555. I paid $0 for the replacement and calibration.

Apparently the calibration is difficult on cloudy days, so they had to keep,the car a few days.

i second everything you said about Amica. I have been with them for nearly 30 years, great company. They are a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts