Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Elite, 2" lift, 18" wheels w/Nitto Grapplers

Right after getting my new PP, in mid-2020, I took a rock and cracked the windshield. Fortunately, I had purchased a windshield coverage package so the cost was $0. I had already had the lift & wheels/tires installed. Didn't have a single issue with calibration.

Fast-forward to a couple months back; took another rock, back to Safelite. Windshield is still covered thank goodness. Before Safelite would touch it they said I need to get back to OEM wheels/tires, at least by size. Thankfully, I still have my OE's.

Swapped the wheels and took it back to Safelite. They replaced the windshield but then said they couldn't calibrate the camera. That with the OE wheels/tires + the 2" lift that the camera wouldn't align with the target and gave ride height error.

Re-swapped back to the 18's which in theory anyways would be a 1-2" drop but add in the 2" lift should put ride height near OE spec.

To no avail. Still getting ride height error and now the camera won't calibrate and the dash has multiple flashing warning lights. Can't even use cruise control

Not sure why the first go around worked just fine but not this time. Guy from Safelite speculates that there has been either software, or firmware, updates that are too precise.

Anybody else run into this and or know of any fixes, or work arounds?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Once the windshield has been replaced by Safelite take your Passport to a Honda dealer to calibrate the camera, the dealer tech will know corrective measures to take if any is needed.
Agreed.
Honda is set up to calibrate lifted Passports, because they offer a J-Sport lift kit option.
Regarding the OEM 20" tire height of 29.6"...How tall are your Nittos?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts