Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my touring idk why it get all foggy on the INSIDE just front windshield and its been doing it ever since i bought in 2019,

when im not driving an its just sitting unused in parking lot or my driveway turned off parked locked and i can see it all being all foggy.
when its all super cold below 20f or so.
or also when its raining sometimes and it be around 30-50f
when this happen the car hasnt been driven for so many days and doors havent been open and also it happens if i have driven the car and park and start doing like this.

when im driving in cold and i can turn defog button and it does it job no issues

get like random 3 patch of square shows up each side idk what they are also.

it get all super foggy inside when its super hot outside when im driving and its 80f plus and car is running 65-72 ac.

all time ac mode is set to blow air at face button thing.
summer time it really get annoying and i cannot just figure out what to do, i would turn up air or down , even let fresh air in or windows down and still happens in summer when im driving.

defogg button dont help in this summer problem.

i still havent figured a way out.

Automotive parking light Car Window Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Window Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you use a windshield sunscreen when it is parked?
no nothing like that or anything is attached to the windshield other a small dash camera mount 1 or 2 inch size or so attached via 3m double side tape.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you might have a leak somewhere causing moisture to be built up on the inside.
any idea on where to start as , not to be bashing dealers but they wont really touch something as they insert " we couldn’t replicate it " . i took in my third brake light been on all day / night and next day it went away itself and still took it to the dealer and he inserted " we couldn’t replicate it ". wasted 2 hrs of driving on it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
any idea on where to start as , not to be bashing dealers but they wont really touch something as they insert " we couldn’t replicate it " . i took in my third brake light been on all day / night and next day it went away itself and still took it to the dealer and he inserted " we couldn’t replicate it ". wasted 2 hrs of driving on it.
Is your passenger side floor damp? Could be clogged AC drain dumping all that moisture to the inside.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Also I assume you are not losing coolant? Could be a pin hole leak in the heater core.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is your passenger side floor damp? Could be clogged AC drain dumping all that moisture to the inside.
i havent noticed or feel wet yet in whole car but ill see that area again when it happens.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also I assume you are not losing coolant? Could be a pin hole leak in the heater core.
now that part is funny as some time even its 64 or 60 it will blow super hot air sometimes and i have to let it go all the way to low to cool , but it does same thing it my other crv that we bought together. so i just thought its normal.

crv windsheild dont fogged up like mine and its normal

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pull up the matt and feel the carpet if it's damp.
will do but i can see water dripping below my car when its running idle dropping water so that im assuming its from the ac no? if so then ac drain working fine?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
forgot to add @jasonpp when i wash car i do pull mats everywhere and if it had been dripping water there and been soak it would have showed right like spots or discolored or moldy no? but as far i can tell it passenger side carpet look normal and consistent colors and stuff with every other carpet piece in car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
forgot to add @jasonpp when i wash car i do pull mats everywhere and if it had been dripping water there and been soak it would have showed right like spots or discolored or moldy no? but as far i can tell it passenger side carpet look normal and consistent colors and stuff with every other carpet piece in car.
Sometimes the water run under the mats onto the carpet so check carpet.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you can't find a leak and if it's just the windscreen that fogs instead of all glass surfaces you may want to check your climate control settings, directing the airflow to the windscreen defroster vents on a wet/cold day with the air in recirculate mode may cause windscreen fogging even after you have parked and left the vehicle.

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Slope

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you can't find a leak and if it's just the windscreen that fogs instead of all glass surfaces you may want to check your climate control settings, directing the airflow to the windscreen defroster vents on a wet/cold day with the air in recirculate mode may cause windscreen fogging even after you have parked and left the vehicle.

View attachment 13645
Thought about it also but one time I’d not driven or open the car doors for almost 3 weeks just sitting there and it still did this. As I went on a vacation

·
Registered
167 Posts
Condensation/fogging is a product of the mix of warm surface and cold moisture but the interior of a car parked for almost 3 weeks should no longer be warmer than the exterior. I can't imagine what could be the source of warmth in the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could be plugged sunroof drain also. 15+ F150 had issue with panoramic roof, drains being disconnected and dumping water out of A-pillar grab handles.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Could be plugged sunroof drain also. 15+ F150 had issue with panoramic roof, drains being disconnected and dumping water out of A-pillar grab handles.
ill take a look at also but if im correct , if sun drain is working it should drip water behind front wheel location where the mud guards get installed , i can see water drip at that location when its snowed and roof was melting or when it rain a little i can see drops coming there . so i guess that drain is ok but ill see by opening it and check .

Condensation/fogging is a product of the mix of warm surface and cold moisture but the interior of a car parked for almost 3 weeks should no longer be warmer than the exterior. I can't imagine what could be the source of warmth in the car.
idk also it just being like that since i bought in 2019 , i would think if it was leaking water somewhere for so many years now , it would show sign of discolored carpets or smell or damp feeling but im not seeing any and also when i wash cars few times a year i pull all mats and vacuum the whole car so i can see the carpets are all same color and same looking thru out the whole car. it just so weird

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also those 3 weird squares that show up on each side is also not sure what they are.

they are just like those invisible logos i have in my eye glass ,where if you fog them by breathing you can see logo and tell there are real pair of glass from that brand.
but in the windshield i dont see any logos or marking just big square with lines going downwards inside them

1 - 20 of 25 Posts