·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be a PDX?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder how many MDX owners regularly use their third row. Maybe the next MDX will be more like the Passport instead of the Pilot.

My 2012 MDX is nearly the same length and width as the Passport...which is why I will likely purchase one. I've only used the third row a handfull of times, but wanted the generous cargo space for dogs and fishing trips. I'll miss having an SUV with actually sportiness, but will appreciate many of the same benefits along with improved gas mileage using regular gas. And keep Honda reliability!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've heard that Acura is considering bringing back the ZDX and they already have the CDX over in Asia. Since the RDX has been completely redesigned for 2019, it'll probably be a few years before we see something new from them.

·
461 Posts
Btw, I test drove the newly designed RDX and was NOT a fan as I bought the PP instead ;) / the car felt too fussy if u ask me / really just want reliability and fun ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In what way. Are you aware of the Acura RDX???
I have zero knowledge of an Acura version of PP, just asking the question.

IF there is an Acura version of the PP planned, suspect more HP, sporty styling would be in play. Who among us wouldn’t be interested in that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Will there be a PDX?
I suspect there will. All Acura sells is SUVs. I would bet the next MDX will grow to a real 3 row SUV and then they will slot a “PDX” in between the RDX/MDX. We will know once we see how much bigger the next MDX has gotten.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The MDX has always been a favorite of mine but I never needed the third row. When the new RDX came out I checked it out and liked it but there was something that just didn't do it for me even though it was bigger and better suited for what I was looking for; then the Passport came out and sized pretty much in the middle it really hit all the marks for me and opting for the Touring or Elite you get a lot of the luxury. I sometimes wonder why Honda still has the Acura name out there because Honda itself is putting out magnificent cars. If I was looking for a sedan I would opt for the Accord over any of the Acuras. Personally I think if Acura is going to add anything to their SUV family it will probably be something smaller, more in the subcompact area to compete with the Q3, GLA, UX, etc. It's a hot market right now. The reality is most manufacturers are putting out 4 SUV models these days so Acura either needs to step up their game or give up. Like Wmb79 said, Acura survives on sales of the RDX and MDX.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was looking at the RDX as well but was turned off by the smaller engine and less cargo space. It's a nice looking car though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I own a 2011 Acura MDX....Just about the same profile as the new Passport..dimensions are almost identical but with no 3rd row in Passport...The cargo space I now have with the MDX (my 3rd row is a virgin) is just about the same as in the new Passport. Will be looking sell my MDX and get a 2020 Passport in about 9 months...Will probably be my last car.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'll assume the RDX is in the same class as the Pilot. The dropped rear roofline does reduce the cubes for cargo and makes it look like a sedan.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,677 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts