Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2021 Passport EX-L
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed that my leather-wrapped steering wheel in my 2021 EX-L looks different than other leather-wrapped steering wheels, mine doesn't have the perforated dotted texture on the sides as shown in the comparison below. And both are non-heated versions of the steering wheel. Does anybody know why?

· Registered
2021 Passport EX-L
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2021 Touring and have the same steering wheel as the first picture without the dotted texture.
Interesting. This is kinda weird. I'm really curious what's the difference and why some vehicles have the dotted texture and some don't. I've been checking my dealership stock, and it seems random as far as I can tell

· Banned
513 Posts
I realized the same thing today. My 2021 Elite has the perforation and my 2021 Touring does not. I'm guessing the perforated heated wheels come standard on the Elite. Even with a heated wheel upgrade, the touring trim and below will still have a non perforated wheel. I also noticed the perforated wheel on my elite is softer and smoother.

· Registered
308 Posts
I realized the same thing today. My 2021 Elite has the perforation and my 2021 Touring does not. I'm guessing the perforated heated wheels come standard on the Elite. Even with a heated wheel upgrade, the touring trim and below will still have a non perforated wheel. I also noticed the perforated wheel on my elite is softer and smoother.
My 2019 Touring has the perforation. Not heated.

· 2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,863 Posts
For anyone unhappy with the size and feel (or lack of perforations) I HIGHLY recommend the Wheelskins steering wheel cover.

I had them on my previous two BMW's and love the quality feel they provide!

When I got my 2019 PP Touring, I found the OEM cover was stretched so much that the leather took on a plastic-y feel to it, so I upgraded to a EuroPerf Perforated one (in a two-tone color). I feels SO much better than the OEM steering wheel, it is softer and increases the diameter ever so slightly - to give a better grip..

Mine is Black (top & bottom) and Charcoal (sides). They are easy to put on, gotta do some sewing, to stitch in place. But they hold up VERY well, and is a very nice upgrade for $70 bucks, one you will be able to enjoy every time you drive!

Reactions: Bosetsu
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.