Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a pretty moderate climate area but it still makes me wonder why there's no settings for controlling the comfort features. That is, if it's warm in the afternoon when I return home with the cooling seats enabled and then get in my vehicle the next morning when it's much cooler (not realizing cooling seats are still on until I feel it) it would be nice if the Passport considered that and turned off the cooling seats and depending on the temperature possibly turned on the heated seat.

In a similar fashion, the heater/AC could use the same logic.

Like everything, some people would like these features and some would hate them which is why I think there should be a few settings around enabling them..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Your suggestions would make for a more expensive vehicle...If you are willing to pay more for all the features you want then perhaps you should be looking for a more premium brand?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably true, but it's not that much tech to develop considering there's already a platform installed that has most if not all of the necessary knobs.

·
Registered
373 Posts
After spending 5,000 with my Passport, I believe it is a nice platform that is unrefined. The infotainment system is rough, the adaptive cruise is rough, the auto dimming headlight feature is rough, the Garmin nav is stripped down, the 4 sensors in the bumpers need to doubled.....

yes, we could have bought a more expensive SUV but how much more would it have cost Honda to refine what is already there?

The car drives nice and has a lot of gold features but needs some refinement to be a great vehicle.

Reactions: gwar9999 and rls002

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After spending 5,000 with my Passport, I believe it is a nice platform that is unrefined. The infotainment system is rough, the adaptive cruise is rough, the auto dimming headlight feature is rough, the Garmin nav is stripped down, the 4 sensors in the bumpers need to doubled.....

yes, we could have bought a more expensive SUV but how much more would it have cost Honda to refine what is already there?

The car drives nice and has a lot of gold features but needs some refinement to be a great vehicle.
Couldn't agree more with you! Plus the ambient interior lighting is worthless, no option to illuminate lights when remote starting (I know not everybody agrees with this but that's why I say "optional"), blind spot indicator location isn't ideal, lack of extra cameras really makes the lack of extra sensors glaringly insufficient, no ability to remote start from an app.

The Passport is a really nice vehicle but could've been a great vehicle if they didn't cheap out (Accord and Odyssey can remote start from an app, why not the PP?), multiple subscriptions within the app for even basic functionality (which means the app was designed from day 1 as a money grab). In many ways the PP Elite is a step-up from my 2017 Ford Escape but if it just had everything the Escape had within the PP it would be a far better product than what Honda delivered (better ambient lighting, more sensors, free app controls including remote start, nearly flawless ACC, less awkward blindspot indicator location).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts