Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most amazing to me is that HondaLink will look at your calendar and send the address that is in the location line to the built-in nav. Once you get the hang of it, you will realize how useful it is and the time is saves. I use it all the time!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I enter the destination, in Garmin and look at the overall directions.
Garmin adds a few miles, thru extra neighborhoods, so that my route is right turns only.
I enter the same destination in my "herewego" app and in my TomTom (via carplay) and get to my destination much faster.
Is there a way to disable Garmin's no left turns feature?
This has happened with 3 separate destinations.

·
Registered
53 Posts
@iClick this feature is with the free Honda Link? So you get in the PP to drive to an appt and the nav is all set to take you there?
I signed up to extend HondaLink as my free trial was about to end so I don't know if it would have been deactivated.

On the HondaLink app scroll down to the small calendar icon (right below Service). HondaLink will access appointments that have been logged into your calendar app that will occur in the next 24 hours. It will display your next appointment. Click the Send To Car button. When you start your PP you will have a popup screen asking if you want to go to that destination. BTW, you can Send To Car from anywhere which makes a ton more sense than having to do it after entering or starting the car. Make sure the address in your calendar app makes sense and not shortened or abbreviated. It was one of those moments that I could not believe it actually worked :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I’ve used google maps pretty much exclusively since it came out. I do have a Ex trim so don’t have the built in nav but personally, don’t see why manufacturers are still including that option today. I definitely wouldn’t pay extra for it. Likely, will be phased out over time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I signed up to extend HondaLink as my free trial was about to end so I don't know if it would have been deactivated.
Sorry dunno what this means.

I do see that at least according to this link, Send Destination is a free feature (under Link+) for my Touring model:

I have debated whether to try the Hondalink app, with people here saying it is useless, but I guess I will try it myself and see.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an EX-L which does not have the built in Nav, I have always used my phone's navigation so it didn't bother me to not have it built in to the PP, business as usual. However I was drawn to the benefit of not having to use my Phone data when on road trips, so I downloaded Sygic for iPhone, payed a one time license fee for unlimited world maps. I use Sygic with CarPlay and it works very well, using no data from my phone just GPS which does not require Data. Sygic has a lot of very useful features and settings as well making it the perfect Nav system for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use Waze via CarPlay.

You really can’t beat it for traffic and hazard info.
How did you turn off the voice for Honda Navigation. I just picked up my car yesterday and I heard the voices of both Waze and Honda Navigation during my entire ride home. I see on the forum that Honda Navigation may be run by Garmin, should I be looking for a Garmin icon and presumably I can turn it off from there?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you use another navigation app instead of the Garmin system installed on the Passport? If so, why.
I use Waze mostly via Android Carplay and sometimes I use Garmin if I don't expect traffic to be bad. I have used Google maps with it once using Carplay but didn't like it mostly because I don't like Google Maps as a navigation system. Since I have turned on my AT&T hotspot, I can use Waze most anywhere reliably but it is nice to have the Garmin navigation system built into the car when there is no cell service even for the large cell signal amplifier that is your car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How did you turn off the voice for Honda Navigation. I just picked up my car yesterday and I heard the voices of both Waze and Honda Navigation during my entire ride home. I see on the forum that Honda Navigation may be run by Garmin, should I be looking for a Garmin icon and presumably I can turn it off from there?
I remember having that same 2 voice issue initially as well and I don't quite remember how I eliminated except I believe I was able to eliminate it via the Garmin navigation settings screen - perhaps I found the solution after reading the navigation user guide that comes with the car.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts