Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone please tell me where to find TSB's? I have googled and googled it states the NHTSA website has them, but I cannot find them anywhere. I was searching around on the Honda Pilot forum and apparently there is a TSB that was issued on August 4, 2020 to fix the crackling in the speakers problem on Pilots and Passports. The poster never sent a link as requested but had the attached screen shot.

TSB 20-058 states they replaced the following:
(4) 39817-TJB-AC0 HOUSING FAKRA SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BD0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BC0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BA0 CORD MOST SERVICE
(1) 39165-TG7-BB0 CORD MOST SERVICE

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a link to the discussion on the forum

·
Registered
433 Posts
Posted about this possible FAKRA 'solution' about a week ago HERE, but it specifically applied to Odyssey, and wondered:
"Perhaps replacing the FAKRA connection is better long-term solution than drumming your dash . . . hoping Honda discovers proof of concept on this latest fix for this issue, and it trickles down to similar Service Bulletin for our Passport."

It appears Service Bulletin A20-058 may be that "trickle down" the Odyssey, and now will specified for the Passport and Pilot . . . but my research cannot locate a printable document of A20-058 bulletin for Passport.

Thanks, Passportwrx. 👍 I will look into it next week and post what I find HERE.

Attachments

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called my dealer and he was able to look up that TSB (20-058) in their system. I am bringing in my PP this Wednesday to have it as well as the recall performed. I hope this fixes it.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport - Touring - AWD
11 Posts
Last week had the Multi Modal recall taken care of. Had to wait for the wiring harness connections to arrive at the dealer in order to fix the speaker "crackling" and audio connection failures I've been experiencing over the past few months. Much worse over the past two months. My 2019 Touring was manufactured towards the end of the 2019 production cycle in October. I'm cautiously optimistic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last week had the Multi Modal recall taken care of. Had to wait for the wiring harness connections to arrive at the dealer in order to fix the speaker "crackling" and audio connection failures I've been experiencing over the past few months. Much worse over the past two months. My 2019 Touring was manufactured towards the end of the 2019 production cycle in October. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Exact same boat- cautiously optimistic. This will be the 4th time In 8700mi I have brought mine in for the crackling of the speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update? Was this the recall for the software? Did this fix the crackling?

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,114 Posts
Any update? Was this the recall for the software? Did this fix the crackling?

Both of the posts you are quoting are four months old, so my guess is that they got fixed, but let's see if they answer. TSB 20-058 FIXED my crackling issues the first time, getting an experienced technician at the dealer is key in my opinion...

·
Registered
156 Posts
think I just experienced this,
sounded like radio was out of range static
then i fliped to my honda music and still did it.

yay im hitting them all it seems

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2019 Passport started with the popping, regardless of source (FM, Android, hard drive). Very noticeable. I called the dealer and mentioned the TSB, have an appointment later this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts