Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do all of you see your accessory outlets turning off immediately when the engine is shut off and the doors are still closed or is there a delay like the radio?
Let me clarify my question as I'm sure many of you are looking at this and saying "read the manual":
In my Passport they turn off instantly as soon as I stop the engine but the radio stays on. In other cars I've been in, the accessory outlets stay on for about as long as the radio until I open the doors.
They turn on when I go to accessory mode and turn off if I stop accessory mode or, more interestingly, they quickly turn off and on again if I start the engine from accessory mode.

This doesn't seem like normal behavior considering my experience in many other vehicles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure on this, when I sit back into my car my phone makes the “beep” like it just started charging. I haven’t tested the timer on when I exit the car yet.
If you're able to check that would be great. Both the power dropping out when transitioning from accessory to engine start and also after turning the engine off but not opening the doors.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Let me clarify my question as I'm sure many of you are looking at this and saying "read the manual":
In my Passport they turn off instantly as soon as I stop the engine but the radio stays on. In other cars I've been in, the accessory outlets stay on for about as long as the radio until I open the doors.
They turn on when I go to accessory mode and turn off if I stop accessory mode or, more interestingly, they quickly turn off and on again if I start the engine from accessory mode.

This doesn't seem like normal behavior considering my experience in many other vehicles.
The Honda is very similar to my last car which was a Sorento (Kia/Hyundai). Radio stays on with engine off for ~20-30 mins unless you cycle the locks, or voltage on battery is low, then instantly turns off. Same for power window circuit and interior lights, but the timer on windows and lights seems to be maybe 5 mins. Other cars I have also halt some accessories during startup due to startup surge current and voltage fluctuations on the power bus. Shutting off accessories on power off makes sense as it is analogous to turning a key past accessory to full off position.

I guess to me it is pretty logical. Not sure what is 'normal' with all the ways different brands design, but it isn't that different from others I have owned or driven except if you want accessory outlet power with the engine off, you have to press for accessory mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Honda is very similar to my last car which was a Sorento (Kia/Hyundai). Radio stays on with engine off for ~20-30 mins unless you cycle the locks, or voltage on battery is low, then instantly turns off. Same for power window circuit and interior lights, but the timer on windows and lights seems to be maybe 5 mins. Other cars I have also halt some accessories during startup due to startup surge current and voltage fluctuations on the power bus. Shutting off accessories on power off makes sense as it is analogous to turning a key past accessory to full off position.

I guess to me it is pretty logical. Not sure what is 'normal' with all the ways different brands design, but it isn't that different from others I have owned or driven except if you want accessory outlet power with the engine off, you have to press for accessory mode.
I've rented quite a few vehicles and most of the ones I've driven don't turn off the accessory outlet until after a preset time or the doors open. This is the first vehicle I've been in where that isn't the case. I mainly wanted to be sure that this was intended behavior rather than something (else) going wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts