Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my PP for a little over a month with less than 500 miles. I've always taken care of my vehicles. And with less than 500 miles the wheels have more chips in them than I had with a Nissan with over 85k. They sure look purty, but durability they'll be pretty gone at 20k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah no doubt painted wheels aren't going to be most durable wheel finish out there. Powder coating might be a viable option if you really like them stock wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've owned my PP for a little over a month with less than 500 miles. I've always taken care of my vehicles. And with less than 500 miles the wheels have more chips in them than I had with a Nissan with over 85k. They sure look purty, but durability they'll be pretty gone at 20k.
Had the same problem!!! Very disappointing!!! I also already have a bent rim which I am not pleased about

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,597 Posts
Had the same problem!!! Very disappointing!!! I also already have a bent rim which I am not pleased about

Need a new wheel? I have a Touring wheel available, depending on your location(?)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree, the rims and painted finish are very soft. Honda did not make the most durable rim for my Touring. I already have a few small imperfections and small scratches is the gloss black. I'm also a very careful driver but the gloss black finish requires special attention.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not sure what kinds of roads you are driving on but I have 11,000 miles on my OEM Touring wheels most of which is here in So Cal. All four wheels are still in original condition. But I do not do any offroad driving.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,597 Posts
Not sure what kinds of roads you are driving on but I have 11,000 miles on my OEM Touring wheels most of which is here in So Cal. All four wheels are still in original condition. But I do not do any offroad driving.
I'm in So Cal. too, with its nice flat and well maintained roads and those damn curbs keep jumping out at me! Now with the 18" wheels and A/T tires they better look out for me...!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I teally like what you did with your PP. But I am going to wait for when I need new tires to switch to 18s. BTW- I am down in Carlsbad.
Going to have Honda of Carlsbad install a CD player for me. They quoted about $100 less than Escondido Honda.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts