Honda Passport Forum banner

Wheel Pops, Headlights, and Forward Collision Warning, Low Battery Warning

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ha-evolution 
#1 ·
Hello all! I am currently at the dealership, dropping my 2020 PP Elite (1500 Miles) off for the following four concerns.

1. Drivers Side Headlight Condensation- (Water pooling inside headlight). Dealership took my word for it, ordered the part and is replacing it no questions asked.
2.Popping sound in front wheels- Common problem I have read on here. Dealer will inspect and try to replicate
3. Forward Collision warning going off on two lane roads- Another common issue i've read about on here, dealer is going to recalibrate my sensors. Not sure if this will work but may as well have them give it a shot.
4. Low Battery warning- I have gotten this twice in 1500 miles. Seems no reason for it to have gone off as both times I was in the act of driving.

My dealership Valley Honda in Aurora Il. is incredible on both sales and service. I have owned 7 hondas purchased from here and expect them to go above and beyond to handle these concerns. I will keep this updated with their responses and actions.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Post service update:

1.Drivers Side head lamp replaced.
2. Unable to replicate popping noise. Checked all joints in front suspension and everything checked out. Will attempt to replicate again at first oil change.
3. All safety systems checked (diagnotic and test drive) with a clean bill of health. Was advised that the forward collision radar is wide an sensitive and getting a brake warning with on-coming traffic on two lane roads is common and Honda is aware of it. Was advised that keeping follow distance on the shortest setting will/can contribute to these false alarms.
4. Checked battery and it is strong. No error or warning codes in the system. The low battery warning happend twice in my first few hundred miles and not since. I am satified with this as it doesnt apprear to be a recurring issue.

Overall, I am happy with the service provided. I spoke with my service advisor and the technician that worked on the car today. No questions asked replacement of head light makes me feel good. I have heard many dealerships chalking this up to dramtic changes in temp, and not replacing. While i understand the logic in condensation being caused by temp changes, water in a headlight enclosure should not happen in the amount I had in there. Minimally all the concerns i ha e are documented with the dealer and Honda, which is never a bad thing if going forward the persist.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I have also experiences the forward collision warning on a 2 lane road with oncoming traffic where the lanes are curving to my right and the warning goes off. I had a 2018 Accord which also had this sensor and didn't have this issue. Wonder what the differences are in the system other than the Passport is higher off the group. My 2016 Pilot doesn't have Honda sensing so I can compare it to that from the height perspective.
I had a 2018 Accord and same as you never had this issue. The sensor in the accord satbvery low to the ground. The Passports is much higher. Seems like a logical variable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.