Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
79 Posts
Mine parks outdoors as I'm in a condo/apartment community. I'm planning to get ceramic coating applied soon as I don't want to have to wax this beast as I'm just 5'9.

Reactions: LavaLite

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curious to what everyone's parking situation is....where do you park at home ? I know not everyone has access to a garage so I was wondering how you feel leaving your PP sitting outside ?
I'm asking because I have a 2 car garage currently occupied by my wife's 2020 PP and my occasional summer weekend fun car (2002 TA) My daily driver is a 2016 Scion TC that sits on the driveway as it has since new. I'm ready to buy a PP for me but I'm having a hard time swallowing parking a $40k car outside 24/7. Not concerned at all about security issues etc, just worried about rust and I guess excessive exposure to the elements (Chicagoland area).

My wife's prior car was a 2007 CRV garaged since new and looked flawless paint and underbody wise. Minimal rust underneath as expected on on a 2007 with 190k on the clock. My TC is already showing signs of more deterioration underneath and in the engine bay area but I only paid 19k for it lol.

. I guess...convince me its ok to leave it outside...I'm going to buy it anyway lol.
Mine stays outside 24/7 rain or shine or snow. n/w pa

·
Registered
728 Posts
The PP is living outside for now, hoping to have the car lift finished this summer to make more room in the garage.
That would be pretty cool..
How tall must your ceiling be to accommodate a lift?

Reactions: HarveyW

·
Registered
573 Posts
How tall must your ceiling be to accommodate a lift?
Ceiling height requirement depends on the type of lift (2 post vs 4 post vs parking lift) and vehicle height that you wish to accommodate. I love browsing ASEDeals.com because they have a variety of models with specifications. Check around for best pricing. You may need 220VAC and/or compressed air for some units.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ceiling height requirement depends on the type of lift (2 post vs 4 post vs parking lift) and vehicle height that you wish to accommodate. I love browsing ASEDeals.com because they have a variety of models with specifications. Check around for best pricing. You may need 220VAC and/or compressed air for some units.
Great info. Thanks DudeCS !

Reactions: DudeCS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys, it's a Honda. Nothing will happen to it if it stays outside. Mine lives outside since day one. In the garage - wife's Highlander, our 997, my Deere 120, the snowblower and all my other tools and toys.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,998 Posts
Guys, it's a Honda. Nothing will happen to it if it stays outside. Mine lives outside since day one. In the garage - wife's Highlander, our 997, my Deere 120, the snowblower and all my other tools and toys.
Some of us don‘t want this to happen to our $40-55k investment!

Or come out to the driveway to this

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some of us don‘t want this to happen to our $40-55k investment!

View attachment 9596

Or come out to the driveway to this

View attachment 9597

View attachment 9598

View attachment 9599
Not disagreeing at all, BUT: For the first picture, I bet there was some other damage to the car to cause the paint to look like this. Most likely, a crappy repaint job for a rear-end collision. Missing rims are easily preventable, get the security lugs/nuts, whatever. And as far as your whole car getting stolen, pleeaaase... they don't only steal cars from people's homes. They steal them from malls, public parking, office garages, etc... What's next? But a beater so you don't drive your "investment"? A car is a car is a car. It's all replaceable.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not disagreeing at all, BUT: For the first picture, I bet there was some other damage to the car to cause the paint to look like this. Most likely, a crappy repaint job for a rear-end collision. Missing rims are easily preventable, get the security lugs/nuts, whatever. And as far as your whole car getting stolen, pleeaaase... they don't only steal cars from people's homes. They steal them from malls, public parking, office garages, etc... What's next? But a beater so you don't drive your "investment"? A car is a car is a car. It's all replaceable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@HarveyW and @ProdGirl Don't get me wrong, you may very well be right, although from what Harvey posted, I see issues with Accords and with some white Pilots. It may very well happen to my MSM Passport, too. But if it does, then I'll know I made the wrong choice in trusting Honda. A car is made to be driven outside and it may well spend the other half of its life being parked outside. Don't tell me that I can only own a Passport if I own a garage, cause I call BS on that. I am not driving an exotic garage queen. I am driving a car that I thought will take me to 200K miles with minimum fuss and with only regular maintenance. I even bought the HC for it. If it doesn't then I'll move on... i know where the Toyota dealership is.

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
I can drive thru my neighborhood and there are always several cars paint that look like that. The sea air damages your paint and anything else left outside.

We probably have at least 2 trucks or cars stolen each week where I live.
And its not the ghetto. You wont find any homes for sale for less than $1M, and that’s rare.

No one ever said you couldn’t drive a Passport if you didn’t park in the garage?
You do you, park your wife’s highlander in the garage, and I’ll do me and continue to park my Honda’s in the garage.

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
Let’s not forget this.....

Some days it just doesn’t pay to live in Capistrano.
that was San Juan Cap? What is all over the car?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can drive thru my neighborhood and there are always several cars paint that look like that. The sea air damages your paint and anything else left outside.

We probably have at least 2 trucks or cars stolen each week where I live.
And its not the ghetto. You wont find any homes for sale for less than $1M, and that’s rare.

No one ever said you couldn’t drive a Passport if you didn’t park in the garage?
You do you, park your wife’s highlander in the garage, and I’ll do me and continue to park my Honda’s in the garage.
Hey, I'm not even trying to fight here. Was not implying you live in the ghetto, where does this come from?
As far as my wife's highlander... It snows here, and it does quite a bit. If her car is not in the garage, it would mean that I'd have to clean two cars before I left in the morning. Lastly, it's her car that my kids ride in... I'd rather have them stay warm in the morning than my own old ass.

·
Registered
330 Posts
@HarveyW and @ProdGirl Don't get me wrong, you may very well be right, although from what Harvey posted, I see issues with Accords and with some white Pilots. It may very well happen to my MSM Passport, too. But if it does, then I'll know I made the wrong choice in trusting Honda. A car is made to be driven outside and it may well spend the other half of its life being parked outside. Don't tell me that I can only own a Passport if I own a garage, cause I call BS on that. I am not driving an exotic garage queen. I am driving a car that I thought will take me to 200K miles with minimum fuss and with only regular maintenance. I even bought the HC for it. If it doesn't then I'll move on... i know where the Toyota dealership is.
True, but I have to repaint the house about every 5 years as the paint fades, peels etc. Now if I built a garage over my house I bet I wouldn’t have to paint it nearly as often. 😆

21 - 40 of 48 Posts