Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have had my Passport for a year now. I mostly like it -- good combination of power and MGP. But....Here is what I recommend for Honda to change in future models:
1. rear seats need more leg space. when I install the child seat their feet hit the back of front seat. Would be nice if rear seats could go back a few more inches.
2. Do you have a dog? Those 3rd seats of windows back there --- why not make them to be able to go up and down? Would be PERFECT for my dog.
3. They have that little triangular window in front. Why not make it operational like car manufacturers used to do?

Do you agree on these? What else would you recommend to Honda to make the Passport even better?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,664 Posts
re: your leg room in the back seat. I discovered just a few months ago, the seat slides back towards the cargo area. Have you tried that?

and the triangle windows would be great if they opened! My grandma had a 64 mustang that did that and I always liked the feature!

only a few features I wish were different:
1) permanently disable idle auto stop
2) moon roof screen on the inside of the car (my SIL‘s VW has this)
3) more accessible battery disconnect

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,582 Posts
Ok, I have had my Passport for a year now. I mostly like it -- good combination of power and MGP. But....Here is what I recommend for Honda to change in future models:
1. rear seats need more leg space. when I install the child seat their feet hit the back of front seat. Would be nice if rear seats could go back a few more inches.
2. Do you have a dog? Those 3rd seats of windows back there --- why not make them to be able to go up and down? Would be PERFECT for my dog.
3. They have that little triangular window in front. Why not make it operational like car manufacturers used to do?

Do you agree on these? What else would you recommend to Honda to make the Passport even better?
Hello and welcome to the Forum, I also have owned my PP for a year (last month in March). as for your recommendations:
1. I'm ok with the rear seat foot room, as I have someone in the back less than once a month.
2. My dog is 10lbs and is a lap dog and no way do I want a third row of seats (that would make the PP a Pilot).
3. That sounds cool, but since no one else is doing that, and people used to break in thru those, I don't see them coming back anytime soon.

My changes would be:
1. A 360 degree view.
2. 18" All-Terrain Wheels/Tires as an accessory
3. Slightly Wider Arm rests (2" more would be fine)
4. Room for a Full Size Spare under the rear Deck

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,664 Posts
I forgot the space for the full size spare! Yes...that would be such a peace of mind feature!

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
I believe the biggest failure is the limited Nav system.
Except for the screen my FOUR Garmin units all offer more.

·
Registered
White Diamond Pearl ****2019 Touring****
263 Posts
Hood could use more than a prop rod.
Agreed! Would be nice to have gas struts instead of prop rod.
But that being said, it is V-E-R-Y cool that prop rod fits into two different positions in the hood, yielding 'standard' hood-up position, and WOW-the-hood-is-almost-vertical hood-up position. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The color. I like my black Passport but I wish Honda would offer a wider range of colors on the Passport. A nice medium bright blue, or how about that green color that Subaru had for years. Honda CR-V's used to come in that green color. That would look very appropriate on the Passport.
And yes, a birds-eye view (overhead view) camera.

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree with the 360 degree camera and a front camera located in the grill for pull up parking and pulling into the garage.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thicker steering wheel, normal instrument cluster, cloth in the Ex trim level, quieter rear left gate warning or none at all, sunglasses holder that doesn’t have a mirror for kids, knobs for the climate controls, ability to see trip a or b on the dash instead of only the odometer, more squared/tough looking front end, an “outdoor adventure” trim level that had wheel/tire combo, tow package, roof rack, etc

·
Registered
488 Posts
Full power passenger seat that includes height adjustment.
More adjustments for the lumbar (up & down in addition to the in & out)
A simple compass above the ext temp readout that just indicates direction with letters w/o having to have the large 3D compass showing.
Same type of readout for elevation w/o having to have Nav on the center screen.
Ability to mirrors turn in when power is off. My other cars permit this.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The only thing that I wish my Touring had is a smaller price tag.
What was Honda thinking, when they decided to break thru the $30K barrier?
Volume sales is where the money is, not a short run of Thunderbirds, Prowlers, or SSRs.

Reactions: Moab Junky

·
2,582 Posts
What was Honda thinking, when they decided to break thru the $30K barrier?
I agree with you about car prices getting out of hand, I paid $12k for a brand new Prelude in 1985!

The CR-V is priced between $25k - $32.k
The Pilot is priced between $31k - $48k
And the Passport is priced between $32k-$43k or basically in the center of both of them, which makes sense it is slotted between them.

Since it features many more high end features than a CR-V, they could not price it any closer to the CR-V, without stealing away sales from the Pilot (whom it shares countless features with).

Looking at Toyota:
The RAV4 is priced between $25k - $35k
While the Highlander is priced between $34.6k - $46.8k

And if you load up a top of the line RAV4, it costs MORE than a Passport Touring, which is a total joke...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thicker steering wheel, normal instrument cluster, cloth in the Ex trim level, quieter rear left gate warning or none at all, sunglasses holder that doesn’t have a mirror for kids, knobs for the climate controls, ability to see trip a or b on the dash instead of only the odometer, more squared/tough looking front end, an “outdoor adventure” trim level that had wheel/tire combo, tow package, roof rack, etc
Hey MAtty, You can change the Gauge Cluster Screen to show your AVG MPG and Trip meter , and toggle between trip A and B. All while retaining the Odometer at the bottom.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wish i had a full Panoramic Moonroof like Landrover that goes the entire length (majority) of the roof.
I wish i had Low Speed Follow in my Honda Sensing Suite
I wish i had , whats the term, active headlamps that move with the steering input?
I wish i had a heads up Display
Last, a 360 degree camera.

Reactions: P-A-N-D-A

·
Registered
71 Posts
I really like my Passport. That said, having the auto engine idle stop turned off by default would be great or at least the ability to make that happen. I would like to see the space under the cargo area utilized better. Right now it (and the spare tire) make the flat back really high. I am sure they did what they did to make the back flat, but it could be worked differently I believe.

·
2,582 Posts
Right now it (and the spare tire) make the flat back really high. I am sure they did what they did to make the back flat, but it could be worked differently I believe.
Yeah, I wish they had made the spare tire area big enough to accommodate a full size tire & wheel. This would have reduced the amount of usable storage space under the Lid/Cover, but anyone who takes long terms, cannot feel comfortable with a tiny spare that is limited to 50mph and a 50-100 mile range, and is completely unacceptable to someone driving their PP 20 miles back off of dirt roads!

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
825 Posts
Yeah, I wish they had made the spare tire area big enough to accommodate a full size tire & wheel. This would have reduced the amount of usable storage space under the Lid/Cover, but anyone who takes long terms, cannot feel comfortable with a tiny spare that is limited to 50mph and a 50-100 mile range, and is completely unacceptable to someone driving their PP 20 miles back off of dirt roads!
There’s always the option of a spare tire hitch mount carrier.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey MAtty, You can change the Gauge Cluster Screen to show your AVG MPG and Trip meter , and toggle between trip A and B. All while retaining the Odometer at the bottom.
I know, but that area is reserved for my music. This is my first Honda where the odometer is displayed permanently. O’well

1 - 20 of 38 Posts