Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're preparing for a cross country road trip of 7000+ miles. Our 2019 Passport Elite currently has 3500 miles on it. Everything is working properly on the vehicle.

We will begin our trip September 1 and expect to return home sometime around September 22...or so.

Other than changing the oil before starting the trip, I know of nothing else I need to do to prepare for this journey.

Any comments?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Rotate tires and check pressures. Fill windshield wiper fluid container, that’s all we do before our annual pilgrimage each fall.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
645 Posts
Clean and apply a couple layer of wax on the painted surfaces and gloss black plastic trim on front half of the car. Do not get wax on black matte trim. It will help with bug clean up. I carry some microfiber towels and spray bottles of glass cleaner and premixed car wash for quick clean up when it gets bad.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We're preparing for a cross country road trip of 7000+ miles. Our 2019 Passport Elite currently has 3500 miles on it. Everything is working properly on the vehicle.

We will begin our trip September 1 and expect to return home sometime around September 22...or so.

Other than changing the oil before starting the trip, I know of nothing else I need to do to prepare for this journey.

Any comments?
Make sure you have gas in the vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't forget to check the air pressure in the spare. Might want to go ahead and have tires rotated, but be absolutely sure to have the shop verify the lug nuts are torqued properly, or better yet do it yourself if you have a torque wrench. Check coolant level, also. Might want to consider having a good flashlight/headlight, LED flares and some basic tools in case you have to change a flat at night. First aid kit not a bad idea either.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's a new vehicle, get gas and go.....
Lol that’s my thought too just go and have fun! If your tires are low the TPMS light will be on. I would check the spare pressure though like TNT said. Don’t rotate your tires at 3500 miles.. there’s no point!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lol that’s my thought too just go and have fun! If your tires are low the TPMS light will be on. I would check the spare pressure though like TNT said. Don’t rotate your tires at 3500 miles.. there’s no point!
Not exactly so on the TPMS. They typically only alert on an air pressure delta between tires. Won't tell you squat if they are all 29 PSI when they should be at 33 PSI. TPMS is NOT a replacement for checking tire pressure regularly; it's more to keep you from having a tire go dangerously low because of a failure or puncture.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Not exactly so on the TPMS. They typically only alert on an air pressure delta between tires. Won't tell you squat if they are all 29 PSI when they should be at 33 PSI. TPMS is NOT a replacement for checking tire pressure regularly; it's more to keep you from having a tire go dangerously low because of a failure or puncture.
If any ONE or ALL of the sensors drop a certain percentage it comes on. You also have a digital readout on the display of all 4 pressures.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,548 Posts
Maybe research a few Honda shops in the regions you plan to visit?
I can highly recommend a mom & pop Honda shop in Huntington Beach or Las Vegas if those are on your route?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
-Do your safety checks at EVERY fill up.
-Check the spare tire, have basic tools to change a flat as well as tools to perform other basic repairs.
-Flash lights, small cones (can be found at home depot).
-Medical kit.
-Spare 1 gallon of gas. Spare 2 gallons of water. Windshield washer fluid (the good kind).
-Towels. Wipes , Toilet Paper . Hand sanitizer
-1 QT of oil..... i know its a new car, but youd be surprised.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts