Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I live in the Boston area and make frequent ski trips to Vermont. I bought a set of used 18" Pilot wheels and I'm running Nokian Hakka R3 SUV winter tires on our Passport.
Amazing traction in really difficult conditions. Excellent braking and turning as well.

If you want one year-round all-season tire, go with a Nokian WRG4 on 18" Ridgeline wheels.
Why 18” wheels

·
Registered
41 Posts
The stock tires actually work pretty damn well with snow mode and knowing how to drive in it. Ive been in some crazy powder this winter on some serious windy mountain roads and the PP has handled like a champ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in the Boston area and make frequent ski trips to Vermont. I bought a set of used 18" Pilot wheels and I'm running Nokian Hakka R3 SUV winter tires on our Passport.
Amazing traction in really difficult conditions. Excellent braking and turning as well.

If you want one year-round all-season tire, go with a Nokian WRG4 on 18" Ridgeline wheels.

I am also running the Nokian R3's on my Passport. They are nothing short of amazing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why 18” wheels
There are a lot more 18" tires available to choose from. The price of 20" winter tires goes up very quickly. If you are putting on new rims too, that is where your options and price point open up quickly at 18". Our local Honda dealership actually leans people to 18" tires on the Passport Touring because 18" is the biggest Honda rims they carry for winter.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts