Honda Passport Forum banner

341 - 342 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
White Diamond Pearl ****2019 Touring****
264 Posts
A few minor annoying things are the the back doors and their ability to swing out wider. Really notice it putting in a car seat.
There is another thread H-E-R-E regarding changing the left rear and right rear door checker to increase opening angle.

Also bought the OEM cargo mat, I wish it stayed in place better. When I slide things in and out, it moves, which a lot of the times covers up half of the under floor storage handle.
I installed couple strips of Velcro Stick-On strips (hook side only) onto the back of the cargo mat. It grips onto the rear carpet very well for me. Suggest you only put the hook-side velcro on the portion of the mat that is forward of the built-in cover 'hinge' . . . that allows the mat to slide/rise a bit on the rear section when you lift it, making lifting easier. And no more mat sliding over the handle.

And lastly, I wish they came installed with a hitch. Having a Touring, you need to move the kick sensors. Which means I have to play with electric, and taking off bumpers on a brand new car pains me. So I rather have the dealer do it, but that means spending $900+ for basically a hitch.
Also, if you install an aftermarket hitch, such as one made by Curt or Draw-Tite, wherein removal of rear bumper is not necessary (personally don't know how well hands-free tailgate functions with an aftermarket hitch, since it lays directly below the sensor bar. As an e-trailer review stated "Excellent choice install was a breeze with no cutting needed , although the kick feature to open the lift gate does not work I wouldn’t have purchased this for their reviews said it will not interfere with this feature").
As for the OEM hitch, some members on this forum have advocated installation (and the required hands-free adapter with it's cut-to-size bracket and reduced length sensor rods) without removing the bumper. I chose to remove the bumper when installing the OEM, and it doesn't require complex effort to do so . . . more a matter of getting past the anxiety of removing a large body panel on a new vehicle. Read instructions well, take your time, and you can do it. Or pay dealer or shop of your choice to do the labor. Choose your option. :D

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
45 Posts
There is another thread H-E-R-E regarding changing the left rear and right rear door checker to increase opening angle.

I installed couple strips of Velcro Stick-On strips (hook side only) onto the back of the cargo mat. It grips onto the rear carpet very well for me. Suggest you only put the hook-side velcro on the portion of the mat that is forward of the built-in cover 'hinge' . . . that allows the mat to slide/rise a bit on the rear section when you lift it, making lifting easier. And no more mat sliding over the handle.
View attachment 7360
Also, if you install an aftermarket hitch, such as one made by Curt or Draw-Tite, wherein removal of rear bumper is not necessary (personally don't know how well hands-free tailgate functions with an aftermarket hitch, since it lays directly below the sensor bar. As an e-trailer review stated "Excellent choice install was a breeze with no cutting needed , although the kick feature to open the lift gate does not work I wouldn’t have purchased this for their reviews said it will not interfere with this feature").
As for the OEM hitch, some members on this forum have advocated installation (and the required hands-free adapter with it's cut-to-size bracket and reduced length sensor rods) without removing the bumper. I chose to remove the bumper when installing the OEM, and it doesn't require complex effort to do so . . . more a matter of getting past the anxiety a large body panel on a new vehicle. Read instructions well, take your time, and you can do it. Or pay dealer or shop of your choice to do the labor. Choose your option. :D

View attachment 7360
As for the OEM hitch, some members on this forum have advocated installation (and the required hands-free adapter with it's cut-to-size bracket and reduced length sensor rods) without removing the bumper. I chose to remove the bumper when installing the OEM, and it doesn't require complex effort to do so . . . more a matter of getting past the anxiety of removing a large body panel on a new vehicle. Read instructions well, take your time, and you can do it. Or pay dealer or shop of your choice to do the labor. Choose your option. :D
Awesome, thank you! This is a huge help. Will definitely check out these velcro strips and the door checkers.
As for the hitch, I need to read over the instructions again. From what I've seen, it looks like I need to disassemble the whole rear cargo area just for the hitch and sensor re-locator which seems a bit ridiculous. Not a fan of the aftermarket hitches since they don't mount into the bumper like the OEM one. But we shall see.

Thanks again for these suggestions.

341 - 342 of 342 Posts