Honda Passport Forum banner

301 - 320 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had my PP for only a few days, so my likes are plenty and dislikes are few. This thing is quiet! It replaced an Outback 3.6 Limited, which I thought was quiet, which it was, but the Passport is even better. Also, the sound system is fairly impressive. I do not use CarPlay, since that employs the iPhone's horrible 1-bit DAC, and the sound quality suffers. I use an outboard 24-bit DAC, which sounds tons better and takes full advantage of the sound system's abilities. I lose the song info displayed on the dash, but sound quality is more important.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've had my PP for only a few days, so my likes are plenty and dislikes are few. This thing is quiet! It replaced an Outback 3.6 Limited, which I thought was quiet, which it was, but the Passport is even better. Also, the sound system is fairly impressive. I do not use CarPlay, since that employs the iPhone's horrible 1-bit DAC, and the sound quality suffers. I use an outboard 24-bit DAC, which sounds tons better and takes full advantage of the sound system's abilities. I lose the song info displayed on the dash, but sound quality is more important.
what DAC do you use?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I’ve always thought the leather or pleather in theses appears very thin if that makes sense. I just found a few small little places on the edge of the driver’s seat where I assume something rubbed it it abrasively. About 4 small little places about the size of a dime overall where the top layer has just separated. Had a cheap couch that started out that way...Appears leather conditioner is going to have to be a monthly chore at a minimum. I’d rather had cloth. Anyway, if anyone reads this and has any repair suggestions?? It’s just small, tiny places right now. Was thinking a micro drop of super glue and just pressing the small flaps down?

·
Registered
535 Posts
How about a photo and maybe we can better recommend a remedy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the SUV a lot. Stylish and great storage. The only thing that I think befuddles me is the acceleration from a stop. It seems a little sluggish to me. It's powerful, but not quick on the gas. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel like if I have to punch it, the response is not there.
You probably already have it figured out but I just came across your comment. Make sure the green ECO button is not turned on. Also, you can try using the transmission in "Sport" mode. Press the Drive button twice to access Sport mode. This changes the way the transmission moves through the gears.

·
Registered
2019 Elite Blue
15 Posts
Owned for one year now... Only dislikes are mileage compared to my Odyssey, and garage door opener has no range. You practically have to be next to door to get it to work. It would also be nice to have automatic steering wheel adjustment for 45K.

Also have the Elite, and the tray where you can set your phone down to charge does not charge my Samsung phone.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I struggle with the charger on the Passport with my Samsung 9+ (large phone). Sometimes it begins to charge then will blink... It's a pain!

I have to ask Jackred944.... Fuel economy... how far off are your Odyssey vs. Passport? Is it 1-3 mpg different? While both vehicles weigh nearly the same, the drivetrain is much different. If you have a Passport Elite, you have AWD, something the Odyssey doesn't have... It also sits more than 3" to 4" higher off the ground than minivan. (this is HUGE for fuel economy) Not really talking apples to apples here.
I'm trying to figure out what kind of expectations do people on here have?
I'm getting like 22.5 - 23.5 MPG (measured) combined driving. Quite acceptable IMO.

From Google: The Honda Odyssey is just 4.5 inches off the ground, AWD 2019 Passport's 8.1 inches of ground clearance ...

·
Registered
2019 Elite Blue
15 Posts
I struggle with the charger on the Passport with my Samsung 9+ (large phone). Sometimes it begins to charge then will blink... It's a pain!

I have to ask Jackred944.... Fuel economy... how far off are your Odyssey vs. Passport? Is it 1-3 mpg different? While both vehicles weigh nearly the same, the drivetrain is much different. If you have a Passport Elite, you have AWD, something the Odyssey doesn't have... It also sits more than 3" to 4" higher off the ground than minivan. (this is HUGE for fuel economy) Not really talking apples to apples here.
I'm trying to figure out what kind of expectations do people on here have?
I'm getting like 22.5 - 23.5 MPG (measured) combined driving. Quite acceptable IMO.

From Google: The Honda Odyssey is just 4.5 inches off the ground, AWD 2019 Passport's 8.1 inches of ground clearance ...
Yes there is a 3-4 mpg difference.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Things you can do to help fuel economy: 1. Air you tires up to proper inflation as indicated on the tire placard on the driver door jam. 2. Light acceleration. Drive like there is a egg under your throttle foot. 3. No extended idling.
Sounds like vehicle is preforming as intended and designed. Just a case of unrealistic expectations.
At least you're not like the person on another thread complaining their Passport wasn't as thrifty as their 15 year old base Civic 5 speed manual.

Reactions: Beachbum07

·
Registered
19 Posts
The heated seats don’t seem to come on with remote start in the cold at least not the driver side. I haven’t actually sat in the passenger seat to see. I don’t think the indicate lights come on with the remote to show they are on (correct me if I’m wromg on that) but the seat is cold so I can tell they aren’t coming on. They do the random coming on once I actually push button start.
There are certain outside temperature thresholds for the remote start system to active heated or ventilated seats.
For heated I believe it’s under 40 degrees F.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
825 Posts
I don't understand why the Passport doesn't have a panoramic sunroof! :unsure::mad:
I never quite understood the purpose of a panoramic roof. Are folks in their vehicles so long that it’s really necessary? Do people really look up all of the time expecting the view to change? Plus, I would think that structural integrity would be compromised by a larger hole in the roof, especially in rollover situations. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of sunroofs. I would of deleted mine from my Elite if given the chance to order it without. In the summer the heat is unbearable and the last thing I want is Sun and Heat on my head and shoulders. In the Winter, up here in the north...when it's 0 or 10 degrees... You can feel the cold air coming down through the glass from it... even with the shade closed. Driving on a lot of freeways as I do, the noise with it open or "vented" is loud and mostly unbearable. I ask myself; Why did we buy such a quiet and sound deaden car that is equip with noise canceling only to chop a big hole in the roof? There is glare from the light coming from the roof etc... The only time I have used mine if temperate weather and either early morning or late evening. Making it worse is many of the panoramic sunroofs only have a thin vinyl curtain/ sliding shade that still emits some light. (Light filtering). These should be totally a check off option no matter what trim you want. They do effect vehicle rigidity also. Unfortunately they package this type of option in the higher trims as standard.

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
6 Posts
order a printed copy of the full owner manual and navigation manual within the first 6 months of ownership
How can you order a printed copy of the full owner manual and navigation manual within the first 6 months of ownership? In Honda.com you can buy it for $35.00 but there should be a way to have it for free. Please let me know.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How can you order a printed copy of the full owner manual and navigation manual within the first 6 months of ownership? In Honda.com you can buy it for $35.00 but there should be a way to have it for free. Please let me know.
The Dealer where you purchased your PP should get you one free of charge.

·
Registered
2019 Sport AWD
9 Posts
What I love = styling
What I hate = Price
The price aspect of “what I hate” is my fault. I could of gotten AWD Passport Sport for @ $35,000.00, which would of been great but, I love the creature comforts of the “Elite”.?
Passport Sport for 27000 plus tax an tag

you would have overpaid anyway

·
Registered
234 Posts
DTS in the search bar - pick Upgraded speakers / radio

301 - 320 of 342 Posts