Honda Passport Forum banner

What is weather proofing and why does it cost $399?

5K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Visa 
#1 ·
It’s listed on the dealer add on and equipment. I’m satisfied with my deal but this is the one item that’s bugging me.

#2 ·
It’s listed on the dealer add on and equipment. I’m satisfied with my deal but this is the one item that’s bugging me.[/QUOTE

I would ask the dealer you bought it from. Perhaps it is undercoating which is not necessary but a good $$ for dealer. Or it may be weatherproofing interior mats/ cargo cover etc,.. which is nice but a little on the expensive side.

But for anyone else buying these cars I would suggest going down line by line and asking for clarification on what your are paying for.

I would also not agree to or put a deposit firm into any deals with vague statements like....

Plus dealer adds or fees etc...

Know ahead of time what you are paying for and if they try to add anything last minute tell them no or walk away.

#3 ·
Weather proofing is $50 worth of black goo sprayed in your wheel wells and a few non-moving areas under the car, that they make good money on...

#5 ·
Biggest downside to look for is that some weather proofing comes with a strong smell that can be lasting. Probably a good idea to ask which brand they're using and do your own research on it. Consulting with other experts is gives you even more of an advantage.

#6 ·
Dealing with these issues of selling at full MSRP and adding dealer installed doodads that are 90% pure profit, does nothing but leave a bad taste in my mouth. I gave 3 local Honda dealer a shot at selling me an Elite at a reasonable price.

Between firm MSRP pricing, add-ons, doc fees, and lowballing my trade-in, I walked from all 3. Last week, I picked up a Mazda CX-5 GTR Turbo and am thrilled with it so far. It still took some haggling, but I got to what I felt was a fair deal all around.

I loved the Elite that I test drove, but not enough to throw thousands of dollars in dealer profit at it.

#7 ·
Dealing with these issues of selling at full MSRP and adding dealer installed doodads that are 90% pure profit, does nothing but leave a bad taste in my mouth. I gave 3 local Honda dealer a shot at selling me an Elite at a reasonable price.

Between firm MSRP pricing, add-ons, doc fees, and lowballing my trade-in, I walked from all 3. Last week, I picked up a Mazda CX-5 GTR Turbo and am thrilled with it so far. It still took some haggling, but I got to what I felt was a fair deal all around.

I loved the Elite that I test drove, but not enough to throw thousands of dollars in dealer profit at it.
I was interested in the cx and enjoyed driving it..just didn't have the cargo space i wanted and the tow capacity..otherwise, would have went for it.

#8 ·
It's TOO late to ask the question. Let's see: Four hundred plus tax and addition finance charges, that's about one Big Mac, with cheese, every day for about three months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.