Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,854 Posts
I just washed my very dirty Passport yesterday and used a washcloth with soapy water and rinsed water on the running boards and they were clean.

Can’t think of a product that wouldn’t leave them greasy and slippery?

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite AWD
121 Posts
I have the factory die cast metal running boards and wonder if there is a slick way of cleaning them? They don’t like sponges or microfiber cloths. It’s got too much grit for traction that I struggle cleaning them.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,854 Posts
have the factory die cast metal running boards and wonder if there is a slick way of cleaning them? They don’t like sponges or microfiber cloths. It’s got too much grit for traction that I struggle cleaning them.
What about a soft>medium bristle brush and soapy water? That’s what I use for my slim line boards.

Reactions: DudeCS and jppelec

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
423 Posts
I use a brush like this. It supposed to be a car wash brush safe for paint but I never use it on the paint. I use it on the running boards, tires( not wheels) and inside the wheel wells. I can’t remember where I purchased it but I have seen them in Pep Boys and on Amazon. It’s a very soft bristle. I have the die cast running boards also.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I pressure wash my PP, and use a brush like above on the running boards. And about 2x a year I finish off with 303 Touchless Sealant on the r boards. I've had good luck with that on paint on another vehicle so thought it would be ideal on the rough texture of the r boards. Does seem hold up well between applications.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite AWD
121 Posts
I’ll definitely try the 303. Good stuff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.