Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is a good idea to post all of us that are happy with our car & have no problems with it~
Please let us know how well you like yours???
I adore mine, really I do, just like everything about it,have never had any problems
馃嚭馃嚫馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伔鬆伂鬆伋鬆伩

Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
I have been delighted with my Passport. I am about to take my first big trip next week, and I am excited. So far, I have only gone on trips that are 100 miles or shorter.

Registered
I've been totally satisfied with mine since purchasing it in March 2019. It is #155 off the assembly line. No problems with it except the Navigation wouldn't talk to me. The center speaker connector had come loose. Quick fix at the dealer. I love the interior layout and the controls. Unlike some others I like the armrests. I do not find them too skinny as some say. No problems with the infotainment system. All other functions work fine. I'll probably keep this vehicle longer than any others I've had in the last 10-15 years.

Registered
2020 Passport Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl
Just got back from a 1,000 mile trip running around in northwest MN. Now have 3,000+ miles on the car to date (purchased in March 2020). Absolutely love it! No issues aside from one rock-chip in the windshield (grrr).

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from a 1,000 mile trip running around in northwest MN. Now have 3,000+ miles on the car to date (purchased in March 2020). Absolutely love it! No issues aside from one rock-chip in the windshield (grrr).
Now is a great time for 'get away time'

Registered
After 3 months ownership and a traded 18 CRV EX-L, I tend to think the PP 20 EX-L is just a little bigger and a less polished CRV. The CRV had options on the same trim level that aren't on the PP. I think the CRV's seats were more comfortable. There is little to distinguish the CRV/PP/Pilot from each other. I can't tell at a glance. The trans doesn't seem to be able to make up it's mind, hunting for a gear up or down hill. Overall, the PP is just so-so for me. I don't see having it for more than a couple of years. I also think I made a bad decision buying it. It's just a vehicle that gets me from A to B. I just wish I liked driving it. I keep thinking I'm a soccer mom with room for some of the team. And I'm a guy and hate soccer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your input, I had a Lexus for years then went to the Pilot, then seen the PP while getting a oil change on the Pilot, had only had the Pilot for 7 months, I traded the same day, I do love mine, I have the XL it is loaded & rides really smooth, daughter has a CRV, mine has so much more in it than hers, I like the bigger car, is it not wild how people can have different taste in the same thing, who knows you may get attached yet, smiles:oops:

Registered
I think it is a good idea to post all of us that are happy with our car & have no problems with it~
Please let us know how well you like yours???
I adore mine, really I do, just like everything about it,have never had any problems
馃嚭馃嚫馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伔鬆伂鬆伋鬆伩
We like our 2020 EX-L. Came from a 2018 Toyota RAV4 and this Is definitely bigger, wider, heavier. Ride is excellent, power is great, rear seat area is very large compared to the RAV4. Definitely a much better ride!

Registered
Yes, I have written a couple of small complaints on this forum, but they are really nothing but annoyances. That said, I really like the PP. It is either my favorite or second favorite Honda I have owned. And that places it in a tie with the very first Honda I owned which I still wish I had. Before the PP, I had a Acura TL. Granted a four door sedan vs. a PP is not fair, but that Acura used to get me so mad. I take driver safety courses for my two wheel hobby and all of them say power through a corner. I do that while driving four wheel vehicles as well. That (*^&^$ Acura would never shift at the right time which would leave me either coasting through a corner or having to floor it before a corner - both are bad options. The PP shifts much more correctly, not 100% what I would like, but so much I don't notice it most of the time.

Registered
2019 Sport Silver
I love mine, Did my research prior, saw the need, finagled a deal and have been adding bits and pieces here and there.
Have become obsessed with detailing and keeping it pristine, more than a normal average person. Average is done elsewhere. 馃お

2019 Touring: since March-2019
That (*^&^$ Acura would never shift at the right time which would leave me either coasting through a corner or having to floor it before a corner - both are bad options. The PP shifts much more correctly, not 100% what I would like, but so much I don't notice it most of the time.
That's interesting that you should mention that, as prior to my PP, I had two BMW 3-Series cars, the first one I could power into and out of corners, but the second one, which was newer, supposedly more HP, lower to the ground, a 2-door coupe, had the "M" handling package was a complete DOG accellerating out of corners, it almost felt bogged-down as the auto tranny searched to transmit the power.

As much as I can I take corners the same way in my PP, I cut in close to the curb as opposed to taking a wide track and then power out of the corner, the PP does BETTER than my my last Beemer did!

Registered
2020 Touring AWD
I'm just about to turn 4800 miles on my 2020 Touring. I really like it so far! Great mileage - avg 24.5 mpg in mixed driving since new. Only 2 to 3 annoyances - I always turn off the auto engine stop and the auto collision warning/braking system and don't use the lane keep assist. The first one just annoys me, the second one doesn't really work for 2 lane back roads and the third seems to fight me too much. All-in-all I am very happy so far.

Registered
Only 2 to 3 annoyances - I always turn off the auto engine stop and the auto collision warning/braking system and don't use the lane keep assist.
Nice that we can turn off the features we don't care for or aren't needed for the way we drive. Personally I leave most of them on, and only use lane keeping assist depending on the road.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
We like our 2020 EX-L. Came from a 2018 Toyota RAV4 and this Is definitely bigger, wider, heavier. Ride is excellent, power is great, rear seat area is very large compared to the RAV4. Definitely a much better ride!
I agree, Thank you for posting your thoughts on this, Happy we are

Registered
With the exception of my ongoing crackling speakers problem, I absolutely love my PP.

Pros:

1) The engine is a gem and runs on 87 octane
2) Comfortable and quiet
3) The gray leather seats never get too hot even in 110 degree TX sun. I can still sit down on them after working out in my gym shorts even after it has been sitting in the sun for hours.
4) One little detail a lot of people may not pick up. It is so roomy inside that the driver and passenger seats sit far away from the front and side windshields. The benefit of this that you don't feel the sun pouring in like you do in other cars.
5) Awesome HVAC. I keep mine around 80-82 in the TX summer.
6) The middle console has tons of room

Negatives:

1) Crackling speakers problem. But I guess I am glad it is happening while its under warranty
2) Transmission is slow in downshifting.

Reactions: stevenD

Registered
2020 passport elite
I haven鈥檛 had my passport long but I love it. It鈥檚 very familiar for me coming from a 19 Ridgeline black edition. The color and black accents I love. The drive and sport mode are awesome. I also really like how there is actually a ton of accessories. Didn鈥檛 have that for the Ridgeline. Biggest downside is I鈥檓 working from home so can鈥檛 enjoy driving it every day. This is defiantly a keeper for me.

2019 Touring: since March-2019
I haven鈥檛 had my passport long but I love it. It鈥檚 very familiar for me coming from a 19 Ridgeline black edition. The color and black accents I love. The drive and sport mode are awesome. I also really like how there is actually a ton of accessories. Didn鈥檛 have that for the Ridgeline. Biggest downside is I鈥檓 working from home so can鈥檛 enjoy driving it every day. This is defiantly a keeper for me.

Well it does, keep the PP mileage low, I'm working at home too (since March) but lately having been going into work, two days a week, but at 10miles round-trip, it still doesn't add many miles! I'm at 10.2k miles in 18 months!

Registered
2020 passport elite
Well it does, keep the PP mileage low, I'm working at home too (since March) but lately having been going into work, two days a week, but at 10miles round-trip, it still doesn't add many miles! I'm at 10.2k miles in 18 months!
Same here since March but won鈥檛 be going in till, well we don鈥檛 have an eta yet lol it keeps changing. Last ETA is next year. I drive 22 miles one way plus a toll one way that鈥檚 5 bucks. So I鈥檓 saving, which is great, but new awesome car that ya kinda don鈥檛 have much to go is a bummer. Like I鈥檓 looking forward to my drive to the tint shop tomorrow lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts