Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yes they are but they are designed for the led bulb and are programmed for the lower power requirement. If you want hyper flashing turn signals the just drop in led‘s Into your current Passport. If you want them to operate properly then you stick with incandescents or put an in line resistor for each led.
Yes I am very aware of all that. I was simply refering to the fact (as I said) many other new vehicles are built with LED turn signal lights.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
I can understand comparing economy, reliability, safety, drive-trains and creature comfort but come-on ...
do y'all really believe that an LED blinker is significantly better?

·
Registered
White Diamond Pearl ****2019 Touring****
264 Posts
I can understand comparing economy, reliability, safety, drive-trains and creature comfort but come-on ...
do y'all really believe that an LED blinker is significantly better?
Y-E-S
I also have OEM Honda installed LED headlights, and fog-lights, and daytime running lights, and tail-lights, and stop lights, and CMBL, and license plate light, and mirror-mounted turn signals . . . and that's just exterior lighting.
If Honda thought LEDS were a good idea, be it for meet competition, or economy, or reliability, or safety, or whatever . . . for any or all of those reasons Honda thought it was important enough to install LEDs, so YES they are significantly better.
Perhaps your Passport does not have those LED's?

Besides, Honda incandescent bulbs require regular maintenance:

⬆⬆ LED bulbs do not require this. ⬆⬆
Aftermarket manufacturers of LED do make styles that do not require separate inline resisters (cause they build it into the light assembly).
It's all about doing the research and buying quality products that work better. ;)

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
While I can appreciate LED driving lights I don't believe they offer any real value to piddling things like blinkers (have you tried Walmart blinker fluid?) or plate lights.

EDIT: my speculation only, but without a filament LEDs may have an advantage with reliability (due to my better perceived vibration resistance).

·
Read Only
394 Posts
EDIT: my speculation only, but without a filament LEDs may have an advantage with reliability (due to my better perceived vibration resistance).
They can last longer, but the key to lasting longer is installing quality parts. I like the idea of the LED's for that reason but after doing my research decided I didn't want to spend around 50 to 70 dollars to retrofit led's into something like turn signals, that includes adding the external resister.

As has been mentioned you can get bulbs with internal resisters, however the LED bulb housing, not the bulb get quite hot. The base is the heat sink. Resisters also get quite hot. When combined together in one little housing like automotive bulbs the heat degrades the bulbs and they can and as people have reported fail. When I did my research I also found that several people complained that they still had hyper flash issues with the highly recommended bulbs with internal resisters. Failures of time was also a complaint.

It would be nice if Honda went all LED, but since the only exterior bulbs in my vehicle that aren't led's are the turn signals I can live with that and use the money somewhere else.

·
Registered
312 Posts
LED’s look cool and and should be on a vehicle at this price point, imo. My ‘18 Si had led daytime running lights but halogens for the regular lights and it irked me, and the Si community at large, because of it. For an MSRP of 25500 on that vehicle I could understand. This one, can’t be pulling in without full LED all around! lol.

Anyway, in reality I have paid any attention to the blinkers.

·
Read Only
394 Posts
Who know, maybe all LED was something else the Acura Dealers were whining about, like the 360 camera view. They had to have something to sell their overpriced Honda knockoffs so they wouldn't be exact clones.

·
Registered
264 Posts
360-degree camera view would be very nice to have, perhaps as an upgrade feature on Elite models.

And they are available on many SUVs from other manufacturers, and with exception of the Highlander, they are all priced lower than Honda Passport:
Toyota Highlander, Toyota Rav4, Nissan Rogue, VW Tiguan, Chevrolet Equinox, Hyundai Santa Fe, Hyundai Tucson, Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class, Mitsubishi Outlander, Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross.

But some owners don't think LEDs are worth the extra price either ;)

Reactions: KMC

·
Registered
29 Posts
360-degree camera view would be very nice to have, perhaps as an upgrade feature on Elite models.
My mom's Santa Fe has the 360 camera and I didn't realize how handy that feature is until I drove it. Plus it has a forward looking parking camera and the parking sensors actually work for things directly in front of the car, not just to the sides in the front. The Passport really is behind on these specific items.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I never had problems parking, or care for LED's except for head lights, I'm old school I guess.... I wanted to get away from the turbo and the PP was a good choice. The lights are very good and even better than my CRV Touring.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
A number of newer vehicles have LED turn signals, including the Passport's little brother the CR-V, so there is no technical reason for the lack of LED turn signals. Also it's not a matter of less power drain on the electrical system. LED lights are brighter and more eye-catching than incandescents so in my opinion add a safety factor.
Could we put the CRV LED turn signal lights in our Passports?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Could we put the CRV LED turn signal lights in our Passports?
Sure you can. Many discussions on this forum regarding aftermarket LED bulbs:
Rear Turn Signals: Lasfit 7440 7441 W21W WY21W CANBUS Anti Hyper Flash LED Turn Signal Amber Bulbs, or equivalent.
Front Turn Signals: Lasfit 7443 7444 CANBUS Error Free LED Turn Signal Light Anti Hyper Flash Amber Yellow Bulbs, or equivalent.

However, this thread is what could be realistically be included in 2021 version. Honda already has brighter & reliable LED turn signals in some of its other vehicles.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts