Honda Passport Forum banner
201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
293 Posts
2013 Ford Escape and sold 2014 Ford f150 and purchased two Passports, one for me and one for the wife. Done with Fords!

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
39 Posts
Sold a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium to Carmax as none of the local Honda dealers could come even close to the crazy price Carmax was offering to buy it for. Wife sold her Accord to Carmax last month, also at a price almost 4K higher than the local dealer group could come up with (she bought a 2022 CRV EX-L).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sold a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium to Carmax as none of the local Honda dealers could come even close to the crazy price Carmax was offering to buy it for. Wife sold her Accord to Carmax last month, also at a price almost 4K higher than the local dealer group could come up with (she bought a 2022 CRV EX-L).
My wife and I did similar today. Sold our 2019 Passport to CarMax. Got actually $15 more than what a new 2021 costs of the same exact trim (not counting tax and license fees of course). Crazy! The 2021 will arrive in a few days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey All,

Have an appointment tomorrow to check out a 2020 Black Passport EX at my local Honda dealer to hopefully trade in my 2018 BMW X1. In addition to $200.00 oil changes, I spent $577.00 last month on a BMW tune up, and I can't keep up with the expensive maintenance.

What can any of you tell me about the passport? I viewed the test drive videos and read the reviews and am leaning toward the black one but am I picking the wrong color?

I have owned a 1997 Honda Civic and have also owned a 2014 Honda Accord sport coupe. My daughter just bought a 4 DOOR Civic EX and that thing is ROOMY!!!! I LOVE THE DEPENDABILITY OF HONDAS. Always had a good experience with them.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,392 Posts
What can any of you tell me about the passport? I viewed the test drive videos and read the reviews and am leaning toward the black one but am I picking the wrong color?
hello and welcome, all I can say is that I drove 2 different 3-series BMW's in the 16 years prior to me buying my Passport and am quiet satisfied...

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
293 Posts
Hey All,

Have an appointment tomorrow to check out a 2020 Black Passport EX at my local Honda dealer to hopefully trade in my 2018 BMW X1. In addition to $200.00 oil changes, I spent $577.00 last month on a BMW tune up, and I can't keep up with the expensive maintenance.

Love my black pp!

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
39 Posts
to hopefully trade in my 2018 BMW X1. ,
Linda, if you have a CarMax near you I'd highly recommend getting your X1 appraised there. I have repeatedly found over the last 9 months or so of my own buying and selling, and helping a handful of others with theirs, that CarMax (and Carvana) is often offering quite a bit more than dealers on your trades (on a direct sale of your vehicle to them). As mentioned in this thread my wife got $4K more for her trade by selling it to CarMax than the dealer would offer after quite a bit of negotiation. My own Outback I sold to Carmax for the same reason, a few thousand more than the dealer could get close to, even with sales tax rebate (a NV thing) on a trade-in for sale.

I've helped some others and sent some others to CarMax and in only one instance was the dealer able to offer a comparable deal on a trade. Takes about 45min for an appraisal, and I think it is time well invested when you walk into the dealer with that number in hand (both as a negotiating point, and an option to sell for more money in your pocket). Yes, it does add another step to buying a vehicle, but I'm always a fan of having more $Ks in my pocket. A few hundred? Convenience of the trade in. A few thousand? That makes it worth the time to me :)

You can also go on Carvana and get a base quote for what they will buy it from you for. I will say that in both of my recent buying/selling that CarMax was able to beat (in actual cash to me) Carvana by a few hundred to several hundred both times. And, again, both well above what the dealer would offer in trade.

201 - 212 of 212 Posts