Honda Passport Forum banner
1481 - 1500 of 1507 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,945 Posts
My wife's grandparents used to own a large home along the coast near Newport OR.
Beautiful place, but very isolated.
Personally I wouldn't miss any of those things, what you've gained is worth so much more.
Wow! Now that’s crazy since this is so small town. Do you know about where the home was at?
It has its perks. No traffic and no crime are what I love!
But the lack of resources and people who want to work is terrible!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Put gas in it for the first time, forgetting that this thing has a 19.5-gallon/74-liter fuel tank, which is quite a bit more than our 2016 CR-V and the 2020 GMC Terrain I traded in. Even with $0.47/gallon off thanks to reward points, it still cost over $60 to fill. C'est la vie. At least it uses 87 octane.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I just replaced mine with OEM, but I also applied a windshield treatment called Crystal Fusion. That application seems to allow the wipers to sweep with little to zero friction from the windshield. Would recommend. Wisconsin here
I have found that OEM wipers always perform better and last longer than aftermarket. I have had no luck with Costco wipers. OEM full replacement wipers can be pretty expensive. I just buy the blades and replace them myself. They run about $10 ea. Can be a little tricky the first time, but a 15 minute job after that.

·
Premium Member
2019 Passport Elite
176 Posts
I have found that OEM wipers always perform better and last longer than aftermarket. I have had no luck with Costco wipers. OEM full replacement wipers can be pretty expensive. I just buy the blades and replace them myself. They run about $10 ea. Can be a little tricky the first time, but a 15 minute job after that.
Unlike yourself, I've had great luck with COSTCO wipers. $6.99 each is a great price.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have had a set from Costco on my accord for about 2 years and they're still in good shape. Can't remember if they're Michelin or goodyear. Just clean them now and then and reset them so they don't stay seated in the downstroke position for too long. Have 2 more sets for PP and wife's car waiting

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tested disabling Adaptive Cruise Control (switching to Cruise Mode). What a welcome experience not having the ACC hit the brakes constantly if traffic is nearby. The nice thing about it is that it stays on Cruise Mode after shutting the car off.

For those that don't know how to enable Cruise Mode and want to try it:
1. Turn on the Main so ACC and LKAS are lit up.
2. Press and Hold the button on the right for setting the ACC following distance
To switch back to ACC mode repeat step 2

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport EX-L
71 Posts
Put the winters on. Later than usual, but the mild weather this far into November has been nice. Long range forecast shows some cooler weather and maybe even a bit of snow this week.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

Here’s a photo of both vehicles ready to go. We use the Passport as our family car and my wife’s commuter. CRV is mine and great for quick little errand runs.

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Land vehicle

·
Registered
757 Posts
Put the winters on. Later than usual, but the mild weather this far into November has been nice. Long range forecast shows some cooler weather and maybe even a bit of snow this week.
View attachment 16465

Here’s a photo of both vehicles ready to go. We use the Passport as our family car and my wife’s commuter. CRV is mine and great for quick little errand runs.

View attachment 16466
I love those cool Ridgeline wheels you have on your Passport but I've only seen them is a shade of gunmetal or gray before now. Did you powder coat them black?

·
Registered
'22 Sonic Gray Pearl Trailsport
39 Posts
Thursday I had Ziebart undercoating, rustproofing and paint protection done. I kept my '95 Ram until it rusted out enough to not pass instection. 190K on the clock and it sat parked 5 months a year while I was deployed. The other car is an '08 Element I still own but its days are numbered due to rust. There's a good possibility Polly will be the last car I buy.

Over the weekend I installed the folding cargo tray, second row seat- back protectors, and cargo side panel protectors. I didn't use tape or a pilot drill, just kined up the panels, drilled the first hole, installed the snap to hold the panel in place and drilled the rest all at once keeping an eye on the panel's position. All went well and took less than an hour.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Items needed: trim piece, vinyl, alcohol to clean, felt edged vinyl squeege, new razor blade, heat gun and lots of patience.

Have not finished yet... planning on completing this later today. 2nd wrap project I've attempted. Wrapping this piece is not very easy. The flat areas are simple. It's the combo of flat and the raised areas that make this hard. Initially, I did the top area first, but as I started the raised areas, I realized I should have started in the middle with the raised areas and worked outward toward the left/right edges. Peeled what i had done, heated vinyl to bring back to shape and started over.

Squeege flat area of center raised area, heat vinyl slightly, stretch slightly and squeege into recessed areas. Repeat and move onto next. It won't be perfect, but I'm ok with how it looks so far.

Got the trim piece from HKJoo off forum marketplace; installed Honda hitch and trim and was giving this trim piece away, just paid shipping. Got Vvivid metallic white vinyl off Amazon for ~$13; not an exact match to platinum white pearl, but close enough for me. Have enough extra I may wrap the gloss black interior shifter to see how it looks. Not a fan of carbon fiber. Wanted to have option to change black trim to white and back if I wanted to. Have instructions for replacing trim piece from college hills Honda. Am going to try to switch without removing bumper, if possible, over holiday. Also price paid and work involved is better than ~$250 for a paint matching piece.

Hope this long post helps

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Sport
82 Posts
Installed and wired to wireless controller my led pod lights. Original colour was agren I did not like, bought a sheet of orange vinyl from Lamin x and cut out to fit on lenses. Colour turned out great.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Finished up the wrap. Far from perfect. The last I did was right side and that took me just as long as the rest of it. Learned quite a bit. Have orange peel showing in a few spots on right from stretching. But I'm ok with how it came out. Now just have to put it on, which will probably be more difficult unless I remove bumper. Going to try not removing first.
Rectangle Material property Tints and shades Automotive exterior Composite material

1481 - 1500 of 1507 Posts