Honda Passport Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1507 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cursed the Honda engineers as I changed the oil today. Managed to this time not get any oil spilled while removing the oil filter. What a dumb place to put the filter. I am at 42,000 miles and have maint code A17 displayed. Guess I am due for brake fluid change. I'll schedule that at the same time they fixed the static with the audio system in two weeks. Also, ready for new tires. Since I run snow tires, I'll replace the tires when my tire guy puts on the Blizzacks. Looking to install Pirelli Scopion AS Plus 3 instead of replacing with the same OEM tires. I will have to see how many ,miles i got on my OEM tires since the full 42,000 is not one them completely.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cursed the Honda engineers as I changed the oil today. Managed to this time not get any oil spilled while removing the oil filter. What a dumb place to put the filter. I am at 42,000 miles and have maint code A17 displayed. Guess I am due for brake fluid change. I'll schedule that at the same time they fixed the static with the audio system in two weeks. Also, ready for new tires. Since I run snow tires, I'll replace the tires when my tire guy puts on the Blizzacks. Looking to install Pirelli Scopion AS Plus 3 instead of replacing with the same OEM tires. I will have to see how many ,miles i got on my OEM tires since the full 42,000 is not one them completely.
I'm not suggesting putting off scheduled maintenance but this may be a worthwhile tool to see if you brake fluid actually needs to be changed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not suggesting putting off scheduled maintenance but this may be a worthwhile tool to see if you brake fluid actually needs to be changed.
thanks for the reply. If I still worked for the power plant, we had our very own oil testing lab. We tested the oils for our transformers, turbines, etc. The engineer who ran the lab knew his lubricants, fluids, etc. WAY smarter than i will ever be. I would have loved to taken a sample of the brake fluid to him for analysis and see what he says. He was a big proponent of syn oils. After meeting him, i switched all of my vehicles to syn oil.

·
Registered
87 Posts
thanks for the reply. If I still worked for the power plant, we had our very own oil testing lab. We tested the oils for our transformers, turbines, etc. The engineer who ran the lab knew his lubricants, fluids, etc. WAY smarter than i will ever be. I would have loved to taken a sample of the brake fluid to him for analysis and see what he says. He was a big proponent of syn oils. After meeting him, i switched all of my vehicles to syn oil.
If your so inclined Blackstone labs does oil analysis. This conversation made me go out with my brake fluid tester and check my vehicles, all were under 1% moisture/water including my 1996 Civic with 284K miles. I live in the desert.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I haven't posted any pics of mine yet, so here goes :

I sold my '12 Civic Si Coupe as well as my '19 Accord Sport and upgraded my wife from Passport EX-L to Pilot SE. I then took on her Passport and have loved it so far. Just got back from the Smoky Mountains and a trip down the Dragon in it.

View attachment 16322
View attachment 16323
Seems you already putting your own identity on the Passport after taking it from your wife.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,945 Posts
Bought another set of windshield wipers today. Last purchase was 2/2022, OReilly Autoparts said the last set was top of the line and getting 8-10 months out of them is normal here. Any PNW Passport’ers with advice? I did the alcohol wipe across the blade several times and it didn’t help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought another set of windshield wipers today. Last purchase was 2/2022, OReilly Autoparts said the last set was top of the line and getting 8-10 months out of them is normal here. Any PNW Passport’ers with advice? I did the alcohol wipe across the blade several times and it didn’t help.
I just replaced mine with OEM, but I also applied a windshield treatment called Crystal Fusion. That application seems to allow the wipers to sweep with little to zero friction from the windshield. Would recommend. Wisconsin here

·
Premium Member
2019 Passport Elite
176 Posts
I just get mine from COSTCO when they are on sale. $7 each is a great price for good wipers...

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
839 Posts
This won't help to extend life of your wipers if it has already reached end of life, but may help for your new set. Expensive stuff, but try P21S Winshield Washer Booster (available on Amazon). Small bottle will last a long time. Add prescribed amount to a bottle of inexpensive blue windshield washer fluid rated for your winter temperatures.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,945 Posts
I just get mine from COSTCO when they are on sale. $7 each is a great price for good wipers...
Oh the little things in life like Costco, Target, In-N-Out Burger I miss.
Costco is 62 miles away, so I let my membership expire. It didn’t make sense to keep it for as little as I went after moving here a year ago.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh the little things in life like Costco, Target, In-N-Out Burger I miss.
Costco is 62 miles away, so I let my membership expire. It didn’t make sense to keep it for as little as I went after moving here a year ago.
My wife's grandparents used to own a large home along the coast near Newport OR.
Beautiful place, but very isolated.
Personally I wouldn't miss any of those things, what you've gained is worth so much more.

1461 - 1480 of 1507 Posts