Honda Passport Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1383 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Touring AWD
19 Posts
Installed a new CV boot today. Torn while trying to install the traxda 2” lift, I’d say I can take apart this knuckle assembly with my eyes closed at this point.
Shoe Gas Personal protective equipment Human leg Metal
Automotive tire Rim Gas Automotive wheel system Personal protective equipment
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Engineering

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nicely done… though you said you tore yours during install, I’m at 1.5” of lift and curious how the boots hold up over time. This job doesn’t look incredibly terrible, though not sure I’m brave enough with my skill level to attempt it myself.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
586 Posts
Decided to install some dash cams and went with Garmin's Dash Cam Mini 2 for both front and rear. Front install was breeze, used the Dongar adapter for power off the mirror. The rear took a little more time. Mounted the cam center at the top of the window and fished the supplied UBS cord under the top trim, through the cable boot, down the C pillar, and then behind the cargo panel. Picked up a DC converter module to 5V USB output power adapter and tapped the wires to the accessory power socket in the cargo panel.
I like these camera because their small and don't create any distraction because there is no screen to them, and automatically start recording as soon as I start the vehicle. I went with 64 GB micro SD cards which they will roll over when filled yet can save video or audio should there be detection of a hit or a voice command to do so.

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
160 Posts
Decided to install some dash cams...
After an accident many years ago where some fool passed me in a residential neighbor hood, running a stop sign in the processes, t-boning another truck in an intersection (badly injuring the driver and passenger) then ending up in someone's front yard (then claimed that I 'ran him off the road'). Two years of BS later it was finally settled in my favor (even though the officer at the scene said he knew the person way lying and the physical evidence didn't add up). After that BS I decided I was never, ever going to be out in my car or one of my bikes and have to deal with that crap again.

Twice since then those cameras have come in handy. Once some crazy person was passing in the inside emergency lane on the freeway, bounced off where the concrete divider widens for the freeway lighting and hit another car. I stopped to make sure they were alright. When the police arrived the 'passing in the emergency lane' idiot claimed the other person hit him driving him into the emergency lane. Nope. Uh uh. Called the officer over and showed him the video. Idiot went to jail.

Another time I was at a red light with lane to my left open. Cars were making a left hand turn in front of us when this car blasts past me on my left (in the open lane) and gets hit by one of the cars turning left (that had the right of way). Again I pulled over to make sure they were alright and the guy that blew through the red light tried to tell the officer that arrived that the other person made an illegal left hand turn and that he had had a green light. Nope. Uh uh. "Can you I show you something officer?".

While it doesn't make up for two years of BS it makes me feel better that at least two other people don't have to go through that crap due to lying asshats.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Decided to install some dash cams and went with Garmin's Dash Cam Mini 2 for both front and rear. Front install was breeze, used the Dongar adapter for power off the mirror. The rear took a little more time. Mounted the cam center at the top of the window and fished the supplied UBS cord under the top trim, through the cable boot, down the C pillar, and then behind the cargo panel. Picked up a DC converter module to 5V USB output power adapter and tapped the wires to the accessory power socket in the cargo panel.
I like these camera because their small and don't create any distraction because there is no screen to them, and automatically start recording as soon as I start the vehicle. I went with 64 GB micro SD cards which they will roll over when filled yet can save video or audio should there be detection of a hit or a voice command to do so.
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 is a very good choice, small and unobtrusive, you can review recordings on your phone and the video quality is perfect for it's function. Every review I've read have rated it 4.5 out of a maximum 5.
I bought two for the wife's Passport with polarized filter to reduce glare (most of her morning freeway drive is directly facing the sun) but I've not gotten round to installing them yet because I've been traveling. I know mounting the rear will be more involving but @Gray_Beard I will be following your steps. Can you please share the brand/type of the DC converter module you used for the rear? I already have the Dongar adapter for the front.

Audio equipment Gadget Font Electronic device Headphones

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
586 Posts
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 is a very good choice, small and unobtrusive, you can review recordings on your phone and the video quality is perfect for it's function. Every review I've read have rated it 4.5 and of a maximum 5.
I bought two for the wife's Passport with polarized filter to reduce glare (most of her morning freeway drive is directly facing the sun) but I've not gotten round to installing them yet because I've been traveling. I know mounting the rear will be more involving but @Gray_Beard I will be following your steps. Can you please share the brand/type of the DC converter module you used for the rear? I already have the Dongar adapter for the front.

View attachment 15059
I also have a polarized filter for the front cam, held off on the one for the rear being it's behind the privacy glass. In fact I set the exposure to +1 on the rear to lighten the video. Below are links to Amazon for the module and splice lugs that make install much easier.

DC Converter Module
T-Tap

Reactions: fx_chip

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hooked up to & pulled a trailer for the first time with our Storm Trooper today. Grandpa's turn to haul some furniture to NWMSU for our oldest grandson tomorrow morning.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
276 Posts
@JLH nice… I’ve thought about buying one of those trailers for hauling our camping stuff. Not because I can’t fit it all on the Passport, but more because with a trailer I wouldn’t have to pack the car every time and could just store it all in the trailer, and have an easier time getting everything.

Reactions: JLH

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Touring AWD
19 Posts
Finished up the Traxda 2” lift.

After learning my lesson trying to install the front Traxda lift, I bit the bullet and took it to (likely) the most experienced Honda lift installer in SoCal.

I had called Aldo a few times with questions regarding the install, and by the end of my phone calls I knew I’d be making the trip up to his shop from San Diego ~100 miles. I’d say customer service is the best marketing and will definitely be back for 17”s + axle relocation kit install.

BTW, Aldo stocks traxda lifts and relocation kits. Give him a call and get it done all at once.
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Wheel Sky
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Sky

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,871 Posts
Cleaned the inside again because it’s STILL raining!🤣

Reactions: CHEFERMAN65

·
Registered
89 Posts
Installed Idlestopper. Was a bit of a pain. Cut knuckles on both hands on the metal in console trying to unplug/plug. Checked to make sure it worked before reassembling. Cords aren't long enough to zip tie the box to the metal, so it's just laying there. If it rattles, I'll figure something out. Recommend putting a washcloth or towel between black plastic and whatever being used to pry up the wireless charger or that area, to keep from scratching anything. I had 4 towels out and ready to keep everything nice and scratch free. Lay 1 towel in top of shifter area to set wireless charger until unplugged. Then towels on sides of center console to keep all other areas from scratching. Also recommend wearing gloves to protect knuckles from cuts.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,871 Posts
Super cleaned the inside and OUTSIDE because we have no rain in the 7 day forecast! 🎉🤣

·
Registered
276 Posts
Waited for almost 4 hours at the dealer to do a simple oil change and tire rotation. I had an appointment as a waiter too. Not sure if they were just short staffed or what but no way I’m going back there next time. I didn’t say anything, but they probably don’t want to send me a survey.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
803 Posts
Punctures in two different relatively new tires with slow leaks. First puncture from a visit to a lumber yard that was repairable. Second puncture was from a road trip a few weeks ago that cannot be repaired (on the edge of the tread). Road Hazard insurance covered the cost of repair and replacement, yay! Learned that the local Firestone shop has negotiated rates if tire was purchased from TireRack... $14 vs $27 for mounting and balancing, yay!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Automotive design

1361 - 1380 of 1383 Posts