Honda Passport Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1383 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
At the dealer. Getting my driver headlamp replaced under warranty. Moisture in the housing. Already at 33,500 miles on the 2020. Have not read about anyone else having this same problem. No hole/ crack in the surface you can see. Must be at a seam on the housing.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,871 Posts
No rain for 5 days = super wash and ceramic protective coats to paint and glass. But I noticed these weird spots on the hood which also has the Xpel PPF on it.

I applied the ceramic paint protectant and waited the 20 minutes and buffed it off and they still won’t go away. How long should I wait until I try using something else on it?

And my windows had really bad water spots from rain, sun, sea air, wind, etc…do I just use one application of the glass coating?

M
Sky Tints and shades Asphalt Font Circle

Bottle Drinkware Glass bottle Tableware Barware

Land vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

Reactions: Uncle Gloomy

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
^ Are they water spots or maybe pitch ?

If it might be pitch put a drop of hand sanitizer on it, let it sit for a minute then wipe off and reapply protectant
Not sure.It’s not sticky though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Are all the water spots gone on the glass? If so, I would put a second coat on. 20 minutes is long enough to wait unless the humidity is pretty high. Now don't forget to keep it dry for at least 24 hours... How did the clay bar go?

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Are all the water spots gone on the glass? If so, I would put a second coat on. 20 minutes is long enough to wait unless the humidity is pretty high. Now don't forget to keep it dry for at least 24 hours... How did the clay bar go?
It took several attempts to get all the water off the glass. Rain is now back on Monday, so I just added another coat to the glass.

And I think those spots on the hood are under the PPF?

The paint is super slick after putting the ceramic paint sealant on too!

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Well, day 1 with the rain and the water just beaded off my Passport and the windows! 🎉👍🏻

I don’t recall you mentioning how often I’ll need to apply these products? Or will it just be obvious that it’s ready. If it’s every 6 months or so, I’ll probably reapply after summer before we get into the next super rain season in November-December-ish!

Reactions: Gatorgibson and JLH

·
Registered
41 Posts
Went to Discount Tires today to get my “back ordered“ hub rings installed. I was watching their “technician“ started putting adapter blocks under the passport. I was wondering “WTH? Why is it awkw positioned in the middle”. He then started lifting it. He checked then lowered it and used the regular jacks. He knew he Fd up big time. There is a lift point for a reason @discounttire. I showed it to them and they’ll be replacing the bottom plastic 🤦🏽‍♂️
Water Automotive tire Wood Automotive design Grey

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
160 Posts
Went to Discount Tires today to get my “back ordered“ hub rings installed. I was watching their “technician“ started putting adapter blocks under the passport.... He then started lifting it...He knew he Fd up big time. There is a lift point for a reason @discounttire.
/facepalm

Seriously, how new must this guy be not to know about jack points? Every brand of vehicle I've had for the last few decades has had them... 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
41 Posts
/facepalm

Seriously, how new must this guy be not to know about jack points? Every brand of vehicle I've had for the last few decades has had them... 🤦‍♂️
The passport is not even lifted. Im not sure why he needed to use an adapter to lift it🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have only had mine for about 8 days. We vinyl wrapped the center console since the shiny black paint would scratch too easily. We also removed the dealer added pin stripes...yeah, no thanks. Supposed to get my windows tinted but we are under evacuation due to the impending hurricane so I am pretty bummed that may not happen tomorrow. View attachment 3872
This looks great, Do you know which Vivid Carbon fiber wrap you used?

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
586 Posts
Reactions: Uncle Gloomy

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
586 Posts
Installed the Idlestopper this evening. Easy installation with the exception of getting that plug off the back of the accessory power socket, that was a PITA. 🤬
But works great, off as default after starting vehicle. Yet if you want to save some gas just push the button and notice of the display will tell you that the idle stop is engaged. (y)
And it's designed and manufactured in the USA! 🇺🇸🍺

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,550 Posts
I installed new Windshield Wipers!

Went with The Rain-X Latitude Series, very highly rated on Amazon for the fronts (24" & 26") and went with a 16" Bosch for the rear.

My original wiper blades lasted OVER 3 years and considering my PP sits outside, I was very happy with the OEM blades, hope these replacements last that long.

One other trick I have been doing, is treating my windshield AND wiper blades with Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating, it is silicone based and keeps the windshield super slick and keeps the blades from drying out...

Cheers!

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
160 Posts
Yesterday I finally primed and painted the exhaust shield I fabbed up a few weeks back. Drilled and thread tapped the Exo Swing Base yesterday as well (1/4x20 threading). Installed it this morning. The lower right pic is off center to the left. The exhaust actually sits pretty much squarely behind the shield. Picked a satin paint, but it looks more matte. Might repaint it with a higher gloss. Now I need to drop the Exo Gear Locker on and go test it when it gets hotter this afternoon. Also painted the stainless bolts / washers black after the install (not pictured, sorry).

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive design

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cleaned inside PP and worked on vinyl wrapping body side moldings.

Then worked on the accord. Replaced valve cover gasket, tube seals, pcv valve and plugs. Pressure washed valve cover while off. Lots of oil build up from gaskets leaking over the years. Got rid of most of the paint that was flaking off the top. Should have primed and panted it, but oh well. Took way longer than it should have. But saved money on labor.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Touring AWD
19 Posts
Hey all, first post.

I got around to installing my
3/4” BORA wheel spacers yesterday

Here is a pic of the day afterI got it, vs yesterday after the install. Definitely wanted to keep it on the subtler side, but match the offset of some of the aftermarket wheel options.

It did require trimming the wheel studs with a grinder, but it was an easy job that made most of the afternoon. When the time comes to get different wheels, I will replace the wheel studs with OEM spec studs, and go from there.
Specs:
2019 Passport Touring, OEM rims
265/50/20 Toyo Open Country ATIII
BORA wheel spacers, 3/4” (19mm)

Lights:
No-Lo designs ditch light bracket
Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport

Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Hubcap

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

Reactions: ggweci

·
Registered
276 Posts
@Glockamole what size tires are you running? Looks awesome. Did you trim your wheel wells or is the rubbing not awful?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport AWD EX-L (Adventure-b)
22 Posts
Share what you did today with the Honda Passport community!

Example: Went ot the dealership and picked up my brand new Honda Passport!

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Detailed the the interior and applied leather protectant on the seats.

Anything goes!
Share what you did today with the Honda Passport community!

Example: Went ot the dealership and picked up my brand new Honda Passport!

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Detailed the the interior and applied leather protectant on the seats.

Anything goes!

1341 - 1360 of 1383 Posts