Honda Passport Forum banner
1321 - 1340 of 1383 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,871 Posts
Installed the same Photodon 25% Anti-Glare Screen Protector as JArcher21 and ProdGirl if memory serves me right. Followed the same procedure and very happy with the results. Photo does it no justice, took it while in the garage with the sun shinning in. Wife and I drove over to see my Mom this afternoon and drove back tonight and it's amazing how much glare was always on the screen, this makes viewing more pleasurable.
It was one of the best quick fixes I did. Those fingerprints gave me the same anxiety as the outside of my Passport here in The PNW!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I was just annoyed at the lack of ground clearance with it on.
I don't think your approach angle increased by more than an inch or two. You may also want to consider that wind will now have more purchase with the undercarriage of the vehicle at highway speeds, which will increase wind noise in the cabin.

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
160 Posts
Used some scrap sheet aluminum that a friend gave me (from some aftermarket undercarriage plates from a 350Z or G35 I think) to fabricate an exhaust shield for my Yakima Exo. As luck would have it the Exo lines up pretty much right behind the passenger side exhaust. There's a rubber-coated part and some wiring right there at the end (just tucked inside) that I think needed a bit of heat protection. I've seen a few threads elsewhere of folks that have melted rubber/plastic parts when their hitch accessory was right in line with the exhaust.

Just got it cut, trimmed, bent, and tapped for a mock-up today. I'll be attaching it to the exo with some worm clamps for a test drive around to see how it affects temps on the Exo parts. Then, I'll get it sanded, smoothed, and painted gloss black to match the Exo. Then tap the Exo to attach it with 4 shorty 10mm bolts.

Bandsaws Wood Floor Milling Rectangle

Air gun Trigger Bumper Motor vehicle Shotgun

Set up so that the gate swings open with full clearance of the shield.

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
160 Posts
Because I can never leave well enough alone.

I've had an idea rattling around for a simpler design for the exhaust heat shield I fabbed up the other day. Just had to work through the cuts and bend that I need to make it have proper fitment around the hinge on the Exo Base. Much simpler, but probably not as good from a conducted heat standpoint. Should do well on direct heat, however.

Now that I've got it mocked up for proper fitment I can go back and trim down a few dimensions, round off the edges, deburr and prep for pain.

Automotive tire Sleeve Mode of transport Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
160 Posts
What a stupid placement for the oil filter. Gets a F in my book and I am a mechanical engineer by profession.
Heh, you should have seen the filter location on the 8th Gen Civic Si. You needed extra joints in your forearms, or had to take off the passenger front tire to get to it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Heh, you should have seen the filter location on the 8th Gen Civic Si. You needed extra joints in your forearms, or had to take off the passenger front tire to get to it.
That is what i currently do with the Passport - I remove the passenger front tire to get better access to the filter - but when you use the special Honda tool to take the filter off, there is no room for a torque wrench to "tighten the filter" to the stated torque setting. So, what is the purpose of a torque setting when there is no way to set it? It is just plain stupid. I have spent my life designing machines and always take into account how will this be taken apart in the field. I hated the placement of the filter in the 1986 Acrua Integra - center of the car, about one whole arm length upward - there was no way to NOT get oil running down your arm. Must be the same engineer. Or the Acrua engineer taught the Honda engineer. :)

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
586 Posts
Actually it was yesterday, finally got around to putting together a Saris Freedom EX-2 bike rack. I like this one because we have fenders on the bikes and this one has a cradle that holds the center of the frame. Plus this rack can be tilted down to get in the hatch with the bikes mounted and when to bikes aren't mounted it can be folded in and still access the rear hatch. This photo is somewhat deceiving, the bikes are no wider than the vehicle.

Wheel Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

1321 - 1340 of 1383 Posts