Honda Passport Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1219 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
420 Posts
Gave her the attention she so desperately craved, then admired it. :)

Yes, I cleaned my clean (or what my neighbor's believe to be a clean) vehicle...😌

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
420 Posts
I like my new Cover King seat covers. Great fit, not too hard to install. I didn't like some others that maybe looked better but didn't have opening for side impact air bags mounted in seat back. They say they work fine with seat heating and cooling - I've not tried either yet. View attachment 12028
Love it, congratulations.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Tried to drive it. Dead battery.
Had to use steel key to get inside and pop the hood.
I know there's been a lot of discussion around the batteries dying. Is it because something is draining them when not being driven or is it bad batteries from the factory, or something else?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I know there's been a lot of discussion around the batteries dying. Is it because something is draining them when not being driven or is it bad batteries from the factory, or something else?
You're right,
We've had 3 low battery alerts and no help from Honda.

Drove the car 370 miles 2 days prior??

·
Registered
267 Posts
My wife’s old Acura TL only had one issue in the 13 years we owned it, which was the phone through the cars audio system would never shut off killing her battery. We took in to our mechanic and just had him disconnect it because she never used it anyways.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I installed a new sport rack roof box today. I prefer the shape of a Thule brand or the OEM (made by Thule) but I couldn't wait the weeks/months back order time as I am leaving for vacation this Friday. I am going to take it on it maiden voyage from western PA to OBX so I will report back as to how it does.

BTW: I did find out the SportRack is owned/made by Thule.

Here is a pic...

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I like my new Cover King seat covers. Great fit, not too hard to install. I didn't like some others that maybe looked better but didn't have opening for side impact air bags mounted in seat back. They say they work fine with seat heating and cooling - I've not tried either yet. View attachment 12028
Seat cover works with ventilated seats? Does it have all the holes to pass the air through?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,708 Posts
Seat cover works with ventilated seats? Does it have all the holes to pass the air through?
Thanks
I got the Coverking poly cotton seat covers and can feel a little puff of air on my backside in the 2nd fan speed.

Reactions: Passporter

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
676 Posts
Replaced front rotors with raybestos performance...... I was having a slight braking shake and yes I did take it back to Honda, and blah blah blah, I purchased and installed these...
No more shake.....rockauto had them very cheap and fedex delivery free... couldn’t pass up.. $ 108 at my door for pair.....
How have the replacement rotors performed?

·
Registered
2021 Passport EX-L 2WD Crystal Black Pearl
11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had Opti-Coat Pro Ceramic coating installed this week. It was a real deal install which included a full decontaminate wash followed by a polish and then the installation of 2 layers of Ceramic protection applied to all glossy surfaces including the wheels. I also had the all of the matte black trim and windows treated with the appropriate ceramic products as well. The system cost $1100 installed and has a 5 year warranty that is also registered to carfax. I could not be happier! She shines bright like a diamond now, it really brings depth to the OBP paint...

Here are pics I took when I was picking it up...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
115 Posts
Installed a VCM Tuner II yesterday - extremely easy. Nice product. Will see how it affects gas mileage this week as I have been recording on Fuelly for the past 3000 miles. Initial impressions was cruising on long stretch of road or highway felt “smoother” but it could be just a mental bias. I drive ~400miles a week right now so I’ve gotten a good feel for the passport.

Also just wanted to mention I think replacing the rear door checkers has been one of the best practical mods I’ve done. Having the rear doors open wider (as I usually have two child passengers in the back) has been a huge convenience. No wall or car dings as the checkers have notches before going all out wide. Really love this change.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Installed a VCM Tuner II yesterday - extremely easy. Nice product. Will see how it affects gas mileage this week as I have been recording on Fuelly for the past 3000 miles. Initial impressions was cruising on long stretch of road or highway felt “smoother” but it could be just a mental bias. I drive ~400miles a week right now so I’ve gotten a good feel for the passport.
Pardon my ignorance but are they necessary after the 2017 model year for the 3.5 V6? Just trying to get some opinions.

EDIT: Disregard. Answer here: 2019 Honda Passport Press Kit

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but are they necessary after the 2017 model year for the 3.5 V6? Just trying to get some opinions.

EDIT: Disregard. Answer here: 2019 Honda Passport Press Kit
Not gonna say if it's necessary or not, plenty of discussion on the forums here and elsewhere as it usually comes down to arguments for both sides. I personally am liking it. Highway driving and coasting feels good and responsive. After a full tank doing the same routes this past week I got the same exact average mileage I've been recording with Fuelly. Will continue testing but for now I see no reason I would take it off.

·
Registered
429 Posts
^ Your rig, your money. I've been wondering about the VCM Tuner II as well as those Pedal Commander units. (y)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Today I installed my cross bars onto the roof rails. These bars are rated to 165lbs.

Silly question here. Does anyone know the weight limit for the roof in general? Is their a way to calculate it? Could one add more cross bars and increase the carrying capacity? I mean 165lbs is a lot of weight, I'm just thinking about some of the larger roof top tents that are asking for the bars to have a higher weight limit then 165lbs. Thanks and stay safe.
thanks for the pics. I’m looking at these too. Do they whistle at speed? I looked up some other forum thoughts on other cars andI’ve read a couple of complaints about whistling noise basically 55mph+ no matter what. I like the look though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
KM708 Bully 17x8
255/65R17 BFG Ko2
I love the look.
Just be extra careful when making emergency maneuvers at Interstate speeds.
I still have my 20s and felt our high center of gravity, when I had to jerk the wheel at 77 mph, last weekend.

1181 - 1200 of 1219 Posts