Honda Passport Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1219 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
LOL... The roller feature of the rack allows you to push the kayak on from the rear...the rear side door openings do not really give you alot of space to stand......
they really dont 😄 i have to climb onto the rear tire and wedge myself between the open drivers door to tie mine down

·
Registered
248 Posts
I removed the "Elite" fake chrome, plastic badging on the back of our rig.

Some fishing line, a couple of clean/new micro fiber cloths, some Goo Be Gone and 15 minutes later (after washing and rinsing the area with soap and water), no more pompous sounding badging.

That displayed trim title just rubbed me wrong from the very get go. Right or wrong, pompous was the vibe I was getting from that name. Elite. WhoTF cares! The PP badging might go as well, just because, real soon.

I will be leaving the AWD letters solely to let LEO quickly know in snowy weather that we're already prepared by the very vehicle we drive. As required by law to travel snow laden public highways, we already have new snow cables in the trunk ready and waiting for our first winter 🌨 fun at the end of 2021.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Needed some me time so got my trailer hitch mounted today. Took about an hour.
  1. removed valence without removing full bumper. If you are doing this have a tiny 10mm wrench and long flathead screwdriver ready
  2. The push clips are the most annoying part. Best advice I can give is to pry them and hope not to snap any of the retention “arms”
  3. Best pro tip I can give if you are doing this solo —- use a box / mats / or whatever to prop up the hitch to near the right height. This way you can just focus on the bolts!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Took my ride to my detailer for the one year checkup of my ceramic coating. Still looks perfect. The car feels so smooth when you rub your hand over it. Still gald I spent the money for the ceramic coating.

·
Registered
267 Posts
After waiting several months for supplies, finally able to take our kayaks out this past weekend. Had roof rails installed at dealer and I installed crossbars and kayak carriers. And yes I have bow and stern ties (this was right before we took them down) View attachment 11695
Its amazing how long some of the delays on items are, glad you were able to score on your rack, I ran into the same thing with my Yakima racks.

I also noticed that you aren’t running a front plate, I also don’t run a front plate on my car as well as my wife’s TLX. She gets paranoid about getting pulled over but I just tell her that if you get pulled over tell him the license plate is in your trunk and that Honda/Acura is out of stock with plate frames due to the world wide shortage on everything. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What did I do to it today (yesterday)?

I drove it way hard on paved mountain roads and showed it no mercy. It listened to my input with the paddle shifters like a champ (keeping in mind this car is not a racetuned vehicle but I am race tuned driver).

·
Registered
2021 pearl white Passport Elite AWD
10 Posts
well, today installed die cast Honda die cast running boards, Honda mudflaps, Reese hitch and Curt wiring harness. As its a pearl white Elite, thinking of storm trooper decals in rear pass windows - lol! Still need to research roof rack cross bars....

·
Registered
248 Posts
well, today installed die cast Honda die cast running boards, Honda mudflaps, Reese hitch and Curt wiring harness. As its a pearl white Elite, thinking of storm trooper decals in rear pass windows - lol! Still need to research roof rack cross bars....
Pictures or it didn't happen. 😉

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport EX-L AWD
7 Posts
Its amazing how long some of the delays on items are, glad you were able to score on your rack, I ran into the same thing with my Yakima racks.

I also noticed that you aren’t running a front plate, I also don’t run a front plate on my car as well as my wife’s TLX. She gets paranoid about getting pulled over but I just tell her that if you get pulled over tell him the license plate is in your trunk and that Honda/Acura is out of stock with plate frames due to the world wide shortage on everything. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
My Malone bars where back ordered, Last update I had was December then sept, I cancelled the order after finding new on eBay and took a chance. Got them cheaper, in perfect condition and within a week. Right after I cancelled Malone shipping was updated to 2 weeks. Go figure. But still saved some dollars.
Still waiting for my hitch parts through Uhaul 😞
In Michigan front plates not required, but I always wondered what happens when we travel through other states that it is…

·
Registered
37 Posts
I gassed it up.

The car had been sitting out front from almost 3 weeks ago when we drove back down from the Pacific NW in a non stop 1200 mile drive, 16 1/2 hours.

(Well, we did stop three times for gas and Numero Uno breaks ). We didn't need so many breaks for gas because I was getting about 435 miles per tank but the Five Monsters took some attending to. ;-)

Since we both are working from home, we've done the few local drives using our Clarity PHEV, mostly using the battery charged in the garage (overnight at 120VAC gets about 45 mile range).

Gas at Costco, California's Gold, 87 octane, $4.45 per gallon. This is Costco!!! You can imagine 91 octane.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What did I do to it today (yesterday)?

I drove it way hard on paved mountain roads and showed it no mercy. It listened to my input with the paddle shifters like a champ (keeping in mind this car is not a racetuned vehicle but I am race tuned driver).
I had two Odyssey Type R's.

Take an OEM Integra Type R sticker, must be OEM!, an Exacto knife and place it right under the Odyssey name.

It helped that both of those babies had sport Bridgstone tires. That, the OTR sticker and training a van load of kids to "lean into the turn" really helped those cloverleaf on/off ramps to the freeway. The truth is that OTRs could be taken to the limit and then steered with the gas pedal. They didn't have VTM: '02 and '05.

Oh! Our Clarity PHEV has "Honda Racing" stickers. It strikes fear into Toyota drivers. ;-)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I like my new Cover King seat covers. Great fit, not too hard to install. I didn't like some others that maybe looked better but didn't have opening for side impact air bags mounted in seat back. They say they work fine with seat heating and cooling - I've not tried either yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
Tried to drive it. Dead battery.
Had to use steel key to get inside and pop the hood.

1161 - 1180 of 1219 Posts